Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:04:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resources for learning  (Read 312 times)
techmine (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:55:41 AM

Hello everyone!
I'm yet another newbie coming to ask questions on cryptocurrency mining (or, actually, some more general questions).

I'm in the process of trying to mine ethereum + decred on the hardware I already have, so I find myself experimenting a bit, trying new miners, new pools, wallets, etc. and I'm trying to read this forum and other sources as much as I can.

What I'd like to ask, is for some comprehensive guides / resources on how to effectively use the tools needed for this task, as in how to use command line miners, or gui miners, how to adequately protect / store / organise passwords, accounts (for pools and/or wallets), passphrases and everything else.

I understand there are tons of "good practice" behaviours when it comes to security, so this might be a big question, but if there was some resources out there and it was possible to put them together, it would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:25:32 PM

Hello everyone!
I'm yet another newbie coming to ask questions on cryptocurrency mining (or, actually, some more general questions).

I'm in the process of trying to mine ethereum + decred on the hardware I already have, so I find myself experimenting a bit, trying new miners, new pools, wallets, etc. and I'm trying to read this forum and other sources as much as I can.

What I'd like to ask, is for some comprehensive guides / resources on how to effectively use the tools needed for this task, as in how to use command line miners, or gui miners, how to adequately protect / store / organise passwords, accounts (for pools and/or wallets), passphrases and everything else.

I understand there are tons of "good practice" behaviours when it comes to security, so this might be a big question, but if there was some resources out there and it was possible to put them together, it would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

from my experience in mining / learn about bitcoin and alt coins... the only way it's to Google a lots....
querying forum...
follow the people who have had, your currently problem before, and he was able to fix it

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
techmine (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:06:32 AM

Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance.

from my experience in mining / learn about bitcoin and alt coins... the only way it's to Google a lots....
querying forum...
follow the people who have had, your currently problem before, and he was able to fix it

Thanks a lot, at the moment it's what I'm doing, but it's not always possible.
For instance, I'd like to learn how to use command line miners in a more general way (as opposed to any kind of "specific" guide like: "download this, configure that, you're set!"), but also tools as scripts to automate operations and such.
And still, it would be nice to know what other people do to manage their work, their accounts etc.

P.S. I'm italian too, but I didn't want this to became just a 2 ppl conversation Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: