Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:45:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-06-03] Coinbase Seeks $1 Billion Valuation From Committed Investors  (Read 5675 times)
TwoTimes (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:13:24 PM

According to a report from the Wall Street Journal, the bitcoin company Coinbase is seeking investors in a new funding round that aims for a $1 billion dollar valuation.

Sources familiar with the matter told the publication Coinbase is currently having discussions with potential investors. Currently, investors that may pledge towards the round are undisclosed, but the source has disclosed it will be one of the biggest funding rounds in the digital currency space. The company has been one of the most well-known startups since Brian Armstrong, and Fred Ehrsam founded the company in 2012.

Read More Here >>> https://news.bitcoin.com/coinbase-1-billion-valuation-investors/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:59:01 AM

According to a report from the Wall Street Journal, the bitcoin company Coinbase is seeking investors in a new funding round that aims for a $1 billion dollar valuation.

Sources familiar with the matter told the publication Coinbase is currently having discussions with potential investors. Currently, investors that may pledge towards the round are undisclosed, but the source has disclosed it will be one of the biggest funding rounds in the digital currency space. The company has been one of the most well-known startups since Brian Armstrong, and Fred Ehrsam founded the company in 2012.

Read More Here >>> https://news.bitcoin.com/coinbase-1-billion-valuation-investors/

If they do get listed on an exchange eventually that will be a good sign of mainstream usage, first the ETF's then companies getting listed a billion dollar valuation is a pretty high number right now though but if it's based on future value it's not a bad opportunity for the venture capital to test it out.
That said in my opinion at present value its overvalued winkeveli's Gemini is as good a deal as any or a bnktothefuture deal.
https://bnktothefuture.com/

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:26:35 AM

They want a $1 billion valuation but they're struggle so bad with customer support. They need to fix a few things before that sort of recognition and responsibility.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:34:33 PM

They want a $1 billion valuation but they're struggle so bad with customer support. They need to fix a few things before that sort of recognition and responsibility.

It's not only Coinbase that suffers from various inconveniences lately. If you read through this article, it's clear that they go through a massive amount of growth. It's not for nothing that they have had a peak of 40,000 users signing up in just a matter of 24 hours. In order to handle the growth in an appropriate manner, a lot money needs to be invested in their platform, security, server capacity, staff, etc. Things aren't as easy as they may look....
runningm520

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:27:33 AM

Will that bring down the already increased fees? Creating an environment where there are, once again, middle-men taking in fees that are just as high as banks. There will be no revolution to speak of anymore. We moved away from the baking cartel towards the Bitcoin banking cartel .
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:44:17 AM

I agree, this coinbase has lost its lack and luster this past few months. Parts of its server has been shutting down here and there and it has cause a lot of trouble with it's customers and the support was pretty slow to respond to any of the inquiries. I had a transaction once, I sent money to my coinbase wallet and it has had 20 confirmations and it has not went into my wallet. So I went to email support and didn't get a damned reply for over three days and the issue fixed itself. Then I read about that parts of their servers crashed. Which scared me and I just went away and never went back.
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:38:01 AM

It's not only Coinbase that suffers from various inconveniences lately. If you read through this article, it's clear that they go through a massive amount of growth. It's not for nothing that they have had a peak of 40,000 users signing up in just a matter of 24 hours. In order to handle the growth in an appropriate manner, a lot money needs to be invested in their platform, security, server capacity, staff, etc. Things aren't as easy as they may look....

Yeah you're right I will cut them some slack.

veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 06:46:41 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 04:01:27 PM by veleten

Coinbase has the worst support in the business,period
they have the most atrocious rules regarding bitcoin usage,their TOS says you can't send or recieve bitcoins to/from gambling sites
they reserve the right to block your account and steal your funds
Coinbase doing this with pleasure and very often-you can find people complaining about them,just google coinbase+account blocked

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 08:32:40 PM

Coinbase has the worst support in the business,period
they have the most atrocious rules regarding bitcoin usage,their TOS says you can't send or recieve bitcoins to/from gambling sites
they reserve the right to block your acount and steal your funds
Coinbase doing this with pleasure and very often-you can find people complaining about them,just google coinbase+account blocked

sounds exactly like paypal... so probably worth $1B...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: