Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:12:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fiat money influx into crypto-currencies - Question about price dynamics  (Read 313 times)
FearlessHannibal (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:53:35 PM

Hello Guys,

Is there any estimations or measures out there of how much fiat money influx got into the crypto-currency world?
I don't mean the market cap of bitcoin and others, I mean how much USD, EUR, CNY, ... got invested in buying bitcoin and others

I have been thinking about the price dynamics, and I am wondering what happens when enough traders/investors starting thinking to secure some of their profits in USD. More importantly, the hundreds of millions of dollar poured into ICOs in form of crypto-currency investments will be withdrawn in fiat currencies to fund the development of the respective projects.

So again, is there enough fiat currency supply or will the exchange plunge as people seek an exit?

Your help is much appreciated!
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8024

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:02:18 PM

Hello Guys,

Is there any estimations or measures out there of how much fiat money influx got into the crypto-currency world?
I don't mean the market cap of bitcoin and others, I mean how much USD, EUR, CNY, ... got invested in buying bitcoin and others

I have been thinking about the price dynamics, and I am wondering what happens when enough traders/investors starting thinking to secure some of their profits in USD. More importantly, the hundreds of millions of dollar poured into ICOs in form of crypto-currency investments will be withdrawn in fiat currencies to fund the development of the respective projects.

So again, is there enough fiat currency supply or will the exchange plunge as people seek an exit?

First of all, it's BILLIONS of dollars and secondly, exchanges always plunge as people seek an exit.  It's part of the game.  Some people are never able to sell and they end up holding the proverbial bag.

edit: you don't seem very fearless, Hannibal.
FearlessHannibal (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:29:30 PM

It is a crazy game, I know, and FearlessHannibal still has a lot of skin in the game ...
The day I back-off, I will change the name to WiseHannibal  Smiley

Good luck xhomerx10!

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:13:37 PM

It depends on the demand for cryptocurrencies versus the need for fiat some exchanges always convert their currencies/Bitcoin/Altcoins to cash since that is their business and they need US currency, that said they may keep a portion of the sale for storage and future appreciation like Newegg did back in the day. So the answer relies on how much fiat they have before they need to convert it back from crypto.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: