Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:23:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie creating a portfolio  (Read 2820 times)
MissEmVa (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:53:42 AM

Hello MissEmVa

I think you have a decent portfolio

a) Need to add BTC, you will need this finance purchases since most currencies trade vs BTC

b) Would not include Ripple, its already 9B market cap, hard to see appreciation here and the promoters own a very large share block which is an overhang

c) Consider adding a few small low market cap coins: Feathercoin, MusicCoin, Viacoin, Voxelus. These will be more volatile but you may earn higher returns here. 

Agree on the BTC, and pbb agree on Ripple as well Smiley

I will give this low market cap coins a look, only read a bit about viacoin atm..
MissEmVa (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:59:42 AM

I'd add SC to my list of investments if I were you. It's still cheap as hell and has a lot of potential to grow. Its developers are very active and you can see that in their subreddit. The fact that it's been around and has been listed on all major exchanges is helpful too. You can also mine some if you're into that and don't want to spend money directly.

Will get deeper into SC... You're not the first one mentioning this... What potential do you see in SC ?
MissEmVa (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:06:43 AM

I think Golem is the best one (least risky) and the most risky Verge (because it just shut up so much I just can't see that not going down at some point).

I'll watch good luck.

Agree on both!

I do think Factom is still a sleeping Giant !
MissEmVa (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:14:38 AM

I've been trading crypto for a few years and had zero prior trading experience... I make more money when I keep it simple. I suggest staying far away from Poloniex and use Bitfinex instead. Bitfinex currently has 8 coins... and that's all you need to make money.

Every month, I predict which 4 coins will gain the most ground within that month... that means I stick to one coin per week. I know people say don't put all your eggs in one basket, but I'm looking to pull off only 2 trades per week that yield massive profit. Last month was my most successful month. On May 1st, I had $50,000 in crypto... today I have $250,000.

I invested everything into LTC. Segwit pumped, then I dumped everything into ETC. BTCC pumped, then I sank everything into XRP. XRP pumped, then I dumped everything into ZEC. Yes, i did miss the Morgan Stanley pump. Oh well. Couple days ago I sank everything into XMR before that pumped. Then, went back into ZEC last night at 3 in the morning and made about $30k off this mornings pump. Sold at 0.11 BTC.

Bought about 1,000 ZEC at 0.1 BTC couple hours ago and think I'll sleep on that.

Be smart, do hours of research every day, and trade like you got balls.

Invest actively and trade passively.

Congratz sir!

I do don't think I'm the right person to do some daily or weekly trades... I would pbb let my emotions come to play Smiley

MnemonicInsomnia

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:43:53 AM

Thank you   Wink

Believe me, I've banged my head against the wall too many times from trading lol.
Flipped all my ZEC into XRP, hopefully it was the right move    Huh
Beeskee

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:03:56 PM

I've been trading crypto for a few years and had zero prior trading experience... I make more money when I keep it simple. I suggest staying far away from Poloniex and use Bitfinex instead. Bitfinex currently has 8 coins... and that's all you need to make money.

Every month, I predict which 4 coins will gain the most ground within that month... that means I stick to one coin per week. I know people say don't put all your eggs in one basket, but I'm looking to pull off only 2 trades per week that yield massive profit. Last month was my most successful month. On May 1st, I had $50,000 in crypto... today I have $250,000.

I invested everything into LTC. Segwit pumped, then I dumped everything into ETC. BTCC pumped, then I sank everything into XRP. XRP pumped, then I dumped everything into ZEC. Yes, i did miss the Morgan Stanley pump. Oh well. Couple days ago I sank everything into XMR before that pumped. Then, went back into ZEC last night at 3 in the morning and made about $30k off this mornings pump. Sold at 0.11 BTC.

Bought about 1,000 ZEC at 0.1 BTC couple hours ago and think I'll sleep on that.

Be smart, do hours of research every day, and trade like you got balls.

Invest actively and trade passively.

Very impressive, I wish I had that much to invest. XD

I'm finally getting back into messing with cryptocurrency again, this thread is great, thank you all. Smiley
malami

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:07:12 PM

Thank you   Wink

Believe me, I've banged my head against the wall too many times from trading lol.
Flipped all my ZEC into XRP, hopefully it was the right move    Huh

This is the biggest problem with trading, make a wrong move and you realize you should have just waited. On the other hand if you don't trade you bang your head for staying too long in a coin.

▬▬▬▬ Lendoit ▮ P2P Cross Border Lending ▮ Lendoit ▬▬▬▬
All You Need Is Loan ▰▰ Revolutionizing the Lending Industry
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[TGE on December 2017]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MnemonicInsomnia

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:23:29 PM

Funny story, I actually bought my first coin from the guy who created this website.
The year was 2014, 20 BTC for $400.
I remember it like it was yesterday.

I had way too much fun with those coins.

Anyway, 8 months later I bought 10 BTC for $1,000 and now here we are   Wink

AND YES, probably should've just waited and held onto them ZECkers.

Maybe next time.
Peace!
MissEmVa (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:25:17 PM

Ok... Little change into the portfolio Smiley

I have trade my verge for edgeless...

Beeskee

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:34:59 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 01:09:26 PM by Beeskee

Hah I tried to buy some when I first heard about it. in v0.3. XD It was too hot for me to CPU mine.

When the ASICs first came out, I mined up almost an entire bitcoin before the difficulty spiked.

Sadly I only have about 0.1 BTC to invest now.

Any suggestions for long-term holdings?

@MissEmVa - you might want to check out STEEM - https://steemit.com/ - the blockchain runs that site. Smiley
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:41:42 PM

It looks like a nice portfolio you have there. I'm going to look up on these coins and learn​. I thing €1250 is plenty to start off. S very nice amount. You could profit greatly. I think over the new few months and hopefully years these coins will pay off long term. Also add menero and Bitcoin itself. I know someone already said so I'm just reenforcing it.
MissEmVa (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:43:26 PM

Hah I tried to buy some when I first heard about it. in v0.3. XD It was too hot for me to CPU mine.

When the ASICs first came out, I mined up almost an entire bitcoin before the difficulty spiked.

@MissEmVa - you might want to check out STEEM - https://steemit.com/ - the blockchain runs that site. Smiley

Well... Steem...

That was the first coin I invested in, 100 off Steem.

Now... I messed it up :p

I noted my password on just a paper, I still have the paper though but it seems I made a mistake in writing it down... I already tried several of hundreds of combinations but I can't find to seem the right solution...

So I have Steem, I have an account on Steemit but I can't transfer the money.. Looks like I have paid some "learn money" to get familiar with crypto..

Lesson learned? Make back ups but not just on a single piece of paper witch can contain lots of human mistakes...

I'm still not giving up on the password but it seems like a mission impossible...

I didn't mention the Steem in my portfolio because I see it as lost Smiley

asonganyi

Activity: 474
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:46:40 PM

i see this means your in for a long term profit..
my take do not panic sell and do not give up .. just keep holding 90% of those coins will give you 100% profit in less than 6 months
good luck..
MissEmVa (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:52:47 PM

It looks like a nice portfolio you have there. I'm going to look up on these coins and learn​. I thing €1250 is plenty to start off. S very nice amount. You could profit greatly. I think over the new few months and hopefully years these coins will pay off long term. Also add menero and Bitcoin itself. I know someone already said so I'm just reenforcing it.

ty! I already broke the 1k mark in profits Smiley
stefek99

Activity: 233
Merit: 102

https://genesis.re

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 02:00:45 PM

Do you hold your coins on exchanges?

Or manage 10 different wallets / private keys / backups?

I've heard a phrase - if you keep coins on exchanges you don't really own it...

So I would like to know - also as a newbie creating portfolio - how to securely hold multiple coins?

Ideally one seed phrase used to generate all the private keys to various wallets - possible?

Genuinely curious how to securely store them.

So many passwords, backups, recovery phrases - very easy to get lost.

My questions is in the "newbie" territory that's why asking here.

Beeskee

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:11:25 PM

Well... Steem...

I noted my password on just a paper, I still have the paper though but it seems I made a mistake in writing it down... I already tried several of hundreds of combinations but I can't find to seem the right solution...

So I have Steem, I have an account on Steemit but I can't transfer the money.. Looks like I have paid some "learn money" to get familiar with crypto..

Lesson learned? Make back ups but not just on a single piece of paper witch can contain lots of human mistakes...

I'm still not giving up on the password but it seems like a mission impossible...

Ouch! I'm sorry you lost access! That said, it is controlled via a website with an email or facebook link or some kind of external connection. (It required facebook originally from what I understand but worked with just an email when I signed up)   So.. you may be able to recover or reset your steem account, if you still have access to whatever other account you used. You can also try contacting the devs directly - they do help reset things, for example when a user posts a private key publically (I almost did lol)

If this info helps, please remember me when you're rich. ;>

Re: storing many many altcoins: There are multi-coin wallets. Just be careful, watch for viruses and malware, etc. I could use suggestions for a good one.
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:21:09 PM

Humaniq  ? 
asonganyi

Activity: 474
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:44:19 PM

Well... Steem...

sorry  Sad Sad Sad for your lost but just do not give up as you rightly said
all will be well..
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:48:03 PM

Ok... Little change into the portfolio Smiley

I have trade my verge for edgeless...

I traded Verge for 1337.
We will see if it goes to the moon.
HubCoinDev

Activity: 116

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:04:16 PM

Hello!
Can you a bit explain, why you choose any coin for investment?

For example, I am prefer coins with strong, unique ideas.
Here are some that i like, and explanation why:

Augur - Decentralized prediction platform
MaidSafeCoin - Massive Array of Internet Disks, The SAFE network takes all the Internet services currently available today and decentralizes them
Dash -  First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency. Anonymouse transactions.
Monero - Anonymouse transactions.
Zcache - Anonymouse transactions, based on zero knowledge cryptography
Golem - accessible-to-everyone, distributed, supercomputer that reduces costs of scientific research
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: