Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 04:30:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A fitting first Bitcoin purchase.  (Read 326 times)
GreenGod (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:43:55 AM

Hello all! Time to be done with lurking and join this community for real. I thought I'd introduce myself by sharing about my first Bitcoin purchase yesterday. It struck me as significant for two reasons:

1) I bought three 1x -> 16x PCI-e risers. A fitting purchase for somebody who's been watching crypto for awhile and is finally diving in. It's time to leverage my PC hardware/software skills and long-time love of expensive GPUs Smiley

2) More importantly: I've been behind cryptocoins conceptually since I first read about them but... It's easy to love this stuff as a geek. Plenty of jargon, decimal places, and hacking*. What struck me though as I made my first purchase (and received shipping confirmation) was how easy the whole thing was! Unlike using a credit card on the internet, there is a basic acceptance of my right to spend my money securely and (pseudo) anonymously. No company tracking my purchases and no worry about 'is this transaction secured by somebody I trust?' In short, I saw the future.

That's it! Thank for reading!

~greengod~

*Note: By 'hacking' I mean the definition that I grew up with before the mainstream media got a hold of the word. 

Hacking /vi./ To interact with a computer in a playful and exploratory rather than goal-directed way
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: