Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:34:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! Transaction not visible, have I used an old address? [SOLVED]  (Read 329 times)
pimpsv (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:43:02 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 09:29:38 AM by pimpsv

A transaction I made this morning is still not visible in Armory, whereas I do see the transaction in BitRef etc.

How is this possible? Is it possible that I sent it to an 'old'  address or so? Can u only use a bitcoin address once?

I have Armory installed en already made several transactions that are visible. The wallet works and is up to date, I have used the right address.

goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:25:41 PM

You would see the transaction regardless of the coins' destination since you are spending something at the very least. Did you do anything out of the ordinary after creating the transaction? Also post armorylog.txt. Use pastebin.

pimpsv (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:28:35 PM

Sorry for the unclearness: I made a transaction from another wallet to my Armory wallet. So I can see the transaction in the wallet I sent it, however I did not receive it in Armory.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:20:47 PM

How did you grab the receive address from Armory? What version are you using?

pimpsv (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:29:17 AM

The issue is solved by rebuilding and rescanning database. However note the following (for next users facing same problem or for developer purposes):

- I transferred to this exact address a couple of days ago. That transaction was visible in Armory. Now I understand it is better to use an other address for each transaction (for privacy's sake etc).
- At that time I grabbed the address in Armory by clicking on 'receive bitcoins'. However when I click that button now, another address pops up. Hence I was afraid that you can only use an address once or something. 
- I use version 0.96
- When Armory did not show the correct balance, Armory displayed no error whatsoever. Armory stated that she was online and fully synchronised. Bitcoin Core did too.

- Rebuild and rescan databases however solved the problem.

Goatpig many thanks for your swift response.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:48:40 PM

- At that time I grabbed the address in Armory by clicking on 'receive bitcoins'. However when I click that button now, another address pops up. Hence I was afraid that you can only use an address once or something. 

That's how it has always worked. The code cannot know that you have not used this address (or showed it to someone else) after you request it. Therefor it will always give you a new address when you click "Receive".

- When Armory did not show the correct balance, Armory displayed no error whatsoever. Armory stated that she was online and fully synchronised. Bitcoin Core did too.

Armory itself was most likely off sync. I could tell you if you show me dbLog.txt

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: