Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:40:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there people here from 2013 who are not millionaires now?  (Read 7284 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:29:40 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2017, 10:58:15 PM by cryptohunter

Who is here from 2013 who is not a USD millionaire at least on paper?

I bet noone here from 2011 is not a millionaire.

If so what were your big mistakes that prevented this from being the case?

** edit

don't take from this post that I myself claim to have attained that millionaire status .... but then my early trading was an example of how not to trade. Im guessing the majority has done far better.

let us not let this thread turn into a sour grapes situation....but it is nice to know many average everyday people have now made life changing amounts of fiat due to crypto. I feel millionaire status is within grasp of so many that are here even recently.

let them enjoy their success and inspire us all..
If they made it by buying fairly on the market or mining fairly then it is great to know that so many have done so well.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:39:30 PM

are you a millionaire?

most people from back then are not millionaires. most people panic. others gets bills. most didn't have much to start with. others were too stupid or sensible to throw it all in on alts. even if they are millionaires from alts, it's paper profit until they cash in.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:39:41 PM

Is this your way of subtle bragging? Of course there's lots of people from that time that aren't millionaires genius  Roll Eyes If you had $1000 USD and your coin went up 100x guess what, you're still not a millionaire.

Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:43:30 PM

50% are automatic losers by default. This accounts for majority of the non-millionaires. We certainly do not belong in this topic just wanted to give some personal insight. Buying and holding for 3.5 years was how we became millionaire status and our experience show most don't buy and HODL but instead play the gambling/p&d games. Those last crowd amount for roughly 50% of the losers. The last 50% fall into the "I am going to have a Lamborghini" aka the "get rich quick folks", these people are repeat losers that never learn how to invest and make wealth. Thanks for the topic!
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:56:50 PM

Looks like i am writing in a thread of a millionaire who spends his humble time in this forum. Tongue just to tease others to show his millions  Roll Eyes .You have to invest wisely and another thing is holding it for a much longer time,i did invest in ETH when it started and sold off when i was in profit,i never imagined that the price of ETH will be anywhere the price it is now.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5017

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:11:37 PM

I am a moron that allows real life to interfere and cash out always before a spike! How are you supposed to know the DAO is going to get bailed? The dark Markets are going to pick up a coin?

The millionaires are those that were well off enough to not have to cash out for periods of time when bills needed to be paid. Money begets money and it takes money to make money the poor are at as much of a disadvantage here as anywhere else. Although the scammers do seem to have it easier here and I'm sure most of them are rich.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
btcboston

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:18:36 PM

Been involved in bitcoin since 2011. Cashed in too soon. When it hit $20 I thought it was too good to be true and sold all of the several hundred I had mined to that point.

After that I didn't pay attention to bitcoin or altcoins for several years. Finally last year started getting interested again and bought some Dash at around $3/coin. Made the same mistake as before - sold when it hit $16.

Investing in several more coins this time and won't make the same mistake again - holding until I get at least enough to pay off my house and all other debts.

clearclear

Activity: 336

Run as fast as you can - or jump in a faster river

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 09:24:29 PM

I guess all the guys that traded marihuana for BTC and did not cash out - or only cashed out a bit are superrich. Read an article in 2011 or so about a Collective in the Netherlands that baught Marihuana legally  - sold it over the web for BTC and shipped it. And they where all committed to hold it for at least 5 years. Would be interesting to hear from them now  Smiley
clearclear

Activity: 336

Run as fast as you can - or jump in a faster river

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 09:27:16 PM

Been involved in bitcoin since 2011. Cashed in too soon. When it hit $20 I thought it was too good to be true and sold all of the several hundred I had mined to that point.

After that I didn't pay attention to bitcoin or altcoins for several years. Finally last year started getting interested again and bought some Dash at around $3/coin. Made the same mistake as before - sold when it hit $16.

Investing in several more coins this time and won't make the same mistake again - holding until I get at least enough to pay off my house and all other debts.

Oh you seem to have a good gut feeling for picking coins up at the right time - so what do you invest in now? Tongue
Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 09:34:01 PM

What are you even talking about bruh

In 2013, Bitcoin started at $15 and now it peeked at about $2700.

This means it became 2700/15 = 180x as high.

So you would've had to 1,000,000/180 = $5600 to be a millionaire right now... And you would've had to resist the panic seller feeling, and the peaksell at 2013 and you would've ofcourse needed the 5.6k... In 2013, I would've probably thought, with the increase of less than a cent to $15, the $15 price was just a peak and it would sink down again later on... You're stupid if you think everyone here from 2013 is not a millionaire...

2011 is a whole other story. Bought for $0.30, sell at $2700, it would be a 9000x increase, so you would've had to invest only $110

dennyd999

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:33:48 PM

What are you even talking about bruh

In 2013, Bitcoin started at $15 and now it peeked at about $2700.

This means it became 2700/15 = 180x as high.

So you would've had to 1,000,000/180 = $5600 to be a millionaire right now... And you would've had to resist the panic seller feeling, and the peaksell at 2013 and you would've ofcourse needed the 5.6k... In 2013, I would've probably thought, with the increase of less than a cent to $15, the $15 price was just a peak and it would sink down again later on... You're stupid if you think everyone here from 2013 is not a millionaire...

2011 is a whole other story. Bought for $0.30, sell at $2700, it would be a 9000x increase, so you would've had to invest only $110

You do not need  to buy Bitcoin in 2011. You needed to buy only video card to start mine it.

As a famous Wei Dai did. He just spend 170$ for ATI video card to get his six digits right now. He are still one from view who not panick sell adn etc.

Also he wrote a lot about how this could be possible in future and why he is the one who get millions from nothing

Here its really very intresting. He is the one who is millionaire now.

http://www.weidai.com/

Also Vitalic Buterin is an earlier adopter of Bitcoin.
I know he is genius boy and very talanted programer and Ethereum creator.

But even without Ethereum I think he still would be a millionaire now, because he really was 1 of the first who started to mine and adopte Bitcoins.

brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:00:30 PM

I started with no capital, worked up my accounts on cryptsy and mintpal and a little on poloniex. Cryptsy took me for 3 btc and a lot of other coins. I worked up to 15 or so btc but sold a lot too soon at $1200. Sold a lot of my alts right before the alt bubble because I wanted to get my money off the exchange. I made money but could have made a lot more. I couldn't get ethereum to work enough to gpu mine it so I didn't think it was going to be successful but I still made a little eth, us dollars and btc off it, maybe $1200 worth total, evenly split between them. sold 495000 dgb at 34 satoshi for a not quite break even trade just to get out of poloniex. I think by the time eth was just getting going I had alt coin overload because I was investing wrong. I switched to more in and out day trading and now more and more markets isn't such a bad thing.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:09:49 AM

I do not know if many members are millionaires even if they have been in bitcoin for that long, if you bought bitcoin for a dollar and then bitcoin raises to 20 dollars would you not be tempted to sell? Because I think that almost any person with blood in his veins will consider selling and get that many profits, only those that were real believers on bitcoin have hold for so long.
poppoob

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:19:12 AM

In 2013 I got 30,000 ripple and sold it for about $600 and some bitcoins on the ripple platform but I think my biggest mistake was just not investing in the coin like I really wanted to. I am disabled I still live from check to check even from back then. I was trying to figure out a way to stretch it which I did, but if I really had the assets I would have been able to invest when the coins were really cheap and I should have never sold them.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:51:42 AM

what I don't understand is why you posted this question in an altcoin board!

you do realize that bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency that has gone up big time in the long term, right?
and all the altcoins have been rising in the past few months only, and as a repetitive cycle kind of thing they do this every year where they are pumped to big percentages profit and then there is a slow agonizing death while they continuously go down the rest of the year.

Only Bitcoin
chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:14:59 AM

you do realize that bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency that has gone up big time in the long term, right?
and all the altcoins have been rising in the past few months only, and as a repetitive cycle kind of thing they do this every year where they are pumped to big percentages profit and then there is a slow agonizing death while they continuously go down the rest of the year.

you have charts on this?

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
physicist
Donator

Activity: 55
Merit: 3

the internet never sleeps

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:56:32 AM

Same here! Bitcoin always has been and always will be great. I sold at the unbelievable high price of BTC20 that was unsustainable per the chatter. It allowed me to pay medical bills and even shot BTC10 over to theymos that I think was used to patch the board software. No regrets. Welcome back to both of us btcboston. Grin

signature campaigns annoy me.
physicist
Donator

Activity: 55
Merit: 3

the internet never sleeps

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:16:41 AM

you have charts on this?
If not, maybe bg002 could get us an LTC chart?  Tongue

signature campaigns annoy me.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:22:56 AM

Who is here from 2013 who is not a USD millionaire at least on paper?

I bet noone here from 2011 is not a millionaire.

** edit

don't take from this post that I myself claim to have attained that millionaire status .... but then my early trading was an example of how not to trade. Im guessing the majority has done far better.

let us not let this thread turn into a sour grapes situation....but it is nice to know many average everyday people have now made life changing amounts of fiat due to crypto. I feel millionaire status is within grasp of so many that are here even recently.

let them enjoy their success and inspire us all..
If they made it by buying fairly on the market or mining fairly then it is great to know that so many have done so well.

crypto millionaire? then for sure there are some specially on earlier years not only on bitcoin but also on other cryptos and if theres one who would speak here then its a good thing to know his past experiences and perspective on cryptoworld. being a millionaire is once in a life time case which do most people do wish of to happen on their lives but we should not forget there are past mistakes of traders which is the reason that not make them as a millionaire.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
UMadorMyrin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:36:50 AM

crypto millionaire? then for sure there are some specially on earlier years not only on bitcoin but also on other cryptos and if theres one who would speak here then its a good thing to know his past experiences and perspective on cryptoworld. being a millionaire is once in a life time case which do most people do wish of to happen on their lives but we should not forget there are past mistakes of traders which is the reason that not make them as a millionaire.
[/quote]
Seems like the only mistake they make is selling too early

Holding indefinitely = millionaire?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: