Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:05:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I have all non-english boards ignored for me.  (Read 660 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:28:20 AM

Almost every week a new non-english board is either created for a language or as a sub forum in an existing language. it is annoying to keep going to the profile and blocking it every time a new one is created. If I ignore the parent forum for that language it should inherently ignore the sub-forums.

Thank you.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 04:11:22 AM

Almost every week a new non-english board is either created for a language or as a sub forum in an existing language. it is annoying to keep going to the profile and blocking it every time a new one is created. If I ignore the parent forum for that language it should inherently ignore the sub-forums.

Thank you.
That seems to be the way it's working for me... But regardless, there's a little - sign next to the name of the section, ex:

- Local

Click it, and the whole section gets minimized. Poof.

Hope this helps. Smiley

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 01:14:59 PM

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. This - sign is on the main page of the forum, not the ignore board preferences page.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:16:21 PM

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. This - sign is on the main page of the forum, not the ignore board preferences page.

Does that make new posts disappear in the "Show unread posts since last visit" link?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 01:23:52 PM

Does that make new posts disappear in the "Show unread posts since last visit" link?
No. Using that function is probably not your best bet. That's like trying to drink from a firehose.

You can watch entire boards, though: https://bitcointalk.org/watch_board.php (For instance, Important Announcements is 87)

Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:24:35 PM

No. Using that function is probably not your best bet. That's like trying to drink from a firehose.

You can watch entire boards, though: https://bitcointalk.org/watch_board.php (For instance, Important Announcements is 87)

I'm currently drinking from the firehose which is why it would be nice to turn off foreign languages and newbie threads.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 01:36:49 PM

I'm currently drinking from the firehose which is why it would be nice to turn off foreign languages and newbie threads.
Stop?

It's much more efficient to set up a watchlist for the boards you want to see, rather than sift through all the trash from the boards you don't want to see.

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:39:28 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90136

Why does this thread pop up twice a week now?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 01:43:02 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90136

Why does this thread pop up twice a week now?
Because those links are still there?

Of course, if Theymos removed them, there'd be threads about that... damned if you do, damned if you don't.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5208
Merit: 13017

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:32:09 PM

The watchlist isn't really a good replacement for "show unread posts since last visit". I agree that you should be able to ignore whole sections including new children, but it seems a little difficult to add that feature.

Does anyone know: If you have a board ignored and then I add a new child board under it, will you automatically ignore the child? Probably not.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 03:44:13 PM

The watchlist isn't really a good replacement for "show unread posts since last visit". I agree that you should be able to ignore whole sections including new children, but it seems a little difficult to add that feature.

Does anyone know: If you have a board ignored and then I add a new child board under it, will you automatically ignore the child? Probably not.

It doesn't automatically get a check mark in the ignored list, but it doesn't show up in the listing from the main page. If you're using "show unread posts since last visit," posts in it will still show up, but you'll be unable to navigate to that page manually.

That works well enough for me, but I don't try to drink from the firehose. Smiley I check my watchlist, then manually browse to the boards which I want to read, but not enough to watch the whole board.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: