Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:05:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Casascius 1 BTC Bitcoin Brass Unopened 2011 Typing Error in Hologram  (Read 1734 times)
comit

Activity: 798
Merit: 326

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:31:22 PM

I guess it is. Smiley

Thanks for the exciting bidding war, you were a worthy adversary. You can have the next one. Cool
mursus (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:38:47 PM

Thanks for the bids everyone, and especially astrocity1981 and comit.

Also thanks for the help and tips for a newbie seller like me.

Congratulations for comit for the highest bid!

I'll contact you via private message to talk the details.

And sorry already in advance - this forum prevents me from sending message no faster than 6 minutes after my last post, so my apologies for any delays.
comit

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:03:31 PM

The deal is off as far as I am concerned.

Seller doesn't want to use Minerjones as an escrow because, and I quote: "from my point of view, there's a risk related to an escrow who's eagerly recommended by the members of the forum. I can't know anything of him/her for sure and even less about your relations. So I wouldn't like to use him or the other option mentioned in an early message on the thread."

Asked the seller to propose another escrow but no more reaction from him, despite reminders. So, end of story. Angry
astrocity1981

Activity: 343
Merit: 254

From The New World

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:12:21 PM

Wow sorry to hear that comit. I did not realize it but I forgot to ask about time stamping that coin with his user name. What I hate about newbie auctions or sale is how they can easily back out of a deal if the auction or sale did not pan out their way. BItbank was a recent one where I made an offer and he ends up selling it on ebay.
ediston

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:04:41 PM

I suggest that seller shall update the topic [Opened/closed]
mursus (OP)

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:41:37 AM

Ahem, sorry all.

I've been busy for the last two days and couldn't check my emails yesterday and found out just now that the highest bidder had announced the deal is off.

What is most understandable is that neither of us wants to take absolutely zero risk sending either the money nor the coin to someone they don't know.

I should've done more planning on how to handle the shipping and payment. Didn't think that it's bit complicated because of the distance.

I'm not sure how to continue forward from here but at least I know that I shouldn't hasten with things like this.

teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:44:06 PM

Ahem, sorry all.

I've been busy for the last two days and couldn't check my emails yesterday and found out just now that the highest bidder had announced the deal is off.

What is most understandable is that neither of us wants to take absolutely zero risk sending either the money nor the coin to someone they don't know.

I should've done more planning on how to handle the shipping and payment. Didn't think that it's bit complicated because of the distance.

I'm not sure how to continue forward from here but at least I know that I shouldn't hasten with things like this.

Here's a classic example of how not to run an auction for any of you new members out there.

There is nothing not understandable about what should have happened here as it happens on a daily basis between new and old members.

1. You accept one of the very respected very reputable suggested to you. ( You have apparently said no to two suggestions without counter offering any other option )

2. Life gets in the way yes but you were the one that set the auction end date. Why set it to a time when you're going to busy and can't get in touch with the highest bidder.

The fact that your firstbits are hidden doesn't sit easy with me either. There are people with 10btc, 25btc Cas coins that have firstbits in clear visibility and don't worry as much as you. I hope comit or astro know the firstbits of this coin and share it with the community so you can not just simply make a new account and try for a higher winning bid.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:10:45 PM

If buyer & seller want, I could escrow. I'm from Finland too, if it matters. I've dealt with Cas coins before in the Fin local forum at bittiraha.fi. Mursus can verify this if he wants, just drop me a msg there.
I must mention that if you want me to escrow, I do take fee --unlike some other escrowers around here.

comit

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:32:57 PM

Thanks for the proposal Anduck, but I doubt he will accept that...
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: