Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:08:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help about peers of debug window core  (Read 657 times)
Divo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 10:10:45 PM

Hi guys, I need help about what does mean and how works peers.  I like know more information about this topic for developing.

I like know more about "Node/Service", "User Agent", and "Ping Time". What is their function in the wallet And what is their use with blockchain new bocks.

Thanks for your helping) Smiley Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 10:51:38 PM

Hi guys, I need help about what does mean and how works peers.  I like know more information about this topic for developing.

I like know more about "Node/Service", "User Agent", and "Ping Time". What is their function in the wallet And what is their use with blockchain new bocks.

Thanks for your helping) Smiley Smiley

I'm not sure what you're asking here, if your native language isn't english then if you look at local board then you can probably find your language there and find more appropriate answers to your queries.

However, peers are other computers that are connected to yours via a network if that's what you mean by peers. They're just other computer who hold the blockchaind and function to send you the correct blocks for you to be able to sync with the network and view the bitcoins you have (And then control and spend these Bitcoins).

"Ping Time" is merely the time between a request being sent to a node (a packet of data normally) and a response from that node to be recieved by your computer.
I'm not sure what is meant by "node/service" or "user agent".
If you meant "node service" then that is merely hosting anode which is what you already do by running the core client.
Divo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:58:34 PM

My goal is to know what is the reason why the new blocks that are generated in the blockchain there is a difference of different seconds in the reception of these in different wallets. (Sorry for my english I'm dyslexic)
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 04:59:10 AM

My goal is to know what is the reason why the new blocks that are generated in the blockchain there is a difference of different seconds in the reception of these in different wallets. (Sorry for my english I'm dyslexic)
The difference in receiving and accepting blocks is due to network latency and verification time. There isn't anything that can be done to make every single peer instantaneously know about a block the moment it is created; the laws of physics prevents that. It takes time for data to be transmitted and more time for the computer to verify the block. This is all dependent on the hardware of the connected machines and of the internet connection between peers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: