Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:53:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTB (BitBar) - Improving The Alt CryptoCurrencies  (Read 2202 times)
daytrader420 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:32:29 PM

I want to know what the community thinks about BTB.

I have 50% of my mining at FTC and 50% at BTB currently.

I'm a fan of the alt-coins or whatever is bringing highest profitability ratio.

I've sold 40k worth of FC on this forum and exchanges, and I devoted my mining resources to it when difficulty was really low.

Anyway, I want to discuss what people think of BTB for the future.
Although I jumped on FTC, I admitted openly that I do not understand the hype of FTC.

Now, if I am confused or misinformed with anything I posted below, please post some input.

A block reward change of 200 coin from 50 coin, there is nothing fundamentally different between FTC and LTC.

BTB is a new gameplayer, and one that should be looked at seriously.
The difficulty adjustment beats out any other PoW based coin, (BTC,LTC,FTC, etc)
The minting ratio is about 1 BTB/10 minutes.
This means that if people are flooding the network finding new blocks, that the reward should be lower than normal. (currently, ~.16)
This should (probably did) mitigate the idea of 'early adoption' .. 'premining' for this coin.
Now think about when currencies (like where FTC is bound), will overshoot the difficulty forcing a lot of miners to leave the network?
(The difficulty will drop later)
What happens then is the BTB reward per block should get higher.
This provides an incentive to continue mining while the difficulty may even be in decline, or too high.
The balance/reward on this system seems more sound and makes more sense to me than other coins.

NVC really caught my attention and I would have thought the NVC structure would have beat out any other scrypt alts in the long run. However that pesky, premine has tainted the image and adoption.

Anyway there are some things to be concerned about. The dev's of BTB, I hope they can play a strong role in the community. I have to say I like the idea of BTB, probably more than any other alt-scrypt coin out at the moment.

Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:37:24 PM

The interesting twist for me is the fact that the coins are extremely rare and the coins are thought of as 'bars', being a lot more valuable than coins.

The code itself is mostly based on NVC, with some changes to make the coins more scarce.

Novacoin has always been undervalued in my book though because it picked up a bad reputation bribing btc-e.com
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:38:45 PM

I'm very convinced bitbar will be worth a lot, especially with the high difficulty right now.
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:40:33 PM

If I'm reading http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/chain/BitBar/q/nethash right, we're at 3% of litecoin's hashrate. That is, like, wow. Hashrate tripled over the last 1000 blocks.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
TruCoin

Activity: 210

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:35:38 PM

I agree with everyone this Cryto-Bar will change the landscape of Cryto-currency. The  mindset alone of now looking at cryto as bars would be enough in it self

BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:40:13 PM

I do hope BTB gets very popular and climbs right next to BTC and LTC in market share in the near future. The rarity makes it more attracting than Feathercoin for example. Scrypt is a big bonus in my books, these new and weak alts don't really need ASICs jumping in and out with their nearly 100GH a piece.
TruCoin

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:45:13 PM

I do hope BTB gets very popular and climbs right next to BTC and LTC in market share in the near future. The rarity makes it more attracting than Feathercoin for example. Scrypt is a big bonus in my books, these new and weak alts don't really need ASICs jumping in and out with their nearly 100GH a piece.

+1 I believe the creation of BitBar has saved cryto from all the Alt-coin Clones. It has made coins Obsolete . sure we need the BTC and the LTC but the rest I am sure will fade away due to the bravado of BitBar.

TruCoin

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:47:36 PM

+1 I believe the creation of BitBar has saved cryto from all the Alt-coin Clones. It has made coins Obsolete . sure we need the BTC and the LTC but the rest I am sure will fade away due to the bravado of BitBar.

BitBar gives us hope. to think all we had to look forward to was crappy alt-coins then something magical happened the first digital gold bar WOW I am optimistic for the future of this gamechanger

hughperman

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:56:21 AM

All hail Bitbar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTrzUuWlHI
TruCoin

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:03:08 AM

+ 1 million 500 and 26.3    and a side note current value of BTB over BTC is 1 BTB = 1,500,026.30 BTC

GSnak

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:05:04 AM

I think the primary advantage is the fact that there are only 2644 right now, there will likely never be one person with 40,000 of them. That, and being scrypt for the medium term the block chain isn't going to be mutilated by ASICs. It's possible that at some point people will want to convert their BTC to BTB, take their wallet offline and leave it set aside as a store of wealth. I can see that happening. It may never make it to Gox, but perhaps BTC-e and hopefully knock off some of the lamecoins that have a volume of 120BTC a day. There may develop a certain prestige about owning a Bitbar.

...or it  could be bumped off by the next coin of the day and fade into obscurity. Great risk equals great reward, or absolutely nothing.
TruCoin

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:08:57 AM

I think the primary advantage is the fact that there are only 2644 right now, there will likely never be one person with 40,000 of them. That, and being scrypt for the medium term the block chain isn't going to be mutilated by ASICs. It's possible that at some point people will want to convert their BTC to BTB, take their wallet offline and leave it set aside as a store of wealth. I can see that happening. It may never make it to Gox, but perhaps BTC-e and hopefully knock off some of the lamecoins that have a volume of 120BTC a day. There may develop a certain prestige about owning a Bitbar.

...or it  could be bumped off by the next coin of the day and fade into obscurity. Great risk equals great reward, or absolutely nothing.

prestige .. .. .. A great word for BitBar +1 for you good Sir

Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:12:14 AM

I think it just goes to show you how psychology can play a role in these new alt currencies. Whether ANY OF THEM will be around 2 years from now I do not know, but it seems to me they can be very attractive if they offer something even remotely new.

Feathercoin - another scrypt at the perfect time

CNC - Chinese coin, huge foreign market

Bitbar - Condensed, low amounts

So I expect to see new "Bar" alt currencies coming along soon as well. ( SILVER TO BITBAR BRONZE TO BITBAR ect )
uutoo

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:08:48 AM

All
Hitchslap7

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:32:22 AM

I think it just goes to show you how psychology can play a role in these new alt currencies. Whether ANY OF THEM will be around 2 years from now I do not know, but it seems to me they can be very attractive if they offer something even remotely new.

So I expect to see new "Bar" alt currencies coming along soon as well. ( SILVER TO BITBAR BRONZE TO BITBAR ect )

I'll be very surprised if we don't have "Litebars" within the next month or so.
TruCoin

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:34:12 AM

you mean LitBar is coming out in 72 hours  Grin

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:51:31 AM

BitBar gives us hope. to think all we had to look forward to was crappy alt-coins then something magical happened the first digital gold bar WOW I am optimistic for the future of this gamechanger

The creator of BitBar once took a trip to The Virgin Islands. After that they were known only as "The Islands".

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
TruCoin

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:01:14 AM

The creator of BitBar once took a trip to The Virgin Islands. After that they were known only as "The Islands".

yes i heard about this!!! the island needed three morning after pills from the report i was reading  Cheesy

jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:08:06 AM

Litecoin itself was "another scrypt clone" given that Tenebrix and Fairbrix were already out. Prediction is a futile endeavor.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
TruCoin

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:12:59 AM

Litecoin itself was "another scrypt clone" given that Tenebrix and Fairbrix were already out. Prediction is a futile endeavor.

i was just kidding we dont need anymore cryto-bars-coins-bills-credit cards - monkeys uncle No more clones

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: