Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:27:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MSI Z-107A Pro Gaming Windows Freezes  (Read 440 times)
xMines (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:07:40 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 08:54:13 AM by xMines

Hey Guys,

I'm building my new Rig now but I have problems first of all here are the specs of my rig:

RAM: 4GB DDR4
Motherboard: MSI Z-107A Pro Gaming
CPU: Intel G4400
GPUs: 2x RX480 8GB (so far, waiting for the rest)
HDD: 250GB SATA
PSU: 750W EVGA, I connected a single Powercable to each GPU, didn't use multiple GPUs on one power line.

I installed Win10 64-Bit, the drive is MBR not GPT. I have read that GPT is a must is that right?
System powers up and it's running so far properly until I run Claymore Miner (newest Version), the System freezes and the screen gets black. In device manager I can see both GPUs, also all drivers are installed.
I tried BIOS Version 1.7 which made Above-4G disappear. Currently I tried 7984v1E (newest Version) with the following settings:

UEFI+ Legacy is set,

Windows Os settings:
Win10 support is "off" (when I change it to "on" it doesn't boot, also when I change each of the 5 settings to "disabled" it doesn't boot anymore)
Win7 is "Enabled"
MSI fastboot "disabled "
fast boot "disabled"
secure boot "disabled"

Settings/Advanced:
PEG0 is Auto
PCI Latency is 32Bit
Above-4G is Disabled
!There is no PEG1!
-System is starting properly-

What I tried so far:
Changing PEG0 to "Gen1/Gen2/Gen3"
in combination with Above-4G "enabled"
-System doesn't boot anymore- also not in combination with the windows OS settings.

I also tried to use the internal GPU which didn't solve it.
What I'll try today: install windows in GPT drive and set Motherboard to UEFI only before, is this setting important?

I read each post about the Z107a Motherboards so far, nothing worked for me. Hope you guys can help.

Best Regards,
xmines
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
666mrga999

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:46:21 AM

You need GPT formatted windows with full UEFI above 4G decoding and PCIE to gen 1.
xMines (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:48:17 AM

You need GPT formatted windows with full UEFI above 4G decoding and PCIE to gen 1.

thanks I'll give it a try. So installation in UEFI+LEGACY and then change to UEFI only. I'll keep you updated. Where anybody able to run another GPU in the M2 slot?

BR xMines
xMines (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:35:23 PM

But why is the system crashing with default settings?
xMines (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:23:43 AM

I'll check today, yesterday I checked SimplesmineOS which were working with 4g decoding disabled and PCIE Auto only. How does SimplemineOS work it's no GPT and no UEFI? Also my system crashes after mining for a few minutes, I think it's cause of the GPU BIOS or Driverversion how should I solve this? When I increase the Fanspeed to min.100% in SimplemineOS OC Settings it's stable but only with one card  Huh
There are also questionmarks about EthOS.

BR xMines
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: