Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:30:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: GTX 1080 ti brand  (Voting closed: June 09, 2017, 12:58:50 AM)
Founders Edition - 1 (25%)
ROG STRIX - 2 (50%)
FTW - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which gtx 1080 ti brand is the best?  (Read 7471 times)
Nalut (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:03:13 AM

You will find, under this, all the available 1080 Ti cards, with their Clock speed and Boost Speed.
What would be the hashing difference between a Founder Edition card (1480 MHz / 1582 MHz) and the GALAX GTX 1080 Ti HOF Limited Edition (1645 MHz / 1759 MHz) ?

There's EVGA FTW3 that can go up to 1680 MHZ a fuze protection layer and advanced cooling system.
But you pay $80 for the extra memory boost clock, very interested in this card.
I believe this card can do 1050~1100 sol/s about $16 a day hashing DGB Skein
Do the math here http://whattomine.com/coins/114-dgb-skein?utf8=✓&hr=1100&p=250.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate
MA3A

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 05:34:02 AM

I have been through 8 different 1080ti's and what i have found out
PNY 1080TI FE - was the worst one on hash rates.
ASUS 1080TI FE - was the best one out of all FE

out of overclocked cards i have zotac 1080ti amp extreme - a very little bit slower than gigabyte aorus xtreme, speed difference is so small i would not even bother, why i got gigabyte is because 4 years warranty(if you register on site) 3 years if you will not. What i dont like about gigabyte - REALLY FAT card, but really quiet. Temperature wise - OC versions are running really hot on full TDP. MSI OC edition is pretty good too, speed-wise very close to gigabyte or zotac.

What i did like about FE with BLOWER FAN cards - VERY VERY TOLERABLE TO HIGH TEMPERATURES! i just have fans 100% kind of noisy, but not too bad. anything under 75% fan speed is barely audible. ASUS 1080TI FE was the best performing card out of all and the most stable. You can put 1 1080ti fe in midtower and will work just fine, cant say that about OC cards - they need to have add-on coolers for sure and BIG case. i could not find any combination of any motherboard/case in my possession that would fit more than 2 gigabyte OC cards, not just because of a temps but because of a SIZES of card. I had tried 3x FE in one hf-x case, worked good, but you still need to keep an eye on your temps and get real good add-on fans or have fan control unit installed with ability to regulate RPM's with increased voltage.

At some point i have assembled a system with 3x1070ti and i think they were pretty good cards for play and or mine, a local gamer bought that computer. Case was COOLERMASTER HF-X - very good case for tri card setup.

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
Nalut (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:28:56 PM

I have been through 8 different 1080ti's and what i have found out
PNY 1080TI FE - was the worst one on hash rates.
ASUS 1080TI FE - was the best one out of all FE

out of overclocked cards i have zotac 1080ti amp extreme - a very little bit slower than gigabyte aorus xtreme, speed difference is so small i would not even bother, why i got gigabyte is because 4 years warranty(if you register on site) 3 years if you will not. What i dont like about gigabyte - REALLY FAT card, but really quiet. Temperature wise - OC versions are running really hot on full TDP. MSI OC edition is pretty good too, speed-wise very close to gigabyte or zotac.

What i did like about FE with BLOWER FAN cards - VERY VERY TOLERABLE TO HIGH TEMPERATURES! i just have fans 100% kind of noisy, but not too bad. anything under 75% fan speed is barely audible. ASUS 1080TI FE was the best performing card out of all and the most stable. You can put 1 1080ti fe in midtower and will work just fine, cant say that about OC cards - they need to have add-on coolers for sure and BIG case. i could not find any combination of any motherboard/case in my possession that would fit more than 2 gigabyte OC cards, not just because of a temps but because of a SIZES of card. I had tried 3x FE in one hf-x case, worked good, but you still need to keep an eye on your temps and get real good add-on fans or have fan control unit installed with ability to regulate RPM's with increased voltage.

At some point i have assembled a system with 3x1070ti and i think they were pretty good cards for play and or mine, a local gamer bought that computer. Case was COOLERMASTER HF-X - very good case for tri card setup.
Did you bought the FTW3 version ? which ti versions do you currently have ?
andulio

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:53:41 PM

I found this on steemit https://steemit.com/howto/@cryptoloco/nvidia-gtx-1080-ti-hashrates-per-model-list-plus-all-you-need-to-know-before-building-an-nvidia-mining-rig

Wish I had this before building my rig, next one is a killer tho.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:30:39 PM

My Gigabyte Aorus is a monster - very good cooling AND very high clocks (commonly boosts to over 2000 depending on what I'm doing with it).
Down side is the 3 slot width size.

The Zotac AMP looks good, but I don't own one.
 Same 3 slot issue as the Aorus though.

The 1080ti Founder's Edition has been widely reported to not have very good cooling - apparently that "vapor chamber" design isn't as efficient as good heat pipe setups.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
kaya11

Activity: 1316
Merit: 110

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:00:25 PM

You will find, under this, all the available 1080 Ti cards, with their Clock speed and Boost Speed.
What would be the hashing difference between a Founder Edition card (1480 MHz / 1582 MHz) and the GALAX GTX 1080 Ti HOF Limited Edition (1645 MHz / 1759 MHz) ?

saved thanks

crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:28:01 PM

have 4 x 1080ti Palit GTX 1080ti jetstream
updated bios for superjetstrim - took me about 10 min, they are working much faster now
but recently bought Zotac GTX 1080ti AMP Extreme - highly recommend, that card is the monster!
it easily is outperfoming Palit
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:01:04 PM

"Factory" Boost Clock" rating is a "we guarentee the card will boost AT LEAST this high" statement, almost all cards will boost quite a bit higher than that in usual usage.
 For example, my Gigabyte Aorus (NOT the extreme) was typically boosting to well over 1900 Mhz and sometimes over 2000 depending on what I was testing on it at the time - even at "stock" clock settings.

Very good cards if you have the SPACE for the massive cooling setup.

Asus "Turbo" blower card doesn't boost all that high, and runs quite a bit hotter.
 Removing the mounting bracket helps on temps noticeably as it unblocks the primary exhaust some.
 This also seems to be the ONLY non-founders edition 1080 ti blower card that DOES NOT PUT A MASSIVE DVI CONNECTOR RIGHT IN THE EXHAUST OF THE CARD BLOCKING HALF OF IT.
 Best card for an "in case" setup IMO at this time, but I can't really recommend it for a riser-type setup as there are better options for those (though at it's usual cost, I don't recommend AGAINST it for a riser setup).

Gigabyte "Windforce" models stay fairly cool, but I can no longer recommend them due to the junk fans they use.
 I didn't realise Gigabyte had DROPPED usage of ball bearing fans in thelr mid-range models 'till recently - and have had *2* fan deaths in Gigabyte cards in the last 2 weeks, AND an ITX outright CARD death that might be fan-caused overheating caused.

EVGA SC stays fairly cool, but doesn't boost quite as high as the Aorus.
 Good solid card and the 8+6 power connection makes it a LOT easier to use several in one rig than the 8+8 many "higher level" cards use.

Hash difference between cards is mostly going to happen at the higher "push them" TDP settings - all of my GTX 1080 ti cards seem to settle into about the SAME hashrate once they get under 70% and they've very close at 80%, in the limited testing I've done so far on all of them.
 Temperature is one of the things the card takes into account when deciding how high to push the boost, the higher-end massive cooling cards that eat 2.5-3 slot width cool better so they boost higher at high power levels.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:07:09 PM

Zotac amp extreme probably the best. However, these cards on top of the list are the fastest if you consider just using the cards out of the box. These cards with lower clocks can be overclocked more and still be stable.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: