Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:44:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam buyer Bitcoin on ebay?  (Read 714 times)
endaiin (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:10:33 AM

Is there so many scam Btc buyers on ebay? When our Btc transfered they claim their Ebay account was hacked... And then paypal will cancel the payment, because there is no seller protection while selling cryptocurrency on Ebay, only buyers protection!??! Angry
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:46:10 AM

Is there so many scam Btc buyers on ebay? When our Btc transfered they claim their Ebay account was hacked... And then paypal will cancel the payment, because there is no seller protection while selling cryptocurrency on Ebay, only buyers protection!??! Angry

PayPal and bitcoin are hard to trade. Those eBay sellers likely have little reputation or farmed it; if you're looking to sell bitcoin for PayPal then go to the Currency Exchange section on this forum and spend a few days figuring out what's what, reading the sticky threads, and learning what to avoid (hint: newbies/members with no reputation that is somewhat trustworthy that are offering their PayPal funds), and begin selling.

Nowadays there's a good bit of demand for bitcoin and I doubt you'll have much trouble finding trustworthy members to buy your bitcoin with PayPal.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:48:06 AM

It's a bad idea for you to sell on ebay even though it seem like you qualify for seller protection. A lot of times you don't because you are indeed selling crypto and that's something that paypal and ebay are actively against.

Andi t's not surprising that people are charging back at all. Honestly, an auction or buy it now doesn't give you any say on who you want to sell it to, whether it is a user with thousands of trades or just a throaway account.

If you really want Paypal just do it on coinbase. You won't make crazy premiums but at least the funds are legit.
endaiin (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:02:01 PM

I Folled two times. In 2014 while I Sell Dark coin and last month I sell Btc.

It's "Funny" double mistake...
Lionel

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:35:07 PM

AFAIK, Paypal offers buyer protection when you actually ship a physical item and the parcel can be tracked.

So if you send a paper wallet with parcel tracking, the buyer can not successfully do a chargeback, because Paypal and ebay know that your shipment is registered.

Also you can disable the possibility for the buyer to return back the item.

I hope it's not that Ebay/PP are against cryptocurrencies, they just can't protect the buyer when he's not selling a physical item, so this applies to all virtual items, even passwords, domains, accounts, etc.

Then solve the problem by just sending a paper wallet
Could it work ?
latosha

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:56:36 PM

AFAIK, Paypal offers buyer protection when you actually ship a physical item and the parcel can be tracked.

So if you send a paper wallet with parcel tracking, the buyer can not successfully do a chargeback, because Paypal and ebay know that your shipment is registered.

Also you can disable the possibility for the buyer to return back the item.

I hope it's not that Ebay/PP are against cryptocurrencies, they just can't protect the buyer when he's not selling a physical item, so this applies to all virtual items, even passwords, domains, accounts, etc.

Then solve the problem by just sending a paper wallet
Could it work ?
This is a good idea because sending a paper wallet will not be able to make dispute in PayPal
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:27:05 AM

Hi just my 2 cents as someone who stupidly tried to get into Bitcoin by picking up a quick purchase on eBay. Paypal will not give purchaser protection for Bitcoin. At least that's what they told me. Luckily I used my credit card and they were able to deal with it as a fraudulent sale. One step further I checked with Paypal before making the purchase to make sure I was covered and they said as long as it wasn't a gaming coin I would be fine, then they changed there tune in the resolution center, and just cancelled my appeal.
After learning from this experience I realized you won't find a steal of a deal buying bitcoin, but you will be able to sell it safely on a reputable exchange for a relatively small fee (especially when compared to losses to scammers).

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀