Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:48:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] - 0.04 BTC - Help me solve my smOS problem!  (Read 1142 times)
Sequoia93 (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:34:24 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 04:51:41 PM by Sequoia93

Problem Identified!

I regret not being as thorough as I could have in my initial post about my setup.

I have been powering the motherboard/cpu and the risers with a 750w evga PSU, then running the cards' main power connection off of a server PSU.

As soon as I remove the server PSUs from the equation and run a rig solely on a single ATX PSU everything works fine!

Now, I have multiple server PSUs, and the problem persists across those....

so now my question is why does smOS hang when using the server PSUs?

I'd hate to have to replace them all....

This is my first time using server PSUs, is how I set them up incorrect?

looks like you need to synchronize your power up sequence properly.

I have many rigs with server psu and all is fine.

for dual atx psu, you need the addon adapter.

for dual server psu, i use a special Y power cord that basically powers both server psu at the same time (without using addon adapter).

i must admit that i dont have a mixed server psu and atx psu rig though.... like in your case.

I actually got the idea to mix the server PSUs with ATX PSUs from yun9999's thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1806061.0

He claims to have used them prior to getting PICOs from Finksy. I did not think the power up sequence would matter with the server PSUs since they are always "on".

Dual ATX I have done before with an adapter, but I'd like to take advantage of all these platinum server PSUs I bought  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: