Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:37:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointip!  (Read 805 times)
jaywaka2713 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:23:37 AM

We need a bitcointip feature on this forum, much like the one seen on Reddit. It would help important, knowledgeable members to provide their support/expertise with Bitcoin, and award real postings.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:33:32 AM

We need a bitcointip feature on this forum, much like the one seen on Reddit. It would help important, knowledgeable members to provide their support/expertise with Bitcoin, and award real postings.

You know for a month I was into this idea (cause Erik put up a bounty mostly), and even built a prototype, and as I was testing it on my own dev machine smf board, it look was so annoying. It is so much easier to put your address in your signature and have people just send it to there. I don't see it really having the same effect as reddit, the reddit bot is more of an ad for bitcoins and reddit doesn't have a signature place, then a practical useful tool on a forum of bitcoin people.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:37:15 AM

Dear OP,

Please look at the list of current threads before posting next time.... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194220.0 is currently 3 threads below yours in meta.

Sincerely,
Sick of people who can't read
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12985

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:48:19 AM

You know for a month I was into this idea (cause Erik put up a bounty mostly), and even built a prototype, and as I was testing it on my own dev machine smf board, it look was so annoying. It is so much easier to put your address in your signature and have people just send it to there. I don't see it really having the same effect as reddit, the reddit bot is more of an ad for bitcoins and reddit doesn't have a signature place, then a practical useful tool on a forum of bitcoin people.

Agreed. I doubt it'd be used much here. People very rarely tip signature addresses. It might be nice to have, but it's a very low priority.

I'd be fine with a bot, though it shouldn't post in topics, and I'm not going to allow posts consisting entirely of bot commands.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Logik

Activity: 315
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 12:41:31 AM

I'd be fine with a bot, though it shouldn't post in topics, and I'm not going to allow posts consisting entirely of bot commands.

That's a shame: IMO, a bot is most useful when triggered by commands in posts. Do you think you'd ever change your mind on that, or do you feel pretty strongly about it?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:20:43 AM

That's a shame: IMO, a bot is most useful when triggered by commands in posts. Do you think you'd ever change your mind on that, or do you feel pretty strongly about it?
I think theymos means that "+tip 0.25 btc" won't be allowed, but "Thanks for fixing my PHP script, +tip 0.25 btc" would be.
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:12:25 PM

I think there should be a button added to everyone's posts, and when you click the button, it allows you to silently tip a defined amount, and the receipt can be viewed in messages. That way there is no clutter, and it is efficient.

cadmium

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:00:07 PM

how's this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=201018.msg2098294

cointip bot https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=201018.0 Tip forum members with BTC / LTC / PPC / FTC
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:56:46 AM

I think there should be a button added to everyone's posts, and when you click the button, it allows you to silently tip a defined amount, and the receipt can be viewed in messages. That way there is no clutter, and it is efficient.
+1
I like the idea of easy tipping, but a bot would be way too noisy especially if it posts in topics like a normal user (as the reddit bot does).

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:56:57 PM

+1
I like the idea of easy tipping, but a bot would be way too noisy especially if it posts in topics like a normal user (as the reddit bot does).

It would be awesome if we could integrate cadmium's cointip bot, which already works, into a button. Check out his link above.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: