Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:09:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding custom ERC20 Tokens to myetherwallet, anyone knowledgeable?  (Read 2775 times)
elektra (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:38:14 AM

It is ridiculous how damn impossible it is to find a easy to access information on wallets and how to store coins in the bitcoin space. I can't imagine the extent to how it hurts the cryptocurrency going mainstream. It is even more clear how confused the space is when not a single person told me about ERC20 tokens when I made the dedicated thread about where to find good wallets and store coins other than Bitcoin, but I recently found out that one very good way to store coins with the security of the Trezor or the Ledger is to connect to myetheriumwallet and then use the ERC20 Tokens there to store. It supports many different coins like Wings,Gnosis,Augur etc etc and you are secure behind the Trezor or Ledger security so I would think that this is the most secure way to store these coins than the dedicated desktop or browser wallets for them?

There is a list of all current tokens that is in the default list here: https://github.com/bokkypoobah/TokenTrader/wiki/Supported-ERC20-Tokens#what-is-required-for-a-token-to-be-erc20-compliant

There is also a button to add custom tokens.
To create a custom token you just need to provide the adress and decimals and then name the token. Does this mean you could add most tokens this way to store them without having to find a specific wallet for each one? For example this is the Monaco page on my Etherscan: https://etherscan.io/token/0xb04cfa8a26d602fb50232cee0daf29060264e04b

Can I just add the adress of Monaco as a custom token and then store Monaco in this way? And if so what should I put in the decimal field?

Anyone knowledgeable in this space who know?

elektra (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:46:34 PM

Found it; https://myetherwallet.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/how-to-see-a-new-token-in-myetherwallet?from_search=true

You are welcome.
rednatic1m

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:24:04 PM

thx for this info been looking forever for this info to buy openANX ico coins lol Grin
udonmez

Activity: 686
Merit: 359

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:09:07 PM

very useful topic thank for informing us. I wonder how to store my ERC20 tokens. I dont wanna store them in exchanges.
tokensepton

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:32:24 PM

And it's gone.
Any other reliable source?
pinky

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:08:17 PM

It is ridiculous how damn impossible it is to find a easy to access information on wallets and how to store coins in the bitcoin space. I can't imagine the extent to how it hurts the cryptocurrency going mainstream. It is even more clear how confused the space is when not a single person told me about ERC20 tokens when I made the dedicated thread about where to find good wallets and store coins other than Bitcoin, but I recently found out that one very good way to store coins with the security of the Trezor or the Ledger is to connect to myetheriumwallet and then use the ERC20 Tokens there to store. It supports many different coins like Wings,Gnosis,Augur etc etc and you are secure behind the Trezor or Ledger security so I would think that this is the most secure way to store these coins than the dedicated desktop or browser wallets for them?

There is a list of all current tokens that is in the default list here: https://github.com/bokkypoobah/TokenTrader/wiki/Supported-ERC20-Tokens#what-is-required-for-a-token-to-be-erc20-compliant

To create a custom token you just need to provide the adress and decimals and then name the token. Does this mean you could add most tokens this way to store them without having to find a specific wallet for each one? For example this is the Monaco page on my Etherscan: https://etherscan.io/token/0xb04cfa8a26d602fb50232cee0daf29060264e04b

Can I just add the adress of Monaco as a custom token and then store Monaco in this way? And if so what should I put in the decimal field?

You are able to see your tokens after adding token contract address. First find contract address of Monaco later fill the blank space on myetherwallet and caheck your token balance.If you did everything correct then token will be visible on your account.

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
Honglee

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

Start my crypto for better world

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:20:37 AM

You are able to see your tokens after adding token contract address. First find contract address of Monaco later fill the blank space on myetherwallet and caheck your token balance.If you did everything correct then token will be visible on your account.

But added custom token keep disappeared, the balance is still there, only every time login i gonna re-add again the contract the symbol and decimal, anything can help or how to do, please help, thanks, regards

"TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr"
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:09:58 AM

Even if you dont have the developers contact, just click on the received tokens, it will show the contract address and decimals, use them and you will see the name of the token too. So it is very simple to add a custom token.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█