Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:02:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is normal to request for verification etc  (Read 331 times)
daath (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:28:02 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 10:54:43 AM by daath

I read a little about Cryptonit.net and signed up. It seemed interesting because they offer deposits and withdrawals through PayPal.

So I verified myself with driver's license and credit card. Then came a support request to disclose a lot of information that I wasn't comfortable with. I disclosed what I thought was reasonable and made my views known to them, and they replied promptly by verifying me and allowing PayPal deposits, despite me not complying with all their requests. They've since asked me to revise this post, as not to reveal some of their "internal procedures". So as a thank you to them for approving me, I have removed the copy/paste of their support request.

What do you guys think? From what I've read about Cryptonit.net it's legit, but these requests seem like waaay too much info they don't need. Maybe all the other people's experiences that I've read about didn't include paypal deposits?

I thank you for your thoughts on this Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:37:08 PM

That was too much especially the Paypal history area.

Im not familiar with Cryptonit but I think that is just applied if you choose Paypal method for transactions. Other methods are fine and less hassle. Since Paypal is reversible, they should at least know some of your Paypal info. Maybe just try to submit the screenshot of your Profile Page and a summary of why you need to buy bitcoins with Payal. Don't just answer because you preferred it. Say something like you have $$$ reserve and you are having a difficulty to buy bitcoins using your Paypal or up to you to make a story. After submitting and still they want the first listed that you must to submit then I suggest to think again if you still want to use their service.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:57:31 PM

You could just move the last topic instead of locking it mate, I wonder if you couldn't see the move option right next to lock this topic?

Anyways don't be surprised if they next asked you of your blood type and about your sex life as well, are they c#i@a trying to identify every

Individual to cross reference every time they needed to check some one up? I'd say go for Cex.io they don't have all these hassles.

You could try Kraken as well. however what they want from you is to make sure you are who you say you are nothing wrong with that

So it's up to you whether or not providing such information is fine with you.
daath (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:09:02 PM

Thanks for your answers!

I didn't see any option to move topics- there was only watch topic, lock topic and some other irrelevant options... Maybe because I am a new user?

As for their verification, it does seem way over the top for me!

I don't mind verification. With Kraken I already applied for tier 1 and tier 2 verification on Kraken last week, but it looks like I'm gonna have to wait a month for that to clear. Crazy long wait times!

I do have a coinbase account that works though - Also had to verify there with driver's license etc. I don't mind that.

To me, Cryptonit.net was interesting because I could deposit with PayPal - I know no other sites that does this, apart from VirWox which is too expensive ;P
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:13:01 PM

That was too much especially the Paypal history area.

Im not familiar with Cryptonit but I think that is just applied if you choose Paypal method for transactions. Other methods are fine and less hassle. Since Paypal is reversible, they should at least know some of your Paypal info. Maybe just try to submit the screenshot of your Profile Page and a summary of why you need to buy bitcoins with Payal. Don't just answer because you preferred it. Say something like you have $$$ reserve and you are having a difficulty to buy bitcoins using your Paypal or up to you to make a story. After submitting and still they want the first listed that you must to submit then I suggest to think again if you still want to use their service.

Same here never heard about cryptonit the only thing that i think why they are asking for your real info and documents .its because paypal payment method just like other said reversible.. if they know your information anything they can use it to caught you if you reverse it.
And i think anytime can someone can make a fake paypal account with fake info.. this one of the reason i think why they are asking for more information about you..
Edward_Cryptonit

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 10:38:34 AM

Thank you for replies.

Cryptonit.net has been providing bitcoin buying services since 2012. It is up to the client if he/she is willing to disclose any additional data in order to use extended functionality of our platform.

Should you have any questions, feel free to let us know.

Regards.

Cryptonit.net - reliable cryptocurrency exchange.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: