Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:29:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have 1 BTC investment, Looking for help in Ethereum mining.  (Read 1578 times)
Manchumichael (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:49:35 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am ready to invest 1 BTC to build mining machine, but I don't have any idea how to do Ethereum mining. I have few questions in my mind I am going to ask one by one.

1) I bought SAPPHIRE PULSE RADEON RX 580 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDMI/DVI-D/DP OC GRAPHIC CARD.

2) i5 Motherboard, 16gb Ram, power supply and 500gb SSD.  

My questions...

1) Still what all hardware equipment i need to set up mining machine?

2) I can install Windows 10 OS, But after that, i don't know which software I am going to install to start mining.

3) First, I am going to start with only 1 graphic card, So if I run the machine 24/7 how much profit I will get? Means how many Eth I will generate per month?

4) If power cut in the middle means it will effect on my machine or it will effect on mining software?

apart from hardware what I mentioned in the top, i don't know anything about this ETH mining, Please explain step by step methods how to start ETH mining.

Thank you.
reids

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:55:05 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am ready to invest 1 BTC to build mining machine, but I don't have any idea how to do Ethereum mining. I have few questions in my mind I am going to ask one by one.

1) I bought SAPPHIRE PULSE RADEON RX 580 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDMI/DVI-D/DP OC GRAPHIC CARD.

My questions...

2) I can install Windows 10 OS, But after that, i don't know which software I am going to install to start mining.

3) First, I am going to start with only 1 graphic card, So if I run the machine 24/7 how much profit I will get? Means how many Eth I will generate per month?

4) If power cut in the middle means it will effect on my machine or it will effect on mining software?

apart from hardware what I mentioned in the top, i don't know anything about this ETH mining, Please explain step by step methods how to start ETH mining.

Thank you.

Why did you buy the equipment without any research?

1) You still need a processor (unless that's what you meant by i5 motherboard)
2) Research it online. Plenty of topics about this, some even in the forum you're posting in so you obviously haven't looked very hard!
3) At current rates about 0.6 eth per month.
4) Most likely won't effect the hardware (but could cause damage if you're unlucky), but will obviously affect your profit.

Nobody will give you a full step by step list of everything you need to do, look it up online - there's countless resources out there.
Manchumichael (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:22:40 PM

Hello Everyone,

My questions...

Thank you.

2) Research it online. Plenty of topics about this, some even in the forum you're posting in so you obviously haven't looked very hard!
4) Most likely won't effect the hardware (but could cause damage if you're unlucky), but will obviously affect your profit.

Nobody will give you a full step by step list of everything you need to do, look it up online - there's countless resources out there.

Thanks for your reply, but no use.
coinzoid

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:23:23 PM

Following topic has helped me to build my first rig.

I don't think you will be able to find some of the parts listed there now, but it should give you an idea of components you would need for Ethereum mining. Demand for Polaris cards are very high nowadays so you may want to consider buying Nvidia GPUs and mine ZCASH or other algos.

I hope my reply helps you. Good luck.
Manchumichael (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:32:28 PM

I don't think you will be able to find some of the parts listed there now, but it should give you an idea of components you would need for Ethereum mining. Demand for Polaris cards are very high nowadays so you may want to consider buying Nvidia GPUs and mine ZCASH or other algos.

Thanks for information mate, I checked that link and I got to know one thing is to mine altcoins we need MSI motherboards. becasue I saw this same motherboard in many videos.
coinzoid

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:50:49 PM

Thanks for information mate, I checked that link and I got to know one thing is to mine altcoins we need MSI motherboards. becasue I saw this same motherboard in many videos.

Actually, you don't need to depend on MSI motherboards to mine altcoins. Those are usually recommended as they support 7 gpus (maybe more). For instance I've used Asus Z87 Deluxe QUAD (which also has 7 pci-express slots) but in my test it has failed to boot with 7th gpu. So later, I've found a 2nd hand z97 gaming 5 and used that. As long as you are not targetting more than 6 gpus I think high level mobos will support your config.

If you send me the the list of mobos, I can help you to research if it is confirmed to work with that mobo.
reids

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:20:07 PM

Hello Everyone,

My questions...

Thank you.

And that's why people won't give a step by step list of what to do Smiley
Manchumichael (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:09:46 PM

Hello Everyone,

My questions...

Thank you.

I hope someone will help me let's wait for some time.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:23:17 PM

I'm still in a process of learning by doing and from my experience you don't need 500GB SSD but since you have it now ok no problem.

What software you need now is claymore (read more here in another thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0)

And since you have the Windows 10 then search in google to remove the login, and autostart the claymore so it will start mining immediately.
Manchumichael (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:37:50 AM

I'm still in a process of learning by doing and from my experience you don't need 500GB SSD but since you have it now ok no problem.

What software you need now is claymore (read more here in another thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0)

And since you have the Windows 10 then search in google to remove the login, and autostart the claymore so it will start mining immediately.
I just bought it, if my setup did not do properly and not workers means, it will help for my personal use. And I went through your link thanks it helps me lot. But I have one question instead of removing the log in an I uninstall Windows 10 and install Win 7 is this workout?
Manchumichael (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:55:42 AM

Still i did not get any good help from anyone. can you please give me the hardware details for Eth and other altcoins mining.
GaryH

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:51:30 PM

Hello Everyone,

My questions...

Thank you.

Youtube:  Bits Be Trippin...  ETH build and he goes through everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA_sH4q2toU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3XOtQtFKSQ
grape_tectonics

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:24:45 AM

Please explain step by step methods how to start ETH mining.

1. Realize that its a bad time to get into it just now
2. Return your hardware
3. Sigh in relief 2 months from now while looking at eth difficulty and block times
btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:57:58 AM

Please explain step by step methods how to start ETH mining.

1. Realize that its a bad time to get into it just now
2. Return your hardware
3. Sigh in relief 2 months from now while looking at eth difficulty and block times

Okay, that was funny....

Reminds me of Buyer's Remorse (cognitive dissonance)
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1372
Merit: 623

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 03:32:07 AM

I think there are some easy to use software just install and ready to play like minergate i just found it in google and some post here
https://minergate.com/
and i think you just choose smart mining and you are ready to mine ethereum..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
reids

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 12:04:24 PM

Hello Everyone,

My questions...

Thank you.

I hope someone will help me let's wait for some time.

Guess I was right huh? Roll Eyes
Manchumichael (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:51:57 PM

I think there are some easy to use software just install and ready to play like minergate i just found it in google and some post here
https://minergate.com/
and i think you just choose smart mining and you are ready to mine ethereum..
I tried this site it's a time waste no use. we can not earn our electricity bill from this mining website.
draceus0

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:54:07 PM

Hello Everyone,

My questions...

Thank you.

Do some research next time before purchasing hardware. You do not need 16gb ram an i5 and a 500gb SSD, you just wasted money there.

All you need is a 2 core CPU, 4gb RAM and a 64/128gb SSD (or you can even run a USB stick with simplemining OS and save even more money on not buying an SSD)
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:59:24 PM

OP has shown why no one will just hand him a step by step guide not to mention his serious lack of motivation to do his own research, just wants crap handed to him on a silver platter

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Manchumichael (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:44:21 PM

OP has shown why no one will just hand him a step by step guide not to mention his serious lack of motivation to do his own research, just wants crap handed to him on a silver platter
I think people will not give free service. that is why I am not getting any help from any experts.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: