Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:33:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs altcoins, will they survive?  (Read 3962 times)
LevshaK1

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:43:00 AM

We can see that crypto currency is getting more popular thus altlcoin and bitcoin is not making competition but they are making like a partnership so they can grow and survive foe the future years.
yes in future we will be mostly depending on crypto currencies. although i am sure that bitcoin will be number one crpyto currency, but still will be some more crypto currencies which will also contribute to facilitate us in future.

We can not be sure that they will live forever. In a few years they can create an even more sophisticated crypto currency that will replace them.

AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:47:41 AM

We can see that crypto currency is getting more popular thus altlcoin and bitcoin is not making competition but they are making like a partnership so they can grow and survive foe the future years.
yes in future we will be mostly depending on crypto currencies. although i am sure that bitcoin will be number one crpyto currency, but still will be some more crypto currencies which will also contribute to facilitate us in future.

We can not be sure that they will live forever. In a few years they can create an even more sophisticated crypto currency that will replace them.
Nobody can surely tell about future. Maybe in distant future cryptocurrencies go extinct or get more popular is certainly can't be said at present. But I believe that as for now bitcoin is gaining quite a lot popularity. Along with bitcoin other cryptocurrencies are also getting popular. This trend is not going to stop soon. So yeah they will survive. I don't see any threat to them at present.
Termin4tor

Activity: 404
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:59:22 AM

I believe ethereum is one of those few coins which has the biggest potential to grow big in the future. The fact that ethereum is being used in real world situations when compared to other altcoins shows the likely hood of it being a great competitor to bitcoin. Right now, Russia’s central bank has already deployed an Ethereum-based blockchain as a pilot project to process online payments and verify customer data. So I'm hoping ethereum to succeed rapidly.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:05:37 PM

I think bitcoin is the main coin in the world of cryptocoin, so it's worth it for you to keep for long

But when talking about other altcoins, even in the top 50, it does not guarantee that they are fit for long-term storage. It's better to do a quick exchange between altcoin-bitcoin, then store it in bitcoin form

Because for me altcoin will forever not be higher than bitcoin
Dimelord

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:14:08 PM

Bitcoin would survive because it delivers various features such as free from banking sector,fast transactions,etc.It has been the pioneer in crypto currency.It has gained trust in the past eight years all over the world.Its not easy to achieve.In future,demand for bitcoin would increase and there would be limited supply and hence it would be truly treated as digital gold.Some altcoins promise to deliver features which were not provided by bitcoins.For example,Monero and Zcash is mainly bought for its full anonymous nature.If altcoins have no additional features to deliver,they would gradually disappear in the long run.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:23:51 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin is a digital currency that will always be owned by everyone and will always be ranked highest. Bitcoin because it has many advantages and where we can play it correctly then all will give you many advantages. But it does need to be known, altcoins also has advantages but it should all be done in the right way. Because there are indeed some altcoin which only survives in a very short time. Everything depends on our analysis

fireball4

Activity: 288

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:24:54 PM

Well yeah, of course it is possible to create something bigger than the currencies we have right now. But just look at bitcoins, ethereum is way more complicated than bitcoins and have way more features. However, eth still has no possibilities to take over bitcoin as people are just convinced that btc is a better store of value so they chose to invest in it.
I believe ethereum is one of those few coins which has the biggest potential to grow big in the future. The fact that ethereum is being used in real world situations when compared to other altcoins shows the likely hood of it being a great competitor to bitcoin. Right now, Russia’s central bank has already deployed an Ethereum-based blockchain as a pilot project to process online payments and verify customer data. So I'm hoping ethereum to succeed rapidly.
The fact that it has tons of ico set on it at the moment can have a really terrible outcome on it. Just remember the dao tragedy that happened... They even split the coin into two, so who can be sure that it won't happen once again? Allowing everyone create on eth chain is kinda reckless because the one ico failing could have a terrible impact on the whole coin so I choose not to invest in it.

The only coin I am sure that is going to survive, remain in the first position and steadily grow is bitcoin. You can't trust any other coins because of various reasons as devs being scammers, mistakes left in code, and people losing interest in it. Also, if you want to invest in something else other than bitcoin I would advise to not do it for a really long term.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
[/table
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:26:31 PM

Bitcoin would survive because it delivers various features such as free from banking sector,fast transactions,etc.It has been the pioneer in crypto currency.It has gained trust in the past eight years all over the world.Its not easy to achieve.In future,demand for bitcoin would increase and there would be limited supply and hence it would be truly treated as digital gold.Some altcoins promise to deliver features which were not provided by bitcoins.For example,Monero and Zcash is mainly bought for its full anonymous nature.If altcoins have no additional features to deliver,they would gradually disappear in the long run.

Correct, bitcoin is now on its way to its huge success, bitcoin has been already embraced by other countries like Japan. If bitcoin survive before even though without this country or without the help or any big companies, bitcoin survived and is still surviving, so bitcoin would be the one who will survive if there would be a huge cleaning that is going to happen in the crypto world, all the shitcoins would be erased. Bitcoin is superior amongst all the Altcoins here in the crypto world.
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:28:17 PM

Rule of thumb - if you think that there is something about certain altcoin, while it is still cheap as dirt - simply buy it and wait. It is wise to spend $50-$100 on potentially profitable altcoins.
If you are not sure or don't trust altcoin market then just buy bitcoin and hold it, you can't go wrong with BTC. Just don't pay attention to FUD and drama.
PERtua

Activity: 303
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:42:39 PM

i believe that there are so many altcoins who will survuve over the time and has a great future. i have seen so many undervalued coins but looked at there prices now. try to look strat, xem for instance. especially strat. im playing that coin while its around 10k, but llok how high its price now. more 10x already.
unisilver

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:44:02 PM

Rule of thumb - if you think that there is something about certain altcoin, while it is still cheap as dirt - simply buy it and wait. It is wise to spend $50-$100 on potentially profitable altcoins.
If you are not sure or don't trust altcoin market then just buy bitcoin and hold it, you can't go wrong with BTC. Just don't pay attention to FUD and drama.

absolutely true.

we need to research first the potentail of the coin,
if you bought a coin while its cheap and you done with thorough research and sure that it has great potential then you will rep what you saw in the couple of months. best startegy then will be  then try to buy and forget. and wait it will more than tripple youe profit.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 03:53:51 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 05:06:11 PM by deisik

The facts show that many altcoins have died and can not last long, while bitcoin continues to survive and exist until now. Seeing this fact I can say that bitcoin is the winner, I do not know why, maybe because bitcoin is the first

There are more than a thousands alts in existence right now. Only a few have survived for more than 1 year, such as Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Namecoin, Novacoin.etc. 90% of them vanished even before completing 1 year. But there are certain altcoins, which have been in existence for more than 5 years now

And some of them still remain mostly a joke

I refer to Dogecoin obviously, though it is less than 4 years old as of yet. But I guess I can safely claim that, first, it will live up to 5 years old just like that, and, second, it will still remain only a joke. Kidding aside, in terms of volatility altcoins stand to Bitcoin in the same position as currency futures and options stand to the underlying (i.e. the currency itself). Major altcoins are futures, they are not as volatile as options (shit coins) and don't depreciate every day (like shit coins), but they are still more volatile than Bitcoin itself. Shit coins are just that, when their time comes they just vanish

machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:17:53 PM

For alt coin it is hard to predict some of them will survive but some of them will vanished, some of the alt coin especially top 10 got a big transaction volume, so it still can survive for a long time, but I dont like to invest in alt coin for a long term, playing it short is better because the price is unstable so I better play it safe
alexsamudra

Activity: 212

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:44:47 PM

All can survive because they have similarities, but I prefer the bitcoin that will last longer because bitcoin earlier than alcoins.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:53:40 PM

For alt coin it is hard to predict some of them will survive but some of them will vanished, some of the alt coin especially top 10 got a big transaction volume, so it still can survive for a long time, but I dont like to invest in alt coin for a long term, playing it short is better because the price is unstable so I better play it safe

Why do not you concentrate entirely on investment on the big altcoins list you wrote? They have the same potential as bitcoin, and the possibility of disappearing in the short term is very small. I assume altcoin is not bitcoin opponent in the aspect of volume, both are on different levels. But since I saw some altcoin like xrp already paired with jpy and cny, the potential of being a bitcoin strong competitor in the future is very wide open.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 04:57:17 PM

Some altcoins are platforms and have whole infrastructures built around them, like NXT, ARDOR, ETHEREUM, STRATIS etc so I think many of these good ones with new innovative technology will last alongside Bitcoin. Some good investment tokens and good altcoins will be good investments to hedge against fiat and so will survive with Bitcoin.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
imeetup

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:10:12 PM

Block chain technology won't ever go away. Crypto currencies will stay around in one form or the other. The current top 100 alt coins may look much different in a few years though... most of the big ones will still be around, some will diminish, new ones will come to the forefront.

favila

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:11:49 PM

Only the altcoins with real innovation can survive, that means 90% or more will need to die because the current market condition is unsustainable with almost every coin regardless of its worth getting pumped. Its a sign of a bubble forming and its when it bursts that only the truly special ones will survive.

jonosutio

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:34:14 PM

Bitcoin aka lasts longer than alcoins, because this bitcoin has its own advantages and earlier appears than the alcoins
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:41:19 PM

In my opinion they will survive. A lot of alt coin provide something that bitcoin doesn't have and they have a good community behind them just like bitcoin. The useful one will survive and the 'shitcoin'  will dead.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: