Bitcoin Forum
September 26, 2024, 09:41:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: was the troll box closed to hide an agenda?  (Read 496 times)
ninja.trader (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:20:28 PM

Of late there were a ton of comments about people not getting their coins or withdrawing. could it been that the troll box was closed to suppress this? Could there be a hidden agenda? what do you think?
nzhu

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 04:40:04 PM

I think so! All those technical issue posts of not getting their coins in weeks were increasing and increasing!
Now none of those people can be heard!

I started a chatroom so that everyone can talk freely about this!

A free discussion chatroom is necessary! I've been talking into the chatroom for long. It feels like a part of me is missing every time I login to poloniex now!!
http://PoloniexChatRoom.ml
Tolrem

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:55:36 PM

Very likely. I don't think Polo is to be trusted.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:52:46 AM

Not true. The troll box was closed because it didnt help with the lag it was causing for some users. And closing the troll box because "theyre trying to surpress something" would be useless because we could always come here in the forum.
tinyteapot

Activity: 1175
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:56:46 AM

It is not as you think, the troll box was not closed to hide any kind of agenda but closed because the moderators on the troll box were to assist in the support tickets of complaint sent by the users and poloniex does not want to have an unmoderated troll box.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 08:11:39 AM

Of late there were a ton of comments about people not getting their coins or withdrawing. could it been that the troll box was closed to suppress this? Could there be a hidden agenda? what do you think?

In my opinion this is the only logical reason why they closed the trollbox. Trollbox was one of the best places to visit for me at least in poloniex as i get to chat with cryptocurrency enthusiasts much like myself.

They had an extensive mod hiring process as well, it wouldn't make sense for them to just fire them all and ditch all the training to move onto being a support unless something major is happening.

It's most probably to stop the constant questioning and get new users into depositing their coins - so that poloniex can pay off old debts. Sort of like a ponzi.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:02:01 PM

Not true. The troll box was closed because it didnt help with the lag it was causing for some users. And closing the troll box because "theyre trying to surpress something" would be useless because we could always come here in the forum.

When the site was lagging so bad it was affecting trading, the trollbox always seemed like the one piece that wasn't having a problem.
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:44:53 PM

I have a feeling it was closed because of the fact their support was supposedly lagging way behind and had nothing to do with censorship. I heard it's only temporary and they'll have it back online soon when they get their support situation sorted out.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
BitWhale

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:07:01 PM

Why do you guys keep acting like it's permanant? Where in their announcement does it say they 'permanantly' removed the trollbox?

Ps - What is the point of the trollbox? I make a point not to look at it because it's just asinine behavior. What purpose does the trollbox serve? I'd imagine the only purpose is for pump & dumps... Just wait till the feds get involved, then you will really be sad.
gringoprivelege

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:17:30 AM

Or maybe they just don't want people trolling anymore... Ppl can still talk on forums etc.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:50:59 AM

When the site was lagging so bad it was affecting trading, the trollbox always seemed like the one piece that wasn't having a problem.

It was adding to the lag for me. The site wont load quick and I had to click the arrow thing to roll it up. I may be wrong but that was the first thought I had when they disabled it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: