Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:43:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoCurrencies Prove That 'Freedom' Is A Lie  (Read 371 times)
hiloh (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:59:22 PM

I'm in the USA, but this applies pretty much everywhere because all countries heavily regulate the financial industries and currency exchanges.

CryptoCurrencies are not even real currencies.  They are not offered by, or recognized by any country.  They're just electronic bits which some of us are willing to pay fiat money for.  They're no different than any other virtual product, like the items you can buy in some online games. 

So, there should be no regulatory impedence to a business in the USA or elsewhere that wants to allow the buying and selling of these 'coins'.  Yet it's so far proving almost impossible for this to happen because these non-currencies are being treated as currencies by banks and governments.  Of course they do this just to hinder the market, but there's no rationale to justify it.

'Land of the Free' my ass.
MoneyCoin

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:06:44 AM

I agree with you, the u.s. has more laws, people in prison and restrictions than almost every other country out there. I have live all over the world, I see it first hand. - The thing is though, paper currency is just as worthless, its just paper... back by gold and silver, maybe, but if it truly was gold and silver prices would be much different, the value of our currency is only what we decide it is, just like cryptos.....
hiloh (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:09:31 AM

I agree with you, the u.s. has more laws, people in prison and restrictions than almost every other country out there. I have live all over the world, I see it first hand. - The thing is though, paper currency is just as worthless, its just paper... back by gold and silver, maybe, but if it truly was gold and silver prices would be much different, the value of our currency is only what we decide it is, just like cryptos.....

Paper money isn't even backed by gold or silver anymore.  The value of fiat is derived purely from perception of that value by those who use the currency.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: