Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:44:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What about Micro-Bitcoin-Businesses?  (Read 1030 times)
RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:38:41 AM

BTC's transaction fee is so high now - it cost about $3.5 to refund a not in stock item on my website to the customer.

I've been wondering what most merchants are doing since the crisis keeps dragging on. Will it get much better soon?

They are declaring bankruptcy, or moving on into altcoins where the fees are tiny.

You wont' really get people buying socks or electronic gears that cost 5$ for another 5$ in fee, it's just absolutely impossible to do small time commerce in BTC right now.

It's really sad, because I saw a lot of potential in those small businesses. Too bad they got taken out by the incompetence of the dev team.

niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:40:46 AM

yes even i was doing faucet for quit long i was getting satoshi too quickly now my lots of claims goes pending and it get cancel some time . Eve e transfer amount not too big while comparing its only with satoshi . If you calculate with dollars then makes bit difference
Mia Wallace

Activity: 361
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:00:43 PM

yes even i was doing faucet for quit long i was getting satoshi too quickly now my lots of claims goes pending and it get cancel some time . Eve e transfer amount not too big while comparing its only with satoshi . If you calculate with dollars then makes bit difference
With the price of bitcoin rising rapidly and the transaction fees getting higher the faucet business have come to a halt a long time ago when google stopped providing advertisement revenue for running a faucet site and that is when i stopped collecting bits and pieces through faucet as it is not a real method to earn some satoshi with the amount of time spent in it.
27QVUTZj8rgZP1

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:23:30 PM

As a poor citizen of a rich country I can say the OP is right, Bitcoin forgot us completely. It is no longer usable for us, we feel scammed.

It is like being welcomed with open arms, and when they got what they wanted just close the door in our face. That is how I feel.

Now, I'm considering alternatives. Dash seems like something serious, don't know if they will do the same as Bitcoin, but it is worth a try in my opinion.

The poor population is big, I believe Bitcoin is making a big mistake by forgetting us. I'd say wake up, before it is too late.

EDIT:
And please, update this page: https://bitcoin.org/en/innovation

Bitcoin address: 1RepentJESUSisComingSoon777kqd54C

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. - Revelation 22:12
RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:13:27 PM

As a poor citizen of a rich country I can say the OP is right, Bitcoin forgot us completely. It is no longer usable for us, we feel scammed.

It is like being welcomed with open arms, and when they got what they wanted just close the door in our face. That is how I feel.

Now, I'm considering alternatives. Dash seems like something serious, don't know if they will do the same as Bitcoin, but it is worth a try in my opinion.

The poor population is big, I believe Bitcoin is making a big mistake by forgetting us. I'd say wake up, before it is too late.

EDIT:
And please, update this page: https://bitcoin.org/en/innovation

That is true. I am dirt poor right now, completely broke. While bitcoin charges 20$ / transaction. You have to be kidding with me.

Andreas Antonopoulus was talking about the 3 billion unbanked in the world. Well looks like Bitcoin has fucked them.

No problem, some other altcoin will help the 3 billion unbanked, while we leave Bitcoin to the closed minded people.

Jherek

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:23:52 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 12:35:04 PM by Jherek

Well, to be honest I cannot actually get the reason why so many people are moaning about the transaction cost.
Indeed, I also remember times when we actually payed like 0.01 dollar or slightly more for one transaction, even big one: but I say once again these times have passed.

Sit in the same place and complain about the size of miners reward, about confirmation time etc. if you cannot stand this then just dont use BTC.
We need to find a way that will help bitcoin and blockchain with these problems, because blochchain is pretty much too slow (63k now, it is actually like average now) and there is a problem with bitcoin thanks to the size of the fees.

Honestly, I have accepted that fact like 10 thousand times already. You need to move on and still use bitcoin for your advantage, than just worrying about how much are you going to pay for sending a transaction.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: