Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:01:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ATM - Jeff Berwick (Dollar Vigilante) official withdrawal  (Read 6713 times)
MonadTran

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:46:04 PM

Regulations, oh well. Who would have guessed. I always suspected Jeff was a bit of a loudmouth, but this thing just proves it.
Sticking his face all over the project he was merely doing some PR for? Publicly announcing a specific launch date without considering any legal implications? Abandoning the project worldwide because of US/EU issues?
ragmondo

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 07:51:06 PM

I think the bigger issue here is just profit. There is nothing magical about an ATM for fiat <-> btc conversion, so the moment a competitor enters the space (of which there will be numerous), the profit margin will shrink and shrink. Yes there is a first mover advantage and the novelty factor, but this does bode well for long term investment and profit.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:08:02 PM

I let it trickle download while doing a few other things... Came back to see the dl stalled.  Actually it completed after downloading about 155 MB.  The time length however, compared to the stream does match up so maybe it's calling up a wrong file size?  Not sure.

I got it no problem.  Watched about half, but it was one of the most tedious things I've ever seen.  I basically did something else mostly before killing it.

I kept thinking of that Southpark "aaand, it's gone" episode whenever I envisioned actually feeding either money or BTC into the thing.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:48:21 AM

http://youtu.be/ZqEdBCKFPAo
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 01:51:51 AM

Very cool
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:58:15 AM

did i hear that right? "1 dollar is worth about 100 bitcoins" lawl

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 02:05:51 AM

lol ya!

1 cent / BTC 

BUY BUY BUY!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 03:39:33 AM

lol ya!

1 cent / BTC 

BUY BUY BUY!

IT"S A TRAP! Sell, before it goes under a penny, for we no longer have the Canadian penny as a purchasing agent.

Anybody have any idea how much a franchise or a unit cost if I wanted to place one here in Sandwich, IL?
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 04:05:05 AM

Anybody have any idea how much a franchise or a unit cost if I wanted to place one here in Sandwich, IL?

I'd be interested to know, especially as they mention both franchising and straight up sale of the units.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 05:53:26 AM

I'd be interested to know, especially as they mention both franchising and straight up sale of the units.

I'm not liking the shit I'm finding via Google: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/mbedit/kCLi2MD35YE

Alec Liu    
Apr 2

"I've replied to the founder's email earlier today. The questionnaire he attached was very vague and didn't tell you anything concrete. As an investor (which he is seeking) you dont know how much he is accepting or what your expected ROI will be, nor does he provide with even an approximated cost if you wanted to be a franchisee. I am ALL about supporting this frontier, but I think we need a little more substance from bitcoinATM to establish what the plan is. Are some places like Cyprus better to start than here in the USA? As much as I'd like to own a few in my area here in the USA, I think there are more areas in need. Who will manufacture the machine? What is the cost for leasing? My point: how are there 30 orders when all he did was send out a brief questionnaire gauging interests with no detail about anything else? Just trying to be a realist here."
- hide quoted text -

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Alec Liu <alec...@gmail.com> wrote:
did you catch him?

claims to have orders from 30+ countries already: http://www.businessinsider.com/cyprus-bitcoin-atm-guy-responds-2013-4

and that a real product already exists lolol
BI — "The Bitcoin ATM page is extremely vague and says it's seeking investors/partners, which means there's no actual product yet.”
JB — Yes, the page is a work in progress but just because we are seeking investors/partners doesn’t mean there is no actual product.  We have the product ready and we may actually install one asap in Los Angeles (where our operations are) just to show the world it works.  We are seeking investors to help fund our expansion as we are completely swamped with orders and interest and need to hire many people to keep up with demand.  We will be closing a first round of investment, like somewhere between $1-3 million in the next few weeks and already have more than that ready from serious investors.

This guy comes across as a serious investor and has trouble ascertaining what it's all about.
dandirk

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:53:20 AM

I'm not liking the shit I'm finding via Google: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/mbedit/kCLi2MD35YE

Alec Liu    
Apr 2

"I've replied to the founder's email earlier today. The questionnaire he attached was very vague and didn't tell you anything concrete. As an investor (which he is seeking) you dont know how much he is accepting or what your expected ROI will be, nor does he provide with even an approximated cost if you wanted to be a franchisee. I am ALL about supporting this frontier, but I think we need a little more substance from bitcoinATM to establish what the plan is. Are some places like Cyprus better to start than here in the USA? As much as I'd like to own a few in my area here in the USA, I think there are more areas in need. Who will manufacture the machine? What is the cost for leasing? My point: how are there 30 orders when all he did was send out a brief questionnaire gauging interests with no detail about anything else? Just trying to be a realist here."
- hide quoted text -

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Alec Liu <alec...@gmail.com> wrote:
did you catch him?

claims to have orders from 30+ countries already: http://www.businessinsider.com/cyprus-bitcoin-atm-guy-responds-2013-4

and that a real product already exists lolol
BI — "The Bitcoin ATM page is extremely vague and says it's seeking investors/partners, which means there's no actual product yet.”
JB — Yes, the page is a work in progress but just because we are seeking investors/partners doesn’t mean there is no actual product.  We have the product ready and we may actually install one asap in Los Angeles (where our operations are) just to show the world it works.  We are seeking investors to help fund our expansion as we are completely swamped with orders and interest and need to hire many people to keep up with demand.  We will be closing a first round of investment, like somewhere between $1-3 million in the next few weeks and already have more than that ready from serious investors.

This guy comes across as a serious investor and has trouble ascertaining what it's all about.

From the last paragraph sounds like a douche salesman scam...  Hurry your window is closing, tons of people are on the train already (that no one has serious info on) and its about to leave... get your money on the choo choo NOW!   oh btw... that train goes straight to my swiss account ha ha ha
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: