Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:03:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin for Retirement  (Read 9028 times)
imeetup

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:30:37 PM

I am living in a still-considered as a third world country which kinda suit me because the standard of living here is still low and we can easily afford all the necessities of life and even some luxuries here and there. Money here goes a long, long way at least compared to developed countries like USA or Japan for that matter.

It is then good to retire here most especially if you have the money in your purse. Now, I am planning to set aide even just 1 Bitcoin as part of my retirement plan...of course it is just part of the mix as I am also into cacao/mango/coconut farming which can also serve me well when I am retired.

Do you think 1 Bitcoin can be good for retirement...let's say 20 years from now?

It won't hurt to keep 1 Bitcoin aside... just in case it will go really high in the future. If it doesn't then it's no big loss now, but if it does it could pay for your retirement.

anheqiaobei

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:37:47 PM

Support your idea that bitcoin is a real long-term investment
Your post-retirement investment is the best Smiley
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2380
Merit: 342

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:55:09 PM

If you want a retirement fund or if you want to secure your future then buying bitcoin or collecting it while you can is the best option for you to have a secured financial future state. Most of the people are putting their bank account savings in bitcoin because they believe that bitcoin has more potential than the interest which is very low in banks.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:59:45 PM

I am living in a still-considered as a third world country which kinda suit me because the standard of living here is still low and we can easily afford all the necessities of life and even some luxuries here and there. Money here goes a long, long way at least compared to developed countries like USA or Japan for that matter.

It is then good to retire here most especially if you have the money in your purse. Now, I am planning to set aide even just 1 Bitcoin as part of my retirement plan...of course it is just part of the mix as I am also into cacao/mango/coconut farming which can also serve me well when I am retired.

Do you think 1 Bitcoin can be good for retirement...let's say 20 years from now?
I don't know exactly what your country's currency rate is.But people always used to say that if we have 21 btc,then we can enjoy a happy retired life.So better try to save more bitcoins.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:04:06 PM

It's impossible to say whether or not 1BTC will be enough there where you live, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to also have something aside in fiat reserves ~ just in case.

Good thing is that you have also other sources of generating income, which means that you won't be depending solely on Bitcoin to make the ends meet.

Another good thing is that you can simply continue with accumulating as many coins as possible throughout the years. The more you set aside, the more you will benefit.

I am doing exactly the same. I have set aside 5BTC that I will keep hodling for the coming 10-20 years. I am not retired by that time, but an insanely high value opens other doors for me.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:09:24 PM

20 years is a long time for 1 Bitcoin to be enough. What do you consider "enough" tho? It probably is enough for a 60 year old to retire and never have to work again, but im not sure if you would be considered rich.

If you own 21, im pretty sure in 20 years you'll be elite. There will never be enough BTC for all fiat millionaires in existence today to own one... consider that.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 01:17:47 PM

Yes why not in fact bitcoin have retired people,those are the early adopters,but do not put all your eggs in one basket,there's still a lot of options like other coins like ethereum and litecoin and some other none crypto currency like stocks and real estates but it's important that you do not put all your eggs.

Mia Wallace

Activity: 361
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:27:11 PM

I respect the fact that you are an farmer and you could make a good living with it and with bitcoin if you are able to save all the coins you are collecting then you could end up having a good retirement benefit with the coins you collected and with the speculation that the price would triple or cross even more values in five years time makes things interesting.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:38:52 PM

Having a plan to collect lots of bitcoin from now to meet the needs of life after retirement is a good idea, bitcoin for retirement is a good option because bitcoin has a good future.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:55:22 PM

Would be tough to say about bitcoin's price in 20 years, some expect it to reach over $100,000 but then there is always the chance of bitcoin falling altogether to $0. But in any case 1 BTC is less, I would recommend at least 10 BTC would be a safe bet so even if bitcoin just reaches around 20-30k in 20 years you would still have some spare($200-300k) retirement fund. But honestly, don't keep only bitcoin as your retirement fund.
MetalGear

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:13:42 PM

Yes bitcoin for retirement can be possible. Because in bitcoin your effort will be small but the money that you have in change of your effort is big. Bitcoin can be a useful and helpful thing to do in your extra times , vacant times and can also be in your leisure time. In your time you can earn money and your time will not be wasted.
Chin Cheng

Activity: 255

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:19:45 PM

Yes bitcoin for retirement can be possible. Because in bitcoin your effort will be small but the money that you have in change of your effort is big. Bitcoin can be a useful and helpful thing to do in your extra times , vacant times and can also be in your leisure time. In your time you can earn money and your time will not be wasted.
How come your effort to make bitcoin is small,with the current price i would not say that the effort and investment will be effortless and as per the speculators the price of bitcoin will soar many folds and it would reach a point that people holding one bitcoin will be termed a successful investor,these are just speculation and only with time you will know how exact these speculations are true.
Aztek

Activity: 423

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:23:27 PM

As long as you mix the funds why not? But injecting everything into bitcoin is very risky specially if it's retirement funds. As you don't deal the same way when it's about retirement, we have only 1 retirement lol..I wouldn't inject more than 10-15% with it. In your shoes I would focus with the cacao farming wich can go very good. It can be a gold mine I know
Yes, I also recommend focusing all or most of your funds in that cacao farming you were planning. But if 2,500 dollars is just a part (10-20%) of your income, then why not try investing that part in bitcoin. In that case, you can still have income while in your retirement and in your farm. But do not risk all of your retirement money in bitcoin.
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:41:00 PM

1 BTC may not be enough for the retirement plan but Yes the overall idea is good. Everyone is saving or holding BTC for a purpose. I am thinking of saving at least 3 BTC in my daughter's account for her future. It will be a gift for her, maybe when she need them.
I am earning for myself as well as using it for my luxury sometimes. All the best for your plan.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:44:59 PM

Well growth of bitcoin price is good for now, at least that is what i think. But there is no one that can say for certain how much will one bitcoin be worth in future. But i think that is good if you can, to save one bitcoin for the future. It could be worth a lot in future, and maybe even secure some good life. I will leave some bitcoin my self, and hope for the best Cheesy .
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:47:23 PM

If you asked the same question a year or two ago, I will not believe that bitcoin can be used for retirement.
Now, when btc price jumped so high, it looks like very possible scenario.
Now, I'm really sorry that I didn't believe more in btc.
I spend to much btc on HYIP and failed online businesses.
I could use this funds much better.
Any way, I'm now 100 % in collecting mode Smiley
Don't plan to spend anything.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:51:50 PM

No. Regardless of prices (unless a bitcoin could reach $1,000,000 then yes.)

Point is that even at a $100,000 price range, you will have to divide this to let say 40 years more of you existence in retirement.

$100,000/40 = $2,500/year

$2,500/12 = $208/month

$208/30 = $6.94/day

I don't think you'll survive with just that. Also factor in inflation for the next 20 years.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:03:06 PM

try to earn more and more,for the future, try to make atleast more than that, you cannot predict what will be happen someday, we cannot predict that  that money we can budget it for the years to come, the goods still increasing its price and having a low demand so that the price might change in that case the bitcoin that you have been save might be fewer and it cannot be last for a long time . try to earn more.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:08:26 PM

It is still 20 years from now OP, why do you have to settle with 1 bitcoin? You can earn more than that in that span of time.

As others have pointed out, 1 bitcoin is not enough unless the price went crazy high, like million dollars high.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:08:41 PM

1 Bitcoin in 20 years it's hard to predict its price... Impossible to say the truth and you shouldn't put all your hope on it. It's too risky and dangerous as you can have a deception when the time comes and you need the money.

Invest your 1 Bitcoin now or just hold it. Collect the profit when you can, invest it in real world if possible, as you said about coconuts, mangos... Couldn't you make a business from it? Sell fruits, or try to produce any other thing from the land, this way you can have an income and build your "little empire" to sustain you on the old age.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print