Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:45:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin for Retirement  (Read 9027 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:01:07 PM

If you are retiring in 15 years or more its well possible that 1 bitcoin can be enough to retire on even in a first world country. I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket though and rely solely on that, I would still look at other options just incase.
Don't settle for a low amount of bitcoin aim higher, i think 10 to 20 bitcoins will be enough after 15 years or more to build an average modern looking house because the price of bitcoin is keep on growing because of the demand that keeps on coming from the new adoptions from different people and also from the countries that are getting into bitcoin because of the potential of its financial system.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:37:57 PM

I am living in a still-considered as a third world country which kinda suit me because the standard of living here is still low and we can easily afford all the necessities of life and even some luxuries here and there. Money here goes a long, long way at least compared to developed countries like USA or Japan for that matter.

It is then good to retire here most especially if you have the money in your purse. Now, I am planning to set aide even just 1 Bitcoin as part of my retirement plan...of course it is just part of the mix as I am also into cacao/mango/coconut farming which can also serve me well when I am retired.

Do you think 1 Bitcoin can be good for retirement...let's say 20 years from now?

If you were to take farming as a retirement plan then using 1 bitcoins would already suffice unless you do not have the land to plant those. If you had the land you can invest fully for those different kinds of plants you ere interested with plus the other necessities to sustain its life for a longer time. Moreover, it is already your hobby so I assume that you would not have a major problem because it is what you like.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
lipcoins

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:39:28 PM

I think Bitcoin is the quintessential investment for retirement.

Keep your job, save to invest and watch it grow. Obviously you need to have more than just a couple of Bitcoins in order to be able to live through your old age. My advice would be to never keep all eggs in one basket since no investment is ever 100% risk-free.

Sarah08

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:44:06 PM

I am living in a still-considered as a third world country which kinda suit me because the standard of living here is still low and we can easily afford all the necessities of life and even some luxuries here and there. Money here goes a long, long way at least compared to developed countries like USA or Japan for that matter.

It is then good to retire here most especially if you have the money in your purse. Now, I am planning to set aide even just 1 Bitcoin as part of my retirement plan...of course it is just part of the mix as I am also into cacao/mango/coconut farming which can also serve me well when I am retired.

Do you think 1 Bitcoin can be good for retirement...let's say 20 years from now?
I guess no good if your only going to store 1 bitcoin today but you could use that to start a small business but 1 bitcoin can give you a profit but i guess your still gonna need a job and your gonna need a great volume of bitcoin to have a great investment for your own future.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:50:30 PM

We can't really predict the future much more if the time frame is 20 years like what you said, we don't even know if Bitcoin is still being used at that time. I am also that 1 Bitcoin won't be enough to fund you for your retirement purposes even if you say it will go up 10,000$ it won't be enough without financial aid from others. From what I am seeing a retirement fund must be added periodically in your own choice as it can really make a difference once you retire.
lipcoins

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:53:37 PM

If you are retiring in 15 years or more its well possible that 1 bitcoin can be enough to retire on even in a first world country. I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket though and rely solely on that, I would still look at other options just incase.
Don't settle for a low amount of bitcoin aim higher, i think 10 to 20 bitcoins will be enough after 15 years or more to build an average modern looking house because the price of bitcoin is keep on growing because of the demand that keeps on coming from the new adoptions from different people and also from the countries that are getting into bitcoin because of the potential of its financial system.

Exactly! No one can possibly feel safe with 1 Bitcoin in their wallet unless they live in such a poor country where housing and living in general constitutes nearly no expense. And even then, you don't know how that may change in the next 15-20 years so one could be in for a very rude awakening...
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:09:30 PM

We can't really predict the future much more if the time frame is 20 years like what you said, we don't even know if Bitcoin is still being used at that time. I am also that 1 Bitcoin won't be enough to fund you for your retirement purposes even if you say it will go up 10,000$ it won't be enough without financial aid from others. From what I am seeing a retirement fund must be added periodically in your own choice as it can really make a difference once you retire.
Maybe yes. We cant predict it but as for my advice better to save for now, make everything that you can just to earn bitcoin so that someday it will be more beneficial for you it will helps you a lot.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:59:09 PM

I think the bitcoin is one of investing for your retirement, because with a price value of bitcoin for the future will increase rapidly and tall. maybe bitcoin for future digital currency will be made so that more and more high demand rapidly. I hope this is the right time to maintain the high price bitcoin up bitcoin
zedsacs

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:25:40 PM

So basically, we all know that bitcoin is such an amazing crypto, it's price rises every year and we all know that after 20 year or 20 years from now bitcoin maybe would hit the million dollar mark. No one knows haha, so yeah, 1 btc would be good if u want to retire

▄▄████▄▄         
     ▄▄████████████▄▄       
 ▄▄████████████████████▄▄ 
██████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███▀▀▀       
███████▀                 
███████    ▄██▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████   ██████   ▐██████
███████    ▀██▀    ▐██████
███████▄          ▄███████
██████████▄▄  ▄▄██████████
 ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
     ▀▀████████████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀
GlobaTalent██████
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██
         ▄▄████▄▄         
     ▄▄████████████▄▄       
 ▄▄████████████████████▄▄ 
██████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███▀▀▀       
███████▀                 
███████    ▄██▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████   ██████   ▐██████
███████    ▀██▀    ▐██████
███████▄          ▄███████
██████████▄▄  ▄▄██████████
 ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
     ▀▀████████████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀
██████
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
    ██
▇▇ Read our Whitepaper ▇▇
Telegram
Facebook
Medium
Twitter
ANN Thread
Bounty
Virman01

Activity: 402

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:16:29 PM

So basically, we all know that bitcoin is such an amazing crypto, it's price rises every year and we all know that after 20 year or 20 years from now bitcoin maybe would hit the million dollar mark. No one knows haha, so yeah, 1 btc would be good if u want to retire

I think to retire 1 btc it will not be enough for them, because people from the first life are good and always spoiled with money over 1 btc, maybe they will never be satisfied with only 1 btc, but it all depends from the person himself And how they determine the direction of life they live from retirement so they get 1 bitcoin.
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:40:15 PM

If you want a retirement fund or if you want to secure your future then buying bitcoin or collecting it while you can is the best option for you to have a secured financial future state. Most of the people are putting their bank account savings in bitcoin because they believe that bitcoin has more potential than the interest which is very low in banks.

The only problem is the unpredictability of BTC prices. The trend is increasing, but how long? With banks is similar, we are not sure that after 20 years the bank has our money.
Weatherby

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:25:34 PM

I think Bitcoin is the quintessential investment for retirement.
Keep your job, save to invest and watch it grow. Obviously you need to have more than just a couple of Bitcoins in order to be able to live through your old age. My advice would be to never keep all eggs in one basket since no investment is ever 100% risk-free.
If you are able to collect some coins at a good price then it will be useful as the price might reach astronomical figures five years from now and if there are other opportunities to maximize your profit as there are new promising crowd funds that would double your money within a few months and so i am hopeful that i could make a good money before retirement.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:48:08 PM

If you want a retirement fund or if you want to secure your future then buying bitcoin or collecting it while you can is the best option for you to have a secured financial future state. Most of the people are putting their bank account savings in bitcoin because they believe that bitcoin has more potential than the interest which is very low in banks.

The only problem is the unpredictability of BTC prices. The trend is increasing, but how long? With banks is similar, we are not sure that after 20 years the bank has our money.

But, BTC usually generally uptrends, save the prolonged bull market that Gox gave us. I'm pretty sure cryptos will be a thing from here on out, banks are lining up to utilize blockchain technology, it's efficient cost wise and time wise. The level of capitalization in the cryptosystem makes me think major investors will be remiss to let the price drop to far down.It's too easy to depress/prop up the price with the low overall capitalization (even orange futures markets have more capitalization than most cryptos). You would at least most likely double up your value, as I can easily see 5000 btç, but better to invest sooner than later Wink
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:53:50 PM

After 20 years i predict bitcoin will be dead
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:57:37 PM

Bitcoin is predicted to rise. Who knows if 1btc= $10,000 then.
I hopes it will be that price too. If will be that place i will work harder for it so that i can save money too. It is too early to retire because we need mo btc so survive our future income. Earn and earn more as long as we can afford to earn. It is better to have a savings for the future too. It will make our lives better soon.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:16:05 PM

I think 1 btc would be so much less if you were expecting a glamorous life or all the necessities could be bought. If you want your life to be rich then you need more than 50 btc to be able to get a good life. Then make that target and discipline
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:22:16 PM

Exactly! No one can possibly feel safe with 1 Bitcoin in their wallet unless they live in such a poor country where housing and living in general constitutes nearly no expense. And even then, you don't know how that may change in the next 15-20 years so one could be in for a very rude awakening...
yes that is right 1 bitcoin is not such a big amount. even you are living in a poor country, a big saving is not more safer that a permanent income which can give you a good support. i think after retirement a permanent income that we can get from trading bitcoin and altcoin will be more good as compare to saving one bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
staceyoh

Activity: 381

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:52:36 PM

Yeah I think in the future bitcoin will going to be useful for many people.
It's price will be really great in the future, so I think it is good for retirement.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:59:42 AM

yes that is right 1 bitcoin is not such a big amount. even you are living in a poor country, a big saving is not more safer that a permanent income which can give you a good support. i think after retirement a permanent income that we can get from trading bitcoin and altcoin will be more good as compare to saving one bitcoin.
You are right guys, but do not forget that there is possibility of failing too. I mean there is always risk with bitcoin, that much in the future that is. We are talking about 15-20 bitcoins here, which is a lot of money. And what would happen if all your retirement in bitcoins goes to waste because of, i do not know lets say bitcoin fails and lose its worth? It is not wise to rely on bitcoin for retirement.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:32:16 PM

Bitcoin can be given to people for retirement. Because bitcoin is providing a good service it is increasing day by day and the people who has hard worked in a services like army and nation security related services and so on. If they get 1 bitcoin then it will help them a future. And they will be happy from there life that people are getting the result of there hard work after retirement.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: