Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:17:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs altcoins, will they survive?  (Read 3962 times)
snowcrashed

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:04:21 AM

Of course they can, Bitcoin and Altcoins are the future's currencies, and it is considered as Gold so that they are not going to die so soon.
linkme

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:25:02 AM

At least for hundred of years later, they are the furure's money, I think they won't disappear until there a another way to sned payment online better than Bitcoin and altcoins
nod

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:27:24 AM

Of course they can, Bitcoin and Altcoins are the future's currencies, and it is considered as Gold so that they are not going to die so soon.
Of course yes, at least they will survive for a long time from now, people are going to use them very frequently so that they are not going to die
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:34:41 PM

people treat altcoins very differently. and there are a lot of newbies who fall for the hype.
for the rest you can't really say which one is right and which one is not, everyone should find what is best for them and stick to that strategy.
I personally believe that at this point in time none of the altcoins is worth holding for long term because I have not yet found any altcoin that I can be sure of its future.
There is always the chance that something bigger and better comes along, that is the risk with altcoins, but that does not happen overnight, if you are attentive, you will be able to spot this opportunities a mile away and you will be able to adjust your investments accordingly.
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:32:28 PM

Bitcoin has the capability to survive in the future, but not all altcoins can survive in the future.
But only those altcoins who build big community in this industry who will survive like eth, ltc, xem, maid, bay,
and waves.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:38:27 PM

There are now some people that are trying to convert all of their wealth from bitcoin and migrates it to another alt coin. They think that bitcoin will not solve its problem but I believe that it is going to be solved very soon. And besides bitcoin was already filtered by many problems before so I'm sure it will survive.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:47:33 PM

Bitcoin has the capability to survive in the future, but not all altcoins can survive in the future.
But only those altcoins who build big community in this industry who will survive like eth, ltc, xem, maid, bay,
and waves.
people recently really worry about the bitcoin transaction getting slow , the fee getting high but the price itself much help bitcoin to survive until today , otherwise bitcoin might could slowly disappear replaced by altcoin breakthrough with its technology. what i believe are the cryptocurrency world would live for a longer than people expected.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 04:39:55 AM

and waves.
people recently really worry about the bitcoin transaction getting slow , the fee getting high but the price itself much help bitcoin to survive until today , otherwise bitcoin might could slowly disappear replaced by altcoin breakthrough with its technology. what i believe are the cryptocurrency world would live for a longer than people expected.

The total value of more than 800 publicly traded cryptocurrencies and crypto assets pushed past $160 billion for the first time ever. As for most cryptocurrencies, I agree completely they will likely die out. It is usual that as 90 percent of businesses usually fail in the first few years, there is no reason to believe that coins have any difference. Bitcoin has the strongest community of all cryptocurrencies and also the most resilient. With the standard of measurement improving swiftly with infrastructures like ATMs, debit cards, hundreds of thousands of merchants, as the community getting stronger it will either become a universal payment system or simply a digital gold standard that stores value. I don't think Bitcoin is going to die. Better to know that where does it stop?

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:55:31 AM

There are now some people that are trying to convert all of their wealth from bitcoin and migrates it to another alt coin. They think that bitcoin will not solve its problem but I believe that it is going to be solved very soon. And besides bitcoin was already filtered by many problems before so I'm sure it will survive.
I'm also understand that, but when is that future become true? You need know we are using Bitcoin everyday for our business, if Bitcoin only have problem in one day, it still make us met many issue.
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 05:05:16 AM

I wonder what the general view is on this. It is obvious that having altcoins in the short term can be extremely profitable with amazing % increases. But it is probably not sustainable over the long term. Or can you actually put your money in altcoins and just let them sit there for the long term, like with Bitcoin and Etherium etc? Or should you always gradually move your short term profits from altcoins over to Bitcoin or Etherium to save for the very long term?

What are the views on the survival of the alctcoins? Say in the current top 50 list. Do you think they will still be prospering in 1-5-10 years? (granted of course that the whole marked would not crash completely a long with Bitcoin etc)

And by prospering I don't necessary mean they will be in the top 50. But at least that they will be worth more than they currently are.
Bitcoin has the potential to increase in price because it was the original cryptocurrency and it began the whole Altcoin trading thing so I am pretty sure that if Bitcoin drops from the #1 rank then the other Altcoin will have to pay homage to Bitcoin’s source code and the price of Bitcoin will place Bitcoin up on the #1 spot again.

The price of an Altcoin is usually moved due to the price of Bitcoin so why have it?

Because bitcoin costs 4k$, alt coin may be cents or few dollars.

You can make good profit by buying good amount of alt coin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███