Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 01:33:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin for Retirement  (Read 9034 times)
South Park

Activity: 2940
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:17:27 PM

yes 1 bitcoin is enough after 20 years..but it can be risky..its better to have another option for safety..
For my retirement I would not depend on 1 btc. Although prices in the next few years may be very high. But I will target more than 30 btc for my retirement

Correct and the best part of it is that not only you can use those 30BTC for your retirement, you could invest those coins to get profits and instead of spending your coins you could spent the earnings you get out of them, this is especially true if you are a trader, since you are talking about using 30 coins for your retirement then I suppose you are talking about using 1 or 2 coins a year, but a good trader could earn more than that.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:31:43 PM

I am living in a still-considered as a third world country which kinda suit me because the standard of living here is still low and we can easily afford all the necessities of life and even some luxuries here and there. Money here goes a long, long way at least compared to developed countries like USA or Japan for that matter.

It is then good to retire here most especially if you have the money in your purse. Now, I am planning to set aide even just 1 Bitcoin as part of my retirement plan...of course it is just part of the mix as I am also into cacao/mango/coconut farming which can also serve me well when I am retired.

Do you think 1 Bitcoin can be good for retirement...let's say 20 years from now?

Well we do not know what future lies ahead on bitcoin.  While we all pressumed that its price after 20 years will go up as it what we all want but what if by that time it will vanished.  No more bitcoin because of some glitch or hacked or whatever.  Still have some good amount of money and try to earn or have more bitcoins.  I think 5 bitcoins will be good enough at your retirement.
MRlong

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:40:06 PM

yes 1 bitcoin is enough after 20 years..but it can be risky..its better to have another option for safety..
Ues to be exact because will never know the time and timing its more important to have another option than be more  dependent on this. Anytime the value change.
Yeah , true , so here I am thinking we should bought another coins also that has seems to be good future  .
Here I think we should hold atleast 5 btc for the future and altclins with the value of 5 btc .
I mean 1btc= eth
              1btc = dash
              1btc = ripple
              1btc = Monero
               1btc = dgb .
With the good future of the Bitcoin these altcoins also has bright future , so here in my opinion we should have these altxoins , it may be possible with the time increase they are also have the increase in value and demand and will reach to the value of the Bitcoin , so here we are not only making money with the Bitcoin but also with the other altcoins and turning our risk into minimum​ by holding many altcoins with Bitcoin .

This is a good idea. You diversified our 1 bitcoin to other top coins being traded. For what we know, this coin has great potential  to grow more. I think its time to start accumulating. Oh BTW this is not the only retirement plan I have. This is only to augment, since bitcoin is very promising.
I not think Ripple is good choice for long-term, this is a Token and I not see more benefit for community.
ETH have smart contract is very good and recently, it very help more ICOs success as BAT, SC, ...
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:34:04 PM

Ues to be exact because will never know the time and timing its more important to have another option than be more  dependent on this. Anytime the value change.
Yeah , true , so here I am thinking we should bought another coins also that has seems to be good future  .
Here I think we should hold atleast 5 btc for the future and altclins with the value of 5 btc .
I mean 1btc= eth
              1btc = dash
              1btc = ripple
              1btc = Monero
               1btc = dgb .
With the good future of the Bitcoin these altcoins also has bright future , so here in my opinion we should have these altxoins , it may be possible with the time increase they are also have the increase in value and demand and will reach to the value of the Bitcoin , so here we are not only making money with the Bitcoin but also with the other altcoins and turning our risk into minimum​ by holding many altcoins with Bitcoin .

This is a good idea. You diversified our 1 bitcoin to other top coins being traded. For what we know, this coin has great potential  to grow more. I think its time to start accumulating. Oh BTW this is not the only retirement plan I have. This is only to augment, since bitcoin is very promising.
I not think Ripple is good choice for long-term, this is a Token and I not see more benefit for community.
ETH have smart contract is very good and recently, it very help more ICOs success as BAT, SC, ...
i think those people who have little assets to invest, then they have good choice to invest in ripple. the price of Etherium is too much high for small investor and therefore they cannot purchase a good amount of Etherium with such a low amount. i personally studying Ripple for investment. in fact i have some spare money  and i want to invest it in some profitable altcon, from where  i can get a good profit in a short period of time.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
peter0425

Activity: 2702
Merit: 447

CryptopreneurBrainboss managerial service

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:37:39 PM

Ues to be exact because will never know the time and timing its more important to have another option than be more  dependent on this. Anytime the value change.
Yeah , true , so here I am thinking we should bought another coins also that has seems to be good future  .
I mean 1btc= eth
              1btc = dash
              1btc = ripple
              1btc = Monero
               1btc = dgb .

ETH is really taking of because of its smart contract and I see a lot of Crowdsale are offering ETH as one coin for investment beside bitcoin. This maybe the reason why the price of ETH is soaring right now. I think if I'm going to investment, I will put more on ETH, as least 2 btc and less on Ripple and dbg.

center]
SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
FAST DEPOSITS
AND WITHDRAWALS
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
WHEEL OF
FORTUNE
[WELCOME OFFER
     200% + 50FS
]▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
[/center]
South Park

Activity: 2940
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:14:00 PM

Ues to be exact because will never know the time and timing its more important to have another option than be more  dependent on this. Anytime the value change.
Yeah , true , so here I am thinking we should bought another coins also that has seems to be good future  .
I mean 1btc= eth
              1btc = dash
              1btc = ripple
              1btc = Monero
               1btc = dgb .

i think those people who have little assets to invest, then they have good choice to invest in ripple. the price of Etherium is too much high for small investor and therefore they cannot purchase a good amount of Etherium with such a low amount. i personally studying Ripple for investment. in fact i have some spare money  and i want to invest it in some profitable altcon, from where  i can get a good profit in a short period of time.
When you trade, it is not the price at what you buy that is the most important it is the price at what you sell that matters the most, if you buy ETH for the current price it does not matter if you can only afford 1 ETH if later you can sell it for ten times its value, even if you could buy more ripple for the same amount of money EHT would have been the best investment if you could only sell your ripple for five times its value.
hisuka2987

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:19:49 PM

Depending on the price of BTC, if things stay static somehow and a BTC is worth around $3000 then I guess 20 BTC could be considered a very good retirement in a third world country, that would probably be enough to buy a house with few rooms and can even rent a part of it as an investment.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:20:46 PM

if 1 bitcoin is just one of your investment that you put away for your retirement then it is an excellent idea because you should always diversify and we can never know for sure what will happen in a couple of years for bitcoin even if we are speculating moon.

but if you are planning on relying only one 1 bitcoin and nothing else then no, you are making a biggest mistake of your life. 1 bitcoin may never go as high as to be considered as your whole retirement money. (although i think you are from the first group but it was worth mentioning this here)
Yes it always depends on the thing that you are wanted. If you want to make bitcoin as your source of income when you retired then you must have some more , it is not enough for your future that much you need more in order for you to secure your future. If you can try to earn more and more it doesnt matter if how much the bitcoin price now what matter most is for the future preferences.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:22:50 PM

I somehow do not think 1 BTC would be enough, regardless of a country you live in.

10-20 BTC, that might suffice.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:24:49 PM

coins for reitrement ?

Worst decision you can make ever.
You should first read governmental and cooperation reports about cryptocurrency.
Governments want already to implement their own blockchain to public in 3 years which means that these coins will be exectly at that date worthless
canvan

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:32:32 PM

I somehow do not think 1 BTC would be enough, regardless of a country you live in.

It depends how high BTC will go, some people think 1 million dollars is in the realm of possibility. Obviously in the near future 1 BTC will never be enough but if you are buying for retirement in 20-30 years who knows.
doomloop

Activity: 2338
Merit: 583

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:01:46 PM

Yes you are right that one bitcoin is not enough for 20-30 years because today's price of Bitcoin is about $2700 and I think that this amount is not sufficient for 20 to 30 years because it is a very long time and one doesn't know about how much money he or she needs but if you want to increase your money or Bitcoin you need to invest this amount in some other companies so it will be your stable income.

jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:29:48 PM

I trust that bitcoin is the best option for long term investment. when I join the bitcoin network at blockchain it was not even 7$ at that time in starting of 2010. and today its 2000$+ . basically if I tell this to anyone they will never ever believe me because of bitcoin is at a place of impossibilities now, nothing has every gone this much far ever till now not even gold.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:16:16 PM

Do you think 1 Bitcoin can be good for retirement...let's say 20 years from now?

After 20 years maybe bitcoin is already $50,000 from that time or even bigger. I guess it's already enough to save one bitcoin for your future keep and retirement. But if you can add some more just keep on adding that will be the best thing to do. Because you will do nothing but will just let it keep at your cold storage.

Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:20:47 PM

I think 20 years from now,bitcoins value will be much more larger than it is now so holding that may be a good idea buy still there are many risk that can happen to the bitcoins value as the yesrs past.As we can see from now,its value goes up and down we'll never now when it would actually stay in going up.But your plan was good.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:44:16 PM

I think 20 years from now,bitcoins value will be much more larger than it is now so holding that may be a good idea buy still there are many risk that can happen to the bitcoins value as the yesrs past.As we can see from now,its value goes up and down we'll never now when it would actually stay in going up.But your plan was good.

Though no matter how much it grows, a single bitcoins could not really be enough for a retirement plan. This would also assume the prices will continue to grow and not go down, which is possible but there is a likelihood that prices might go down for some reason. So I think it is still not a good idea to rely only on bitcoins.
wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:53:08 PM

Though no matter how much it grows, a single bitcoins could not really be enough for a retirement plan. This would also assume the prices will continue to grow and not go down, which is possible but there is a likelihood that prices might go down for some reason. So I think it is still not a good idea to rely only on bitcoins.
yes that is right that a single bitcoin is not enough even if its price increases too much. but after retirement if you have some money that you got after your retirement as pension, and if you are interested in trading then you can really make  a good profit from trading and can even secure your life money after got retirement from your day job. in fact trading bitcoin do not require such a big effort.
IGNation

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

★Adconity.com★

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:06:35 AM

I think even after 20 years, Bitcoin might increase in value but it may also decrease, 1 BTC is not enough for retirement, since it is 20 years from now i think you can make more money than 1 BTC and make sure to have enough money for your needs so i think it is not enough and who knows if bitcoin is still the same after 20 years from now.

LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:17:58 AM

I think even after 20 years, Bitcoin might increase in value but it may also decrease, 1 BTC is not enough for retirement, since it is 20 years from now i think you can make more money than 1 BTC and make sure to have enough money for your needs so i think it is not enough and who knows if bitcoin is still the same after 20 years from now.
Yeah, you are right about that.
Even  after 20 years that 1 bitcoin already $50k or even more, it's still not enough.
What? Only holding 1 bitcoin till 20 years later. No, Right now, everything is already expensive enough, then what would happen in 20 years later?
Everything will becomes more and more expensive than now. Maybe 1 btc would only last a couple months in the future.
czvezda

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:14:17 AM

If you want a retirement fund or if you want to secure your future then buying bitcoin or collecting it while you can is the best option for you to have a secured financial future state. Most of the people are putting their bank account savings in bitcoin because they believe that bitcoin has more potential than the interest which is very low in banks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: