Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:22:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-loaded bitcoin cards  (Read 720 times)
tysat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:12:41 AM

Warning: I'm just typing out thoughts right now, the idea is still in it's infancy... gotta record it somewhere and have people to bounce ideas off of.

I know someone is already making a card, https://i.imgur.com/FgnuS7G.jpg, so it's not a completely new idea.  My thought is to go legit with a business doing that, meaning register as a money transmitter or whatever else you have to do for FinCEN and all that other crap.

Does anyone know anything about getting registered/licensed for that (time, cost, etc)?  I've only done a little research into it so far and I'm just confused by it all.  Probably doesn't help that I'm slightly sleep deprived and hungover currently.

More to follow later, just the initial ideas down on 'paper' now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:25:57 AM

to add to this, Can you escape fincen rules, by using pre paid cards. Is selling a card considered selling a "Good" therefore bypassing selling your bitcoin for cash?
tysat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:36:04 AM

to add to this, Can you escape fincen rules, by using pre paid cards. Is selling a card considered selling a "Good" therefore bypassing selling your bitcoin for cash?

I'd thought about that, I doubt it's a "good".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: