Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:46:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What could cause price of bitcoin to crash??  (Read 2108 times)
roastedparsnip

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:04:32 PM

I don't worry about N.Korea or other WW3 scenarios because if things really get that bad then our BTC holdings will be the least of our worries.

I would be more worried about Govts. (especially bankrupt Western govts.) running scare-stories about BTC. Linking BTC to drugs etc. hasn't done too much damage so far but I think linking it to terrorism could have more of an impact.

Most people are very poorly-informed and wouldn't have the capacity to realise that ISIS are already using all types of fiat without people boycotting those currencies.

But the petro-dollar scam will fall apart one day in the near future and at that point I would hope that will push more people into BTC to save what little purchasing power they still have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gtglener

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:09:04 PM

So in past bubbles it was:
1. collapse of biggest exchange Mt GoX.
2. "Bans of bitcoin in China"
3. ...

What could happen now to cause price crash? I mean, exchanges are so mature now and there are a lot of them, that failure of one exchange wouldn't cause big price drop.
What do you think can cause price of bitcoin to crash?

In that times only the traders were there having their money in bitcoin but now the merchants are here and they are having their permanent businesses in bitcoin so now the price of bitcoin will not crash down and if anything will happen then it will drop a little for a while and will then recover.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:42:54 PM

3. ...

What could happen now to cause price crash? I mean, exchanges are so mature now and there are a lot of them, that failure of one exchange wouldn't cause big price drop.

LOL. I do not think that the ban of Bitcoin in China caused a lot troubles to us. As what I witnessed, the hard fork rumor aka bitcoin unlimited made the prices worst than ever. Well, do not follow the news because you can not know whether it is fake or not. Believe in yourself and make a right decision
Until and unless you know the news is 100% true don't take any wrong decision because it is a big loss for you. There are many people spread the many fake news in the market doesn't care for that. Just put one eye on bitcoin and do your work if it crash means it will never fall to hell in a single day right you will get a chance to take some action in that movement. So let's wait for some time will see what happen.   
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:42:12 PM

3. ...

In that times only the traders were there having their money in bitcoin but now the merchants are here and they are having their permanent businesses in bitcoin so now the price of bitcoin will not crash down and if anything will happen then it will drop a little for a while and will then recover.
i am sure that merchants will also invest their money in bitcoin, but i am sure that it will take a lot of time. because still we are expecting a lot of increase in the price of bitcoin. because the demand of bitcoin is increasing from time to time. which is also causing the price to increase more and more.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:44:43 PM

If there's no demand for bitcoin or internet is being shut down because of major disaster may affect on bitcoin value exponentially if the accident happen for long period of time.
But still bitcoin is unique currency/investation, there will be unique way to crash but not for now  Grin

Smiley
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:06:49 PM

If there's no demand for bitcoin or internet is being shut down because of major disaster may affect on bitcoin value exponentially if the accident happen for long period of time.
But still bitcoin is unique currency/investation, there will be unique way to crash but not for now  Grin
You don't realize how the Internet works. It can't be shut down globally, even with an event like an EMP from the sun. Only some part of the planet can be exposed to events from space, like a meteorite storm or EMP, so it's possible to disconnect a country, even a continent, but impossible to disconnect the whole planet.
Maybe a comet hit could do it, but that would probably disrupt Earth's orbit and kill us all.

DayVid_GI_DEV

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:58:58 AM

I don't worry about N.Korea or other WW3 scenarios because if things really get that bad then our BTC holdings will be the least of our worries.

I would be more worried about Govts. (especially bankrupt Western govts.) running scare-stories about BTC. Linking BTC to drugs etc. hasn't done too much damage so far but I think linking it to terrorism could have more of an impact.

Most people are very poorly-informed and wouldn't have the capacity to realise that ISIS are already using all types of fiat without people boycotting those currencies.

But the petro-dollar scam will fall apart one day in the near future and at that point I would hope that will push more people into BTC to save what little purchasing power they still have.
Yes, mainstream media has a nack for scare tactics and making most people believe something is bad or "evil". One of the ways we are controlled by government is through monetary policies. Bitcoin would eliminate that and the media could easily make it seem like something to be feared.However, you can't just shut down the internet.
The tides are changing rapidly as more people are becoming hip to the scene and I think we'll see some government action in the not so distant future.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:14:13 AM

3. ...

A serious price correction after the Japan craze dies down as a result of profit taking. This is indeed a bubble, if the price goes really South, like China, Japan may issue financial guidance to its citizens, or enact regulations. That will solidify the bear market for a while, we would see a serious regression, then new highs.
ladydark

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:41:42 AM

3. ...

If a collapse occurs for a big exchange like poloniex as it occured early in Mt.Gox,then definitely bitcoin price would crash.But we could hope that such incidents would not happen another time.

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:49:18 AM

There are several reasons that could make the price of bitcoin crashes and among such reasons will include in my opinion,

1. If someone so knowledgeable identifies a bug in bitcoin and all the things we have come to believe about bitcoin was proven beyond reasonable doubt to be a myth of a false believe then I see the price coming crashing.

2. Another reason is if a all the banks decide not to aid bitcoin, then it makes it worthless since it will no longer be able to convert to fiat and vice versa. New entrants will find it difficult to lay their hands on one while those owning cannot convert to fiat considering the fact that a not all major stores accept bitcoin.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:51:20 AM

BIP 148 if it fails and lead to chain split. This probably split the price of bitcoin too. I am not an expert but this is my speculation if ever there will be a split in chain. Hopefully everything goes well and there will be a solution for scaling without having the effects like chain split.

Im positive it will be this. Nothing like the old chain split to immensely make the price bubble pop. Wink

I think BTC will recover but its risking itself from holding on to being no.1. Ironically another split chain, ETH, might be the one replacing it at the pinnacle of crypto.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:05:35 PM

3. ...

Yeah the exchange issues are almost resolved and a single exchange cannot be that much effective on the price of the bitcoin to crash, also I don’t think that the ban in china can cause a huge effect to the price of the bitcoin to crash. Thought China is a strong emerging economy but still the Bitcoin is being used in many other countries of the world as well.
I think an international Ban from the developed countries if pass a resolution against the use of the Bitcoin will crash it; otherwise nothing like such is going to happen.
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:08:22 PM

yes that is right and i do not that there can be such a big disaster which can bring internet down. and such situation every happen then it will not only effect internet but will certainly bring so much other big changes in the surface of the word. in such condition even USD will become useless, but it is a fact that bitcoin is unique and hopefully that it will survive in any condition.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:18:14 PM

Some accident that could cause price of bitcoin to crash :
1. Block split, but both chains/coins have big support from community (about 50/50).
2. Big bitcoin exchange/services hacked and the coins are stolen.
3. A country with many bitcoin holder/investor suddenly ban bitcoin.
Yeah I agree that people will go for the stable assets to save their money but before I guess people will try their level best to buy tangible assets because I am not sure in a war situation we can think of the internet will work properly. I think in a world war situation people will run for their lives to be saved and will prefer the hard solid assets which they could carry with them of where they can bury it at a safe place.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:03:58 PM

1. The coming of the Judgement Day, the Apocalypse?

2. If the issues within bitcoin was not resolved, the continuous increase in transaction fees, the long waiting time for transaction confirmation. If these continues, Bitcoin will be the one who will destroy itself. Some might get sick of bitcoin and just get out of the board. So the demand will decrease and the price will crash.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:16:20 AM

yes that is right and i do not that there can be such a big disaster which can bring internet down. and such situation every happen then it will not only effect internet but will certainly bring so much other big changes in the surface of the word. in such condition even USD will become useless, but it is a fact that bitcoin is unique and hopefully that it will survive in any condition.
Yeah because the internet is the main communication medium for most of the institutions, individuals and forums. The use of the internet is too much now a days that one cannot consider to live a proper life without the use of the internet. Almost all the banks are linked and their systems works on the internet. You cannot deposit or withdraw money in a bank account until it is connected with the internet. This will really be great damage for the people living on the earth.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:35:09 AM

In the near future there is no solid reason is found for a crash of the bitcoin network. Everytime the crashing in price happens in a short in an unexpected time period. Likewise from the starting it has crossed several such crashes. So the users doesn't need to be panic, because it will never let the users down. It'll​ be coming back to the growth rally soon.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:42:26 AM

In the near future there is no solid reason is found for a crash of the bitcoin network. Everytime the crashing in price happens in a short in an unexpected time period. Likewise from the starting it has crossed several such crashes. So the users doesn't need to be panic, because it will never let the users down. It'll​ be coming back to the growth rally soon.

I'd guess a chain split could cause a dramatic price drop. And if these two chains should continue existing side by side, Bitcoin's main feature, working as a store of value, will be mostly destroyed. So this is something which could harm Bitcoin on long term.
However imo a forced split by miners in august is very likely. Mostly empty words. This all is kind of a power grab and who has more control over the further development long term. Miners need to know where their limits are!!
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:38:37 PM

BIP 148 if it fails and lead to chain split. This probably split the price of bitcoin too. I am not an expert but this is my speculation if ever there will be a split in chain. Hopefully everything goes well and there will be a solution for scaling without having the effects like chain split.

Im positive it will be this. Nothing like the old chain split to immensely make the price bubble pop. Wink

I think BTC will recover but its risking itself from holding on to being no.1. Ironically another split chain, ETH, might be the one replacing it at the pinnacle of crypto.
Yes, as we can see with the increase in the price of the bitcoin the movement of the Bitcoin became too slow as everyone is trying to hold it and earn a huge profit from it as much as they can, but it is a serious threat to the bitcoin to stay on top regarding the number one currency favourite for payments or money sending transactions.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:39:22 PM

3. ...

A serious price correction after the Japan craze dies down as a result of profit taking. This is indeed a bubble, if the price goes really South, like China, Japan may issue financial guidance to its citizens, or enact regulations. That will solidify the bear market for a while, we would see a serious regression, then new highs.

But I am seeing great promise towards japan even if it end up getting the same faith as china, I have a great faith towards that country, because of the innovative things invented, and progress by that country, but yes we can really not see the future that awaits but I really doubt it can happen to japan anytime soon, and because right now we are seeing great movement towards bitcoin there are a lot market support right now, but regarding the price drop I may have think of the dumping of random fellow, of a big group selling their bitcoin will be the most significant cause of a sudden drop.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: