Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:38:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Single Casascius Coins for sale  (Read 25741 times)
Nightowlace (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 02:03:06 PM

I just updated this thread. The graded coins are in. Pictures have been posted.
Hey Nightowlace,

Since you have such a good rep (at least in my book), have you thought about selling any other coins? I bet people who trust you from the Casascius Coins you've them might do repeat business with you if you had other offerings. I sure would!

I do some silver here and there. Check out the Silver Wallets thread in Goods. That's my new creation. I think you'll love it man.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:42:22 PM

2013 Single BTC coins *2.5BTC each*
(1) MS-63
(2) MS-64
(10) MS-65
(9) MS-66

They are the same price regardless of grade?

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 07:20:05 PM

2013 Single BTC coins *2.5BTC each*
(1) MS-63
(2) MS-64
(10) MS-65
(9) MS-66

They are the same price regardless of grade?

First come first serve. First to act will get the best grades.

I'd be open to offers
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:05:57 PM

The 2011 w/error has been sold.
How much did you end up selling that one for?
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 08:40:10 PM

8 BTC
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:50:34 PM

8 BTC
Thanks, glad to see prices haven't faltered on early Casascius Coins!
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 12:18:38 AM

8 BTC

Yeah the "collectible" coins are still holding value. Everything else seems to have dropped off.
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:30:59 PM

8 BTC

Yeah the "collectible" coins are still holding value. Everything else seems to have dropped off.

Great to know! Smiley
soniq

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:59:22 PM

do you get any coins grading better than 66?

Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 12:33:13 AM

66 is the est I have and to my knowledge the best any Casascius Coin has received.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 04:46:40 PM

Long term bitcoin value seems to be trending positive. I would make the assumption that these coins will become increasingly valuable just as coins in the silver and gold coin market fluctuate by weight and age. Maybe I should take this post down and wait a year or so to sell them?
Chainsaw

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

x

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:31:45 PM

Long term bitcoin value seems to be trending positive. I would make the assumption that these coins will become increasingly valuable just as coins in the silver and gold coin market fluctuate by weight and age. Maybe I should take this post down and wait a year or so to sell them?

That's been my view so far, Nightowlace.  I've got graded holo errors for the denominations of 1, 5, 25, and even one of the 18-in-existence 100 BTC bars. (The 100s cannot be graded, as they don't meet ANACS' definition of a coin.)

Seeing you managed to get 8 BTC for a graded 1 BTC holo error was encouraging...but it has a ways to go before I'd be willing to part with mine.  As time passes, I expect their scarcity as well as historical significance to Bitcoin to become increasingly appreciated.

As for the grading numbers, I have primarily 65s, a few 66s, and none higher. I'm fairly confident there was a 67 that sold at one point...maybe by SgtSpike?

djjacket

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 07:56:59 PM

Is the OP inventory up to date?  What do you have left for the graded coins?
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:48:38 AM

Hey guys, I will advertise my service here now, so please excuse if you consider this spam and accept my apology. Will remove the post on request.

Some of you might know of Mikes idea to scan his coins and put hashes of the images into the blockchain as a defensive measure against counterfeiting. I think it's a good idea that can greatly increase the value of a coin in the future. I call this "proof of age" because it allows to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that a specific coin has existed at a certain point in time, which in turn can greatly increase confidence that the coin is not a counterfeit.

As a reseller of casascius coins I started to do this for the coins I sell. I also put info about the coin and the hash of the image and so on onto a nice-looking certificate which I print and include with the coins. Looks like this:

Because people have been asking wether I could help them do this for their own coins and seemed to like the certificates in general, I made a service one can use to do so. It'll allow upload of coin images (front & back), insert the hash into the blockchain and offer "certificate" for download (or print for that matter).

I went online with it yesterday. Had 73 visits and 0 sales. Why 0 sales I ask myself. Well, I guess maybe it's quite a barrier to go ahead and make photos of your coins. Maybe the price (BTC 0.02 per coin for proof-of-age, BTC 0.03 if you want the certificate printed and mailed to you) is too high. Maybe there's something wrong with the usability of the page? I'm not sure, you tell me.

So I figured maybe I try advertising to an audience that can see some value in this, and that's you guys with high-value coins on their hands ;-)

So if you want, you can add some more value to (or protect the value of) your precious 2011 coins by generating such a proof-of-age certificate.

Tell me what you think.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 05:57:08 PM

Is the OP inventory up to date?  What do you have left for the graded coins?

It is up to date.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:57:05 AM

As for the grading numbers, I have primarily 65s, a few 66s, and none higher. I'm fairly confident there was a 67 that sold at one point...maybe by SgtSpike?

How is this grading done, what does it mean? 

I have a few 1 XBT coins loaded in November 2011. ( misspelt hologram )

How do I grade them?
If anyone is willing to pay 8 XBT I'll be willing to sell one. The rest belong to my kids nieces and nephews.

The public key is part of the batch starting with 18...

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:37:01 AM

How do I grade them?
If anyone is willing to pay 8 XBT I'll be willing to sell one. The rest belong to my kids nieces and nephews.

ANACS

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Chainsaw

x

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:38:35 PM

How do I grade them?

As Otoh said, ANACS is the agency that grades these coins.  PCGS and NGC are the leading coin grading agencies, ANACS is generally considered third-in-line.  The premier agencies didn't want to grade Bitcoins, so ANACS gets all the business  Smiley

The general idea is that they are an independent third-party whose only job is to provide a rather standardized way of grading the quality of the coins sent in.  Especially as you get into higher-value collectibles, this becomes increasingly important.  By buying a graded coin, you can trust the reputation of the grading agency to offset some of the risk of a counterfeit or low quality coin.

Nightowlace gets this, and has grading lined up with ANACS, so purchasing through him is a low risk, convenient way to get some high quality coins without having to do a lot more homework, in a field you likely don't have the same experience that he does.  I'll also add that his packaging, customer service, and follow-through are top notch.  You get what you pay for.

As for your current holdings...you'll probably have trouble fetching 8 for an ungraded, but the people that have the best luck:
-Create their own thread outlining what is being offered (error or not, quality of coin)
-Include front-and-back pictures
-Lay out any ambiguous terms (is shipping included? Is stated price negotiable? Pre-empty any questions)

Along with this, if you care to, you can include an offering in this collectible marketplace thread, which links to your offering. You'll get a good idea of what offerings, graded and ungraded, of some of the rarer varieties of coins have sold for in the past.

The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:43:54 PM

How do I grade them?

As Otoh said, ANACS is the agency that grades these coins.  PCGS and NGC are the leading coin grading agencies, ANACS is generally considered third-in-line.  The premier agencies didn't want to grade Bitcoins, so ANACS gets all the business  Smiley

The general idea is that they are an independent third-party whose only job is to provide a rather standardized way of grading the quality of the coins sent in.  Especially as you get into higher-value collectibles, this becomes increasingly important.  By buying a graded coin, you can trust the reputation of the grading agency to offset some of the risk of a counterfeit or low quality coin.

Nightowlace gets this, and has grading lined up with ANACS, so purchasing through him is a low risk, convenient way to get some high quality coins without having to do a lot more homework, in a field you likely don't have the same experience that he does.  I'll also add that his packaging, customer service, and follow-through are top notch.  You get what you pay for.

As for your current holdings...you'll probably have trouble fetching 8 for an ungraded, but the people that have the best luck:
-Create their own thread outlining what is being offered (error or not, quality of coin)
-Include front-and-back pictures
-Lay out any ambiguous terms (is shipping included? Is stated price negotiable? Pre-empty any questions)

Along with this, if you care to, you can include an offering in this collectible marketplace thread, which links to your offering. You'll get a good idea of what offerings, graded and ungraded, of some of the rarer varieties of coins have sold for in the past.

Thanks for this info! I enjoyed this read.  Smiley
Chainsaw

x

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:46:57 PM

Thanks for this info! I enjoyed this read.  Smiley

You're quite welcome! Always happy to help.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: