Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:57:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it too late to join 2017 rally ?  (Read 4732 times)
MaoChao
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1133

Get Some!

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:56:14 PM

Never too late but not forget about money management. Otherwise, market will crush you.

nasibakar

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:02:23 PM

No.
But you have to see this first:
1. Do research to find best coin to jump in;
2. trading or rally is high risk, be careful.
Natoliant

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:24:24 PM

No.
But you have to see this first:
1. Do research to find best coin to jump in;
2. trading or rally is high risk, be careful.

That is right. Only buy the coins with good potential.
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:39:02 PM

Some good potential altcoins were pumped up already. But still, many cheap but have good potential altcoins are just waiting for a pump. CRBIT(Creditbit), XRP(ripple), Digibyte(RGB), STR(stellar) and XEM(Namecoin). Those are my prospect altcoin this year. They have a good potential altcoin. It's not too late for you to jump in.
jason943

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:52:44 PM

no, I think it's just halftime now, or maybe just the 2nd quarter.

SimmonenY

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:54:25 PM

It's never too late but be careful and do your research first)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:06:53 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 04:20:18 PM by Mpamaegbu

The 2017 rally has really opened my eyes up to cryptocurrencies and the awesomeness it brings. I'm eagerly looking to get into the market, but with the huge price appreciations, I'm worried I'm to late and will get badly penalized if/when the market dips. What is your point of view, should I get in now or wait ?

Your doubt is reasonable. However, I think the price of Bitcoin will still rally up again. But don't buy when it does. All you have to do is to wait for correction or dip that's likely to happen and then you can trigger your purchase.

If you asked me, I would say Bitcoin is over rated. People should give the altcoins a chance to come up in value by de-emphasizing Bitcoin for a while. After all, Bitcoin transactions this day are frustrating with high fees and backlogs.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bicork

Activity: 334
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:46:04 PM

You know when it's gonna be too late? A year from now!  Wink And a year after that! It is always seems like this, but right now "Apple is still works in a garage"!
Sekhas

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:56:45 PM

Never to be late Just be careful
DoctorTussin

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:36:25 PM

I know lot of people who thought I was grazy when I did btc entry at 300$ lvl.
Maybe 2040 the market is kinda filled.

Just buy in time perioids and you dont have to worry about little details.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:37:07 PM

Nope, not at all, imagine at $250 we still had doubts,  and people thought it was too late. Even when the price adjusted downwards last weekend, folks doubted, and speculated it was the beginning of the end.I stick my head out and predict that btc will hit $5000 before years end, and ethereum $400. It will be best to spread the risk across different alts.
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:09:38 PM

I don't think its too late so long as you are disciplined about allocating capital, ideally you buy your target coins during selloffs. For long term holds I would consider BTC and LTC. Bitcoin is a must since many currencies trade versus bitcoin on most exchanges.

Some of the junior currencies where I don't believe they have reached their full valuation are ArtByte, ByteCent, Counterparty, LBRY Credit and Viacoin. This is a decent list to start research on whether you like the price, business model, developer roadmap, etc.

Occasionally one of the crypto whales on this forum makes a detailed post describing why they like a certain coin. I have found the advice very helpful when deciding on the position sizing for a new investment.

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
wdc4693

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:45:58 PM

Not too late, no.
Bubble? Yes, but just the beginning.

You can have a good time until end of 2018, beginning 2019, but that's just my estimation of when the potential bubble will burst extremely.

Most people talking about a bubble or the general doomsday sayers are veteran traders who don't realize that the time has changed. BTC and also Altcoins aren't geek-exclusive anymore. More people joined and are still joining. Soon Wallstreet boys will re-enter and after that the mainstream. Until the mainstream enters, we are going to have a wild ride.

Rule of thumb:
If your family asks you to buy a bitcoin for them and they are not tech-savy and not from Japan: gtfo!
sefo

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:46:40 PM

Rule of thumb:
If your family asks you to buy a bitcoin for them and they are not tech-savy and not from Japan: gtfo!
That would mean I have to gtfo  Shocked
dissident

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:23:52 PM

What I do now is invest top 101-200 coinmarketcap alts that aren't been pumped last month, so in that way there is less risk of "deflation" (or dump) and there is still the chance that it will be pumped too.

So my spot now is: BSD

Other one in the 101-200 range that is not at is ATH  is ZCL that is worth a try.

thanks for the tip.
wdc4693

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:26:49 PM

Rule of thumb:
That would mean I have to gtfo  Shocked

That's what I have meant! Smiley
cryptoneet

Activity: 127

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:44:03 PM

the rain train is about to leave the station.

http://condensate.co
dissident

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:33:31 AM

Bought 30k BitSend. Will look at condensate when I'm not working as I don't have any accounts with them exchanges.

Holdings...  Xtrabytes, Bitbay, Ark, VIA, Pascalcoin, NEM, BitSend.

Best tech... NEM, Xtrabytes and Pascalcoin.

Coins most likely to triple in price short term: bitbay and VIA
Tolrem

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:27:39 AM

Everyone keeps mentioning a "bubble" but I don't think they understand what a bubble is or how crypto currency works, and I am new. The only implied value of fiat currency is through equity. Crypto has no equity, or nothing significant comparatively to value. It's only a bubble if there is a run - in billions of USD. That's not going to happen besides through government intervention.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Woogy

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:34:45 AM

Not too late, you are still early bird, this thing gonna blow up m8
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: