Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:03:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does it always slow down?  (Read 551 times)
BitshireHashaway (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 03:04:18 PM

Hello guys,
I've been GPU mining using GPUMiner for BTC, and then CPU mining LTC and I can always get it started up and running, however, it always gets a lot less shares done during the night when I go away, and seems to slow down a lot. Does anyone know what could be happening that causes this?
Kruncha

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:21:06 PM

Do you have any power saving features on your setup, that may cause something like that.

K.
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 03:44:11 PM

Do you have any power saving features on your setup, that may cause something like that.

K.

Well its a laptop, so I'm guessing it may. Do you have an suggestions on how to access them?
phyrexianslug

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 04:13:16 PM

I'm sorry to say,  but this will be about as much help as your post:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/9090/learning-windows-7-manage-power-settings/

What OS is installed?  need to know that to help in the slightest.

BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 04:29:22 PM

I'm sorry to say,  but this will be about as much help as your post:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/9090/learning-windows-7-manage-power-settings/

What OS is installed?  need to know that to help in the slightest.

Windows 7 64 Bit. I was looking a bit and I think the problem is that if the CPU/GPU get at a certain temperature, it decreases the amount of work in order to help them cool down. However, for BTC Guild, it shows it as running but I'm not getting an shares. My mh/s is slow, but I should still be getting some shares.
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:34:34 PM

Windows 7 64 Bit. I was looking a bit and I think the problem is that if the CPU/GPU get at a certain temperature, it decreases the amount of work in order to help them cool down. However, for BTC Guild, it shows it as running but I'm not getting an shares. My mh/s is slow, but I should still be getting some shares.

If you are going to take a crack at mining you really should get and learn to use cgminer.
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 04:38:43 PM

If you are going to take a crack at mining you really should get and learn to use cgminer.

I'm using pooler's CPU miner and it works well. I was looking at cgminer and am considering using it however it seems more complicated and I am not too knowledgeable about things like this. Maybe if I have an hour or two later on I'll get it but for now at least pooler's CPU miner is doing its job while GPU miner isn't:(.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: