Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:59:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackcoin - A dark horse?  (Read 1569 times)
Bowtiesarecool (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 04:17:56 PM

Lately, blackcoin has started to gain some momentum, growing organically and reestablishing its presence in the public consciousness. With the current pumps and dumps in the alt-sphere, do you guys see any future for this coin?
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
polaricanpride

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:27:43 PM

Definitely due for a pump. I remember the first time around that it pumped in 2014. Sold all of it the night before it happened. lol
Bowtiesarecool (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:03:39 PM

Hate to be in you when you woke up the next morning Shocked
jamesqy

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:21:13 PM

Totally agree. With the recent release of Blackcoin Lore, I think it's a very good sign for return of the king. I believe Blackcoin will break $1 in 2017.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:55:18 AM

sorry guys no pump on blk until after $1  Wink

right now, this is natural growth, caused by hard work and commitment...while its growing , it will get pumps inbetween as people fomo when it shoots up,
reason it will spike up alot now...lots of people want in and there isnt enough BLK for sale at these low prices
as the devs release more exciting updates, there is no way people will sell under $1 in the next few months
 Cool

ps ..top 20 by end of the yr @$5+ = 1BLK

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Waverider

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:20:02 AM

What are the advantages of this coin over other coins?
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:33:15 AM

It is about time to see some movement. Advantages? i can only tell about one disadvantage, very slow progress and development but this is the case because they are working without developer funds. I can't find reasons why this coins shodl stay on such low price level. Remember some coins jumped over 50x..BLK should be at least at 100k.

You can rent this space
Decentradical

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:32:25 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2017, 09:47:11 AM by Decentradical

Other coins leak value. Blackcoin does not.  

Blackcoin employs the purest form of Proof of Stake. That means the coin is fully owned by those who chose to use it. Anyone with an online wallet contributes to the network and is compensated with a dividend. This can even be done on as much as a raspberry pi, which means this one of the few coins with negligible security and network costs.*

All of this combined means that Blackcoin is a closed system. The value it retains is the value it gets to spend. With other coins there's always a catch. You're either paying the premined founders, the miners, the developers through extra fees or the ICO merchants. Blackcoin has none of that. It's cleanly dispersed. Which is crucial for any PoS coin, yet very few PoS coins can prove that there's no such catch.  

Worse if you own a PoW coin. That means your holdings are continuously devalued by the miners contributing to the excessive inflation. Take Litecoin, I like the speed and the community, but 10% a year without any possibility to mitigate?

Yikes.  

You stake Blackcoin on your pc, you effectively nullified the already measly 0.97% inflation. But because not everyone stakes (like cold storage or on exchanges) that share of the inflation goes to YOU as well. You can actually net a 3-5% dividend on your blackcoins at no effort whatsoever.  

Not to mention that this coin scales like a motherfucker. Bitcoin ran into trouble because miners demanded higher fees, Ethereum ran into trouble because miners were too dumb to activate it's dynamic fee system.  

Blackcoin? No miners, no problems. The only people that have a say in how this coin is run are those that use the coin. There's no third party pushing an agenda, just users wanting the same thing for their coin.

*These are costs that holders of any other coins will constantly have to pay for.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:12:12 PM

Other coins leak value. Blackcoin does not.  

Blackcoin employs the purest form of Proof of Stake. That means the coin is fully owned by those who chose to use it. Anyone with an online wallet contributes to the network and is compensated with a dividend. This can even be done on as much as a raspberry pi, which means this one of the few coins with negligible security and network costs.*

All of this combined means that Blackcoin is a closed system. The value it retains is the value it gets to spend. With other coins there's always a catch. You're either being the premined founders, the miners, the developers through extra fees or the ICO merchants. Blackcoin has none of that. It's cleanly dispersed. Which is crucial for any PoS coin, yet very few PoS coins can prove that there's no such catch.  

Worse if you own a PoW coin. That means your holdings are continuously devalued by the miners contributing to the excessive inflation. Take Litecoin, I like the speed and the community, but 10% a year without any possibility to mitigate?

Yikes.  

You stake Blackcoin on your pc, you effectively nullified the already measly 0.97% inflation. But because not everyone stakes (like cold storage or on exchanges) that share of the inflation goes to YOU as well. You can actually net a 3-5% dividend on your blackcoins at no effort whatsoever.  

Not to mention that this coin scales like a motherfucker. Bitcoin ran into trouble because miners demanded higher fees, Ethereum ran into trouble because miners were too dumb to activate it's dynamic fee system.  

Blackcoin? No miners, no problems. The only people that have a say in how this coin is run are those that use the coin. There's no third party pushing an agenda, just users wanting the same thing for their

*These are costs that holders of any other coins will constantly have to pay for.
so true..and you have only touched the tip of what BLK can do...and what it has done as a contribution to the whole crypto market  Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
cybernetik7

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:54:07 AM

Hmmm ...

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:08:55 AM

I thought Blackcoin was dead after it flew a couple of years ago, apparently I was wrong, time to check out what's been happening.
jackychanxxx

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:25:47 PM

I thought Blackcoin was dead after it flew a couple of years ago, apparently I was wrong, time to check out what's been happening.

Blackcoin was never dead. Its development did not stop even in the hardest time of long bear market in 2015 to 2016.

Decentradical

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:36:17 PM

Price doesn't really affect Blackcoin's development because nothing is tied to the developers. Last month Blackcoin was made fully compatible with Bitcoin Core version 0.12.  that development all got carried out during the a very bearish time.

Right now Blackcoin is the only Proof of Stake coin that has the functionality of Bitcoin Core 0.12

Though right now there's a community discussion about implementing a voluntary(!) part of wallet's stake to personally(!) selected development wallets to create some form of automated funding. That way the real BLK enthusiasts can support the coin however they like.
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:39:32 PM

Black coin is racist

joking but I always thought they needed to change the name because of this.
Qfox

Activity: 151
Merit: 12

等価交換

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:11:28 PM

Totally agree. With the recent release of Blackcoin Lore, I think it's a very good sign for return of the king. I believe Blackcoin will break $1 in 2017.

I think hard to over $1,cuz blackcoin don't have any iOS wallet yet!

Decentradical

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:29:51 PM

The PayBLK iOS version is finished, but apparently Apple is a real bitch about approving cryptocurrency related apps on their store.    

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/5kcprw/announcing_payblk_now_live_on_google_play/dbsqujo/  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: