Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:34:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there people here from 2013 who are not millionaires now?  (Read 7284 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:24:08 AM

I started dumping hard in late 2013 / early 2014.
Since then i'd be lucky if i had / have $100 in coins.
I could use that to trade but what ? ICO scam coins ?
No thanks.

When the crypto scene changed from flaming the ICO concept to actually defending them i quit.

I was here to be a part of things and that was not the destruction of crypto for whales scraps.

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clarkgeneral86

Activity: 1043
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:36:37 AM

I am a very happy man today. I still live basically the same life I did before, attend the same university, drive the same car.  Grin
Mia Wallace

Activity: 361
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:28:01 AM

Same here! Bitcoin always has been and always will be great. I sold at the unbelievable high price of BTC20 that was unsustainable per the chatter. It allowed me to pay medical bills and even shot BTC10 over to theymos that I think was used to patch the board software. No regrets. Welcome back to both of us btcboston. Grin
Looks like you were in some sort of comma as you just woke up from a long break and started out all over again here in the forum. Tongue Proud to see a donator status on a newbie account,hope you feel happy for what you did back then since it is really hard for anyone to donate $10k for charity just like that,millions are not made just like that,if you have the patience to hold for a longer time then there is a possibility and majority users usually wont hold for a long time.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1203

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 07:39:39 AM

I joined bitcointalk in December 29, 2013 but not yet a millionaire maybe because of inactivity and concentrate in faucets and give away which I just dump when those coins hit the market,which so many coins I dumped in my early days I don't know what coins are those that could have made me profit,yes greed is your big enemy here and patient is a virtue.

█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
████████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀████
██████████████▀▀░░░░████
██████████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░█████
████▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░█▀░░░░░░░██████
████████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐██████
█████████░▄███▄░░███████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██
███████████████████████
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄█████
██████████████▄██████████
████████████████▄████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
jorenpo

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:20:23 PM

i created an account on blockchain in early 2013 and guess what im not even hold a thousand dollars until now
physicist
Donator

Activity: 55
Merit: 3

the internet never sleeps

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:30:50 PM

Same here! Bitcoin always has been and always will be great. I sold at the unbelievable high price of BTC20 that was unsustainable per the chatter. It allowed me to pay medical bills and even shot BTC10 over to theymos that I think was used to patch the board software. No regrets. Welcome back to both of us btcboston. Grin
Looks like you were in some sort of comma as you just woke up from a long break and started out all over again here in the forum. Tongue Proud to see a donator status on a newbie account,hope you feel happy for what you did back then since it is really hard for anyone to donate $10k for charity just like that,millions are not made just like that,if you have the patience to hold for a longer time then there is a possibility and majority users usually wont hold for a long time.

Oh, don't get the wrong impression. It has always been denominated in BTC. I am 80/135 on the list and think BTC was in the low 20s at the time. Soooo the majority on the list were just early adopters chipping in a bit to keep the board running. Theymos deserves huge props for years of unpaid efforts.

signature campaigns annoy me.
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:34:47 PM

Who is here from 2013 who is not a USD millionaire at least on paper?

I bet noone here from 2011 is not a millionaire.

If so what were your big mistakes that prevented this from being the case?

** edit

don't take from this post that I myself claim to have attained that millionaire status .... but then my early trading was an example of how not to trade. Im guessing the majority has done far better.

let us not let this thread turn into a sour grapes situation....but it is nice to know many average everyday people have now made life changing amounts of fiat due to crypto. I feel millionaire status is within grasp of so many that are here even recently.

let them enjoy their success and inspire us all..
If they made it by buying fairly on the market or mining fairly then it is great to know that so many have done so well.

It will be hard to see someone who has a stack of bitcoin in 2011 and still have same till today. Only a few can hold their faith that high without losing it and that's why its going to be hard getting someone who haven't either sold everything he got then orarge percentage of whatever he might have gotten then. When we compare the price as at then and now, we just jump into the conclusion that owners then would have been super rich without considering the fact that several challenges have happened along the way to get to the point where we are and only a strong heart will still hold not knowing what will happen later.
jamesbr0wn

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:14:50 PM

Not even close. I made a few thousand in crypto, but that's it. I got into it 2013, and I was either underemployed or unemployed from then until last year. I never had much to invest. I bought into Ethereum at the initial offering, but I only had $20 to spare. So I bought 60eth for $20. I also considered mining Bitcoin, or buying Bitcoin when it was $5/coin, but I just didn't have the funds for mining gear or to make a substantial investment.

I'm sure if I had had real money to invest back then, I could have done a lot better. 
Deprecate

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:31:28 PM

I am from late 2013 and about 40k USD in debt!   Grin
jacobthecoiner

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:19:41 PM

Count me in Sad I've made some money from cryptos this year but still far away from becoming a millionaire.

Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:34:23 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 01:18:17 PM by Boxxl

You can be a millionaire if you hold it for long. VERY LONG.
CAN YOU SLEEP IF YOU HAVE $100.000 in bitcoins?

If you have $10.000 on your BTC wallet, many people withdrawal their money.. Don't you?

1 year later you have $200.000 in your BTC wallet?
- still not a millionaire but do you hold your wallet or withdrawal?

You don't know the value tomorrow..
maybe 2 months laters you have just $50.000 or one million. So you can lose $150.000.. You don't know!
many people withdrawal their money before being a millionaire.

No Signature right now...
silvermetal

Activity: 487

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 08:37:11 AM

Jeez I could have been a millionaire if I didn't waste my time and was so focussed on your favorite coin (Quark) in 2013/2014. Thanks cryptohunter for letting me know!  Roll Eyes.
testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:39:45 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 09:50:39 AM by testerx

Uhh...I've been here since 2011 and I can pretty solidly say that I am not a millionaire.  I'm not destitute since I have a pretty good job outside of this, but I'm not a millionaire and that's despite having a pretty good income from my regular job. I told myself I'd buy more bitcoin when I got a high paying job but when it actually happened the price of bitcoin was tanking (down to about $200) and I got too scared to actually go through with my plan to buy $3000 of bitcoin a month.

The rest is just a combination of having actually spent almost all of my bitcoin when it was worth about $8-100, and having invested bitcoins in mining hardware instead of just holding onto the coins-by the time I got the mining hardware it was impossible to mine back the coins spent.

I was also a very broke med student in the early days so I had no money to invest anything and basically could only buy new hardware by selling the coins off.

But that said I recently finally bought the second crypto I've ever purchased, which was a little bit of Qtum during the ICO and at least on paper it's had a pretty great run.  We'll see what it's worth in a year or two, probably all dependent on if this altcoin bubble pops or not.  

But man oh man, so many threads I've been in on here where I came SO, SO close to buying in.  The original NXT thread I got scared off by all the posters saying it was a scam.  Ethereum I got busy during medical residency and forgot about the ICO until it was over then I didn't feel like paying 50 cents each lol.  NEM I read the thread too early when it was still an NXT clone and didn't end up finding out about the new structure until recently.  Many times I've failed at becoming a millionaire.

But I can't complain too much, I've made a lot more than I would have if I had never invested in Bitcoin, and I did cover my medical school loans in the end with how much it's gone up. =)  And who knows, if this crazy market keeps up maybe in a year I'll be a millionaire hahaha.
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:14:28 AM

Uhh...I've been here since 2011 and I can pretty solidly say that I am not a millionaire.  I'm not destitute since I have a pretty good job outside of this, but I'm not a millionaire and that's despite having a pretty good income from my regular job. I told myself I'd buy more bitcoin when I got a high paying job but when it actually happened the price of bitcoin was tanking (down to about $200) and I got too scared to actually go through with my plan to buy $3000 of bitcoin a month.

The rest is just a combination of having actually spent almost all of my bitcoin when it was worth about $8-100, and having invested bitcoins in mining hardware instead of just holding onto the coins-by the time I got the mining hardware it was impossible to mine back the coins spent.

I was also a very broke med student in the early days so I had no money to invest anything and basically could only buy new hardware by selling the coins off.

But that said I recently finally bought the second crypto I've ever purchased, which was a little bit of Qtum during the ICO and at least on paper it's had a pretty great run.  We'll see what it's worth in a year or two, probably all dependent on if this altcoin bubble pops or not.  

But man oh man, so many threads I've been in on here where I came SO, SO close to buying in.  The original NXT thread I got scared off by all the posters saying it was a scam.  Ethereum I got busy during medical residency and forgot about the ICO until it was over then I didn't feel like paying 50 cents each lol.  NEM I read the thread too early when it was still an NXT clone and didn't end up finding out about the new structure until recently.  Many times I've failed at becoming a millionaire.

But I can't complain too much, I've made a lot more than I would have if I had never invested in Bitcoin, and I did cover my medical school loans in the end with how much it's gone up. =)  And who knows, if this crazy market keeps up maybe in a year I'll be a millionaire hahaha.

Your case sums it up pretty much. I've been around bitcoin since the incredible pump in 2013 but in my opinion this scene is full of 'could've, would've and should've. There are so many cases where I though damn that's an interesting project but then one way or the other you fail to sit out the ride.

Bought in to NEM but took a sabbatical after bitcoin tanked in value during the same period and thus missed the chance to claim my stake. Saw the ether announcement and was really excited but missed that one as well due to the same break.

I think the majority of people that actually became rich are those that bought in to something (bitcoin or alts, doesn't matter) and just forgot about it for a year only to come back and see they're suddenly worth 500k. Then there's a group of people that became rich by chain-releasing new coins off.

Anyway, not complaining, made a fair share of money and it's still an exciting ride.

ppc.pt

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:54:51 AM

I think most people here are just bitcoiners, and the rest are scalpers and daytraders. At this moment you can only be a millionaire if you just hold good altcoins projects, there is no other way
SimmonenY

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:11:55 AM

If there are those millionaires, they are sitting on their own island drinking cocktails and not here to answer.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:24:59 AM

I think most people here are just bitcoiners, and the rest are scalpers and daytraders. At this moment you can only be a millionaire if you just hold good altcoins projects, there is no other way

Holding is definately the strategy to go for..

Hodling makes millions, trading makes thousands.

Which is the one you pick? Tongue
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 03:40:02 PM

I think there are lots of people who got into crypto currency at 2013 that are still not a millionaires,
Why because they needed the cash so they would convert their coin and also we all know that back then we don't even think that bitcoin would be this high.
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:11:25 AM

The common denominator in many of these stories is that we need to buy and hold if possible to do so. I met someone a few weeks back that purchased 6,000 shares of ETH at 30 cents so he invested about $1800. Unfortunately he needed to sell the shares when ETH was around $10 early in 2017 to raise the funds to purchase a condo. If he had still been holding these shares they would be worth about $1.5M at current prices, which is clearly life changing capital. That was a painful sale and will not be forgotten what could have been if he had only held on! It isn't always possible due to layoffs, illness, paying for weddings. Life just has habit of throwing expenses at you.

I am trying my best not to sell 20 bagger positions like which Verge comes to mind in case they continue to run, but the temptation is very strong to sell with any huge gain since those 10 to 20 baggers are so rare with stock market investing.

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:55:21 AM

You can be a millionaire if you hold it for long. VERY LONG.
CAN YOU SLEEP IF YOU HAVE $100.000 in bitcoins?

If you have $10.000 on your BTC wallet, many people withdrawal their money.. Don't you?

1 year later you have $200.000 in your BTC wallet?
- still not a millionaire but do you hold your wallet or withdrawal?

You don't know the value tomorrow..
maybe 2 months laters you have just $50.000 or one million. So you can lose $150.000.. You don't know!
many people withdrawal their money before being a millionaire.

ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have grown soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking tired of explaining basic math to idiots in crypto.

ooooooooooover & ooooooooooooooover & ooooooooooooooooooooooooover

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeear after yeaeeeeeeer

Guess what Investards ?

TIME IS MONEY

For the love of fucking all that is fucking holy let me get this through your thick ass fucking skulls once & for all.

YOU.
Are.
ALL.
Stupid.

I am the *ONLY* smart one here ..so listen the fuck up.

When you invest in something and you do not get a return ?
The more time passes the more of a loss you are incurring.

A simple way to look at it is you *could* have invested in something else during the waiting period and thus the lagging time consuming investment is actually incurring loss.

So sitting on a shitcoin for 4 years waiting is retarded faggotry when you could have simply sat on BTC and tripled your money for example.
Of course there is idiots who sat on Dash for 4 years then BINGO struck it rich.. but it was 100% pure dumb luck by accident.

You all should be very embarrassed because i am not educated and have no previous trading experience and am not very smart at all.
I am basically a school drop out with no money and you dipshit retard "INVESTORS" out there make me look like Albert fucking god damn Einstein with your unbelievably fucking EPIC stupidity.

..most of you are broke already you just don't know it yet.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: