Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:06:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [SOCC] SocialCoin - Payments for reviews, content, likes and views  (Read 4056 times)
SDHarley (OP)

Activity: 778
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 12:11:19 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 03:18:08 PM by SDHarley

=======================================================
PRE-ANN: SocialCoin - Receive payments for your content, comment, reviews and views. Coming Q3 2017.

=======================================================

I've had this idea in my head for a while, and have been working on it in the background. This is a PRE-ANN only at this point, but I already know enough info to be able to share what will happen over the next few months. Plus I feel it would be good to state the idea today in order to declare that I will be delivering this.

From what I can find, this idea has not been done before and I cannot find a coin which matches it in the current market.

So, the coin...

Synopsis

What is the internet full of? Opinion. Comment and thought. On just about anything. From the obscure, such as reviews of garden fencing on Amazon to the more obvious such as the content on YouTube and TripAdvisor. My own personal blend of comment is in the field of automotive writing, and I've been contributing to motoring-related websites for longer than I care to remember. In addition, I've been published monthly in this field for over six years, something I do for the content and not the money as I don't charge for my contributions.

The point of all this? Think of all that content, comment and critique. What would happen if people were paid for that content? Those 'likes' and comments? Peer-reviewed potentially, depending upon the platform, but underpinned by a cryptocurrency and blockchain technology specifically intended to enable and support such a requirement. The industry within which SocialCoin will operate is ready made and waiting to benefit. And the anonymity of blockchain technology is such that if one so chooses, rewards can be abstracted away from those who send them.

So SocialCoin's aim will be to permeate through platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TripAdvisor, online forums such as Pistonheads and so on. Posts which strike a chord with the readers, comment which will otherwise draw a 'like' and YouTube content which impresses the viewer will be rewarded with the payment of SocialCoin from those with the vision to join the network, own the local wallet and so on. The hope would be that this drives quality, as poor comment or content would not be rewarded.

This is not a new beginning. But there is no end in sight here, either. I am under no illusion of the challenge here but the effort is worth it in my view. I have a history of seeing things through and will do so here.

Sustainability

We are working on methods to ensure the coin's circulation continues after the initial premine-funded contributions are paid. The network needs to be self-sufficient. More on this in the ANN.

Roadmap

Eagle-eyed Bitcoin members may have noticed my Marketplace post on this, here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1940867.0. If not, you will gather from it that I'm looking for a dev as the first action.

But this is not necessarily a blocker. I have no immediate issue using the paid option available via Walletbuilders, but at the same time the roadmap and potential future of this coin is such that I do not necessarily want to be encumbered by another organization's abilities, or constraints. So at this point we are intending on building and releasing the coin ourselves. If the Bitcoin community wish to join in this, there will be substantial bounties paid, but more on that in a moment.

As for the coin roadmap, we are shortly to reach out to the media contacts of the above named platforms. If this succeeds, I will likely eat my hat. After all, why should they care? #cynical perhaps, we will see. My assumption at this point is that we will need to rely upon strength of networking and the community's ability to spread the word. Hence the lack of ninja release and also the airdrop campaign. More below. I will be using the social media and printed media, plus YouTube channel and websites available to me to spread the word, and keep pushing from there. This is such a fresh idea (if anybody has any info on previous attempts, please post them), it is worth pursuing. I will also be looking to create a Slack group for this.

One of the first actions however will be to release the website, shortly to start build. Domain already exists at www.social-coin.co.uk
There is no content on this website, it is brand new and in-build in the background.

Twitter presence has already been established @SocialCoinNetwk. Facebook presence also, details of this still being refined.

In addition to 1990s websites, iOS and Android wallets are planned, with clear benefits to the true model of social media and networking.

Specifics and facts

Coin: SocialCoin
Ticker: SOCC
Algo: Scrypt or X11. I want something which is easily GPU mineable
Type: PoW

Supply: 75,000,000, this may increase but the max would be 100 million.
Premine: 1% (750k or 1M). Rationale for this is below.

Block reward: 25 SOCC
Diff retarget: TBC
Block time: TBC
Maturity: TBC
Halving: TBC
Exchanges: In due course (see bounties)
Pools: In due course (see bounties)

Release type

There will be no ninja here. We will publicly via an ANN thread linked to this post, confirm a release date sometime in the next quarter (Q3 2017). This post is designed to raise awareness. I daresay there is a risk somebody else would copy the idea(?) but one hopes the community would respond accordingly, also bearing in mind the below bounties.

Premine

This coin will require a substantial marketing campaign. Because you get nothing for nothing in economics, assume that individuals will do nothing in the initial stages for that which is unproven. Ergo, other than funding bounties and airdrops, 750k/1M is going to go in the first few months on a scaled submission approach which will see contributors paid double or triple before a more permanent reward scheme takes over. The details of these are TBC. We do intend on keeping some of the premine for ourselves, because it would be nice to receive something for the effort other than recognition. This will not be a pump and dump however, and we will stand by that statement. Value increases on the exchanges will not result in offloading the currency as we've seen elsewhere, this we are in for the long haul. I have a public profile which will be linked to this coin. I am putting my journalistic name to it. I do not want it damaged or sullied in any way.

Bounties, airdrop

:: Bounty ::
Dev: 10k SOCC. If this is of interest, I need to know by, and have an agreement sewn up by, the end of June 2017. Please PM.
First exchange listing: 350 SOCC
Second exchange listing: 200 SOCC
Pools: 100 SOCC apiece, max of five.
Block explorer: Potentially a bounty will also be available for this, details TBC. Those who are interested can post here and I will update the OP.
Translations: 300 SOCC each for all European languages, plus each APAC language, Indian languages and each LATAM language. 300 SOCC also for Russian. For others, PM me please. Again, the OP will be updated for those who respond. Note that some language translations may be peer reviewed for accuracy.
Logo design: I am emphatically not an artist. Ergo, logo designs may be submitted via this PRE-ANN and the winner receives 1000 SOCC upon launch of the ANN thread.

Translations agreed:
Vietnamese: Watanabe1505
Dutch: Lemonado
Hindi: erikalui
APAC Japanese: kawasaki5050
Indonesian: Smitty Werben Man Jensen
Filipino: arwin100
Serbian: christyh
Hungarian: KingAzir
Malaysian: cadilac9999
Slovenian: Iwannacry
German: ChrisLandin
Thai: articleheros
French: BtcKing 1
Italian: Flomess
Bulgarian: Sowik

Pools agreed:
findblocks.com

:: Airdrop ::
Twitter retweets: 150 SOCC
Twitter likes: 150 SOCC
The first 100 people who respond to the ANN (not this PRE-ANN thread) will receive 50 SOCCs each.
Facebook: Links, wall posts etc, 50 SOCC
Slack: 50 SOCC for those who mention on their Slack.

Note that for each of the above, I will require a PM message showing the link and the profile name.

Other details

Wallets - Github source will be available, with compiled Windows and Linux wallets available via the website. Downloads for these will be on social-coin.co.uk and they will be confirmed as virus free 100%. If Virustotal reports BitMiner I expect the community to appreciate and recognise that.

Soure code, in due course, will be here: https://github.com/SocialCoinNetwk/SocialCoin

Any questions, feel free to reach out via this thread and I will endeavour to quickly answer them. Or you can also email as below.

---------------------------

Mark.

@SocialCoinNetwk
socialcoincrypto@gmail.com

---------------------------

PRE-ANN revision history

1. June 4th 2017 - Released.
2. June 4th 2017 - Added Indian language bounty, other language confirmations.
3. June 4th 2017 - Updated OP to set ticker to SOCC.
4. June 4th 2017 - Added GitHub link.
5. June 11th 2017 - Added French and Italian translation.
6. June 12th 2017 - Added Bulgarian translation.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Social Cryptos Ltd - Where cryptos can benefit us all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 12:14:17 PM

Is there any bounty for Hindi translation for the Indian local thread?

SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 12:15:01 PM

Is there any bounty for Hindi translation for the Indian local thread?

Matched to the APAC rate. So yes, 300 SOC.

Lemonado

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:15:31 PM

Doesnt steem do it? Im not sure so feel free to correct me.

I can do the graphic design for the project + logo and I could also do dutch translation if needed, pm me if interested  Smiley
findblocks.com

Activity: 515

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 12:15:45 PM

i can sort a pool no problem Smiley

We Do Private Pools / Block Explorers / New Coins / Send us a inbox
Findblocks Pool - http://findblocks.Net
Watanabe1505

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:17:53 PM

Pls reserving Vietnamese translation for me
kawasaki5050

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:19:19 PM

Do you need ANN thread in Japanese language ? Please contact me Cheesy
SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 12:22:44 PM

OP updated for: Translations and pool

Edit - Those who have agreed will be contacted prior to ANN going live. We will need you to ensure those local ANNs are ready in time. You will receive min 1 week notice.

jezus

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:24:43 PM

How long pre-ann to start?

█████████████████████████████████████████
██                                     ██
██ █████████████▄ ▀███████████████████ ██
██ ██          ▀██▄ ▀██▄            ██ ██
██ ██            ▀██▄ ▀██▄          ██ ██
██ ██              ▀██▄ ▀██▄        ██ ██
██ ██                ▀██▄ ▀██▄  ▄▄████ ██
██ ██                  ▀██▄ ▀████▀▀    ██
██ ██                    ▀██▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ██
██ ██▄                     ▀██  ██  ██ ██
██ █████▄                 ▄▄██  ██  ██ ██
██     ▀███▄        ▄▄██████▀ ▄▄ ▀████ ██
██ ████▄ ▀▀██ ▄▄██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄████▄▄    ██
██ ██  ██  ▀███▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀████ ██
██ ██  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄           ██ ██
██ ████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄          ██ ██
██   ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█ ██   ██ █▄         ██ ██
██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ███████ █████████████ ██
██                                     ██
█████████████████████████████████████████
LASER ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS

A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER
FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
[]
SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 12:30:08 PM

How long pre-ann to start?

Between now and the end of Q3

arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 805

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 12:30:59 PM

I will do the Filipino translation message me up If you need it and Kindly reserve it for me.

sergsen

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:32:52 PM

I wonder, I'll watch. Waiting for the bounty ..
kamiyama

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:45:54 PM

[ANN - SocialCoin (SOC)] The REAL Charity coin! Very profitable to mine!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412331.0

There are things of the same name in the past, but are there any relationships?
Xinarae*

Activity: 1414
Merit: 326

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:57:08 PM

ANN thread is are one new thread? or on this thread?
christyh

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:59:44 PM

I can translate to Serbian language for this thread. Please accept me.

KingAzir

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 01:01:24 PM

Are you interested in Hungarian translation for the project? Let me know if needed, thanks!

abonarea
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 01:07:58 PM

You asked very relevant question which actually I was going to ask as well. I am interested to know as well what is the difference between Ann and this thread which currently is under Pre-Ann tag. Having chance to participate in free airdrop is good to have some SOC just by responding to announcement.
SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 01:09:05 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2017, 01:23:54 PM by SDHarley

[ANN - SocialCoin (SOC)] The REAL Charity coin! Very profitable to mine!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412331.0

There are things of the same name in the past, but are there any relationships?

There are no relationships. Thanks for finding this, I was unable to. Having read that thread, I cannot see a connection other than the name. I will contact the OP of that thread to nail this down.

That thread refers to a charity coin and a coin linked to research. It also seems to have died off and I cannot find the ticker anywhere.

Edit - That account of the OP hasn't been active since August 2014. Sent them a PM will wait to hear. We will be continuing with our roadmap set against the SOCC ticker and the fact this proposal is clearly and demonstrably different to that earlier thread. Thanks again for raising.

SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 01:10:59 PM

You asked very relevant question which actually I was going to ask as well. I am interested to know as well what is the difference between Ann and this thread which currently is under Pre-Ann tag. Having chance to participate in free airdrop is good to have some SOC just by responding to announcement.

We've taken the step to announce details to show willing and intention. This definitely a PRE-ANN thread and not an ANN. I want the full ecosystem including translated ANNs to be available at launch. Hence prep is needed and the best way to do that is to clarify the details via a PRE-ANN.

SDHarley (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 01:17:45 PM

I can translate to Serbian language for this thread. Please accept me.

PRE-ANN updated.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: