Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:15:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockcypher's Customer Support and API Issue  (Read 411 times)
gukevi (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:57:32 PM

There is a problem in a Blockcypher's API service called Payment Forwarding. I sent two transactions on main bitcoin chain using this API. And both transactions did not go through and the bitcoin funds were held in these transactions.

I reported the issue to blockcypher's customer support and they forwarded the funds of only one transaction back to me.

The funds of the other transaction was never forwarded back to me, as blockcypher's customer support told me they had used the funds to upgrade my free of charge account to a paid plan, instead of forwarding the funds back to me.

I've contacted several times blockcypher's customer support and the founder Matthieu Riou requesting that I would like to get funds forwarded back to me instead of having my account upgraded to a paid plan. But they never answered me back.  

For this reason, I'm reaching out to the community in order to get blockcypher's attention to get this issue solved.

Thank you
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:47:54 PM

There is a problem in a Blockcypher's API service called Payment Forwarding. I sent two transactions on main bitcoin chain using this API. And both transactions did not go through and the bitcoin funds were held in these transactions.

I reported the issue to blockcypher's customer support and they forwarded the funds of only one transaction back to me.

The funds of the other transaction was never forwarded back to me, as blockcypher's customer support told me they had used the funds to upgrade my free of charge account to a paid plan, instead of forwarding the funds back to me.

I've contacted several times blockcypher's customer support and the founder Matthieu Riou requesting that I would like to get funds forwarded back to me instead of having my account upgraded to a paid plan. But they never answered me back.  

For this reason, I'm reaching out to the community in order to get blockcypher's attention to get this issue solved.

Thank you
Are u telling us that Blockcypher just captured some fund of yours and forced upgraded u to paid plan? That's scary! How much they have robbed from u?

U may like to create a scam accusation here with Tx details - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

mriou

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:43:59 PM

This is a gross misrepresentation. You can check the original address, the money is still there:

https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/address/12wLQaz26TQxJzRo2RLch6KyQ4uc1VrNuK/
https://blockchain.info/address/12wLQaz26TQxJzRo2RLch6KyQ4uc1VrNuK

You made a mistake when creating the payment forward which resulted in a wrong destination address. Because of a set of security measures we have in place, it's very difficult to unlock the funds to send to a different or corrected address. As we felt we could have caught this particular mistake, we offered a free plan for a month in return (for a $75 value). Not to mention that you had used our services completely for free prior to that.

Now you come back 9 months later, posting FUD online. Needless to say, you have far exceeded the limits of our patience.
gukevi (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:21:11 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 08:34:51 AM by gukevi

This is a gross misrepresentation. You can check the original address, the money is still there:

https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/address/12wLQaz26TQxJzRo2RLch6KyQ4uc1VrNuK/
https://blockchain.info/address/12wLQaz26TQxJzRo2RLch6KyQ4uc1VrNuK

You made a mistake when creating the payment forward which resulted in a wrong destination address. Because of a set of security measures we have in place, it's very difficult to unlock the funds to send to a different or corrected address. As we felt we could have caught this particular mistake, we offered a free plan for a month in return (for a $75 value). Not to mention that you had used our services completely for free prior to that.

Now you come back 9 months later, posting FUD online. Needless to say, you have far exceeded the limits of our patience.

There is a bug in your payment forwarding API. It doesn’t verify if a destination address or process fees address were filled out correctly.

It should not accept an API request if an address is not correct. And it should return an error message informing that the address is incorrect, instead of accepting the API request. It is a very simple verification that is causing users to lose funds.

My mistake was to add an extra white space to the destination address when I sent a payment forwarding API request.

No matter how difficult it is to unlock the funds, you have the private key to manually execute this transaction and forward the funds to the destination address 3FKHGT3nJjuPfzQNa31aCG3vHYBqN8oGYp.

Even though, the funds are still in this address 12wLQaz26TQxJzRo2RLch6KyQ4uc1VrNuK, you have the private key to this address. And instead of forwarding it back to me, you forced me to accept a paid plan that was unsolicited. As BitCoinDream mentioned above, you robbed the funds from me.

All I’m asking is that you forward the funds to the destination address 3FKHGT3nJjuPfzQNa31aCG3vHYBqN8oGYp. And you will also do good by fixing this bug.

Thank you
gukevi (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:34:18 PM

Thank you
Are u telling us that Blockcypher just captured some fund of yours and forced upgraded u to paid plan? That's scary! How much they have robbed from u?

U may like to create a scam accusation here with Tx details - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

Hi BitCoinDream,

Thanks for your advice! If I don't get the funds forwarded back to me, I will post this content in the scam accusations forum to let the community know how Blockcypher treat customers and how they deal with customers funds.

Thank you!
scriptologist

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:03:35 PM

Hi,

How can I send a token based on the transaction api via curl?

curl -sd '{"inputs":[{"addresses": ["add42af7dd58b27e1e6ca5c4fdc01214b52d382f"]}],"outputs":[{"addresses": ["884bae20ee442a1d53a1d44b1067af42f896e541"], "value": 4200000000000000}]}' https://api.blockcypher.com/v1/eth/main/txs/new?token=YOURTOKEN

Where do I put the token symbol or contract address?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Mark
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: