Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:02:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are my coins?  (Read 590 times)
robcop (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:47:00 PM

Hi guys,

Im a newb and just set up my first solo miner ever.... took me 4 hours to do it.....

I'm mining the new Chinese coin. This is what I see:

My fan speed drops down to like 0-10% and shoots back to 100% when it detects that it is overheated and after about 2 minutes it does the same thing over and over again.

I have a ATI radeon 6850 videocard.

My .bat setting for cgminer =
C:\Users\Robin\Desktop\cgminer\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:8108 -u username -p password -I 10 -g 1 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 3200 --auto-fan --temp-overheat 65 --temp-target 75

Is that good or wrong?

Last question: Where do I see if I mined a coin? Because I still see 0.00 in my wallet.

Thanks for the help and regards!
Bit Banger

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:18:21 AM

Looks like a scam. I wouldn't go about mining any random new coin until it is more widely accepted. Being the first to mine a new coin might mean you get a lot, but if it's never worth anything then it doesn't matter.
Nekon

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:25:09 AM

Hi,

For the part of overheating.. try to monitor your temps of your gpu, imo safe temp should be less than 70 ºC if you plan 24/7... I recommend for this to download msi afterburner, so you can also program fan rpms with the temperature.

For the other parts, I've not tried still solo mining...
suwaro626

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:28:25 AM

Looks like a scam. I wouldn't go about mining any random new coin until it is more widely accepted. Being the first to mine a new coin might mean you get a lot, but if it's never worth anything then it doesn't matter.

it's not a scam and it just so happens that CNC is the most profitable coin to mine right now so it's a good decision to mine it.

To the OP, while I've never tried solo mining, I think you'll find much more success in a pool because of your relatively low hashrate.
Bit Banger

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:34:11 AM

it's not a scam and it just so happens that CNC is the most profitable coin to mine right now so it's a good decision to mine it.

To the OP, while I've never tried solo mining, I think you'll find much more success in a pool because of your relatively low hashrate.

Scam was a poor choice of words on my part. My basic point is that they may not end up being worth anything. If nobody wants them, then it doesn't matter how many you have. Of course, if they suddenly become some huge success, you could be super rich. It's a gamble, but I just don't see all of these new coins that keep popping up going anywhere. I could be wrong though.
robcop (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:35:57 AM

Thanks for the reply. How to pool mine with CNC? And do you know a trustable pool?

And im just going to try my luck with these. @bit banger
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 02:12:31 AM

You need to try pool mining. Google pools for the coin your trying to mine and then join one and use it. You will see the coins in your account for that pool and you can withdraw them to your wallet.
MartinReynolds

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:18:32 AM

Hey,

Sucks you're having trouble mining, try to mine in pools as you all work together and generally get paid more quicker and it's easier to withdrawl.

Regards,

Martin
CeltixBos

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:21:05 AM

Stick with it, will payout in the long run/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: