Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: need loan of .01 (collateral: .009 armory wallet)  (Read 1231 times)
Bluengold341 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:13:52 AM

to 19fyXv2BeKuydsTfHQiJhLXmuj3BFTGBfV

1. helps me build up credit because I like this site and see it has exchanges

2. new card coming in the mail so i can't buy any bitcoins without physically going into bank

can be lower amount this just makes transaction go through faster

asking for about a $5-$10 loan

and I will pay back .012 on a .01 loan

or we can do the wallet + .005 so ( .014 on a .01 loan) . I can send the wallet right away if anyone wants to do this and have the rest by daybreak tomorrow eastern standard time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:21:46 AM

to 19fyXv2BeKuydsTfHQiJhLXmuj3BFTGBfV

1. helps me build up credit because I like this site and see it has exchanges

2. new card coming in the mail so i can't buy any bitcoins without physically going into bank

can be lower amount this just makes transaction go through faster

asking for about a $5-$10 loan

and I will pay back .012 on a .01 loan

or we can do the wallet + .005 so ( .014 on a .01 loan) . I can send the wallet right away if anyone wants to do this and have the rest by daybreak tomorrow eastern standard time.
This sounds a lot like a scam to me.
Bluengold341 (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:26:21 AM

yea except how have you been posting here for that long and have negative reputation? how else am i suppose to build credit?
Continuous

Activity: 1064
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:00:09 AM

yea except how have you been posting here for that long and have negative reputation? how else am i suppose to build credit?

Build credit ... you really have no clue what you're talking about ..

Well, there's a reason why no one will grant you this loan, your collateral isn't enough.

Usually lenders around here require 120% of the loan value so you're out of luck, sorry.
Bluengold341 (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:07:07 AM

Well, there's a reason why no one will grant you this loan, your collateral isn't enough.

Usually lenders around here require 120% of the loan value so you're out of luck, sorry.

I do actually, the only way to build credit in the real world is to borrow money and pay it back in a timely manner. That's why people that have money in the bank to pay off all their bills apply for a credit card and pay their bills with that then their cc bill with their actual monies in whatever bank they use.

The whole DEFINITION of credit requires the key words "LEND" and "REPAY".

Anyways to me this is nothing time will tell me who to deal with here and who not to. I did offer 120% btw... .0012 for .001
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:25:33 AM

I would also not open any file that the OP sends you......there is the potential that any file the OP sends will contain malware.
Continuous

Activity: 1064
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:25:53 AM

I do actually, the only way to build credit in the real world is to borrow money and pay it back in a timely manner. That's why people that have money in the bank to pay off all their bills apply for a credit card and pay their bills with that then their cc bill with their actual monies in whatever bank they use.

The whole DEFINITION of credit requires the key words "LEND" and "REPAY".

Anyways to me this is nothing time will tell me who to deal with here and who not to. I did offer 120% btw... .0012 for .001

God ..

First of all you're asking for 0.01BTC and not 0.001BTC, I'm guessing you truly cannot understand the definition of collateral.

You are NOT offering 120%. You're offering a wallet with 0.009BTC for a 0.01BTC loan.

That's not 120%, I'm sorry if you can't do the Math but what you're going to send tomorrow (supposedly) can't be used as collateral lol.
Bluengold341 (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:40:15 AM

I gotcha, that IS why it's called a loan right? Anyways its like 8 more hours till bank opens and i'm about to sleep but ty
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:47:50 AM

This isnt a bank. You dont "build credit" here. People who use that term, especially for their first time getting a loan here clearly dont understand what goes on here AND would very likely default in the future (if you dont default now if someone ever gave you a loan). People lend out based on trust AND/OR if you have collateral that is atleast 120% of what youre asking. You dont built trust from loans alone. You build trust by contributing to the forum, and even then you will likely need valid collateral to get a loan. Banks usually go off of your payment history, and would lend out that way. Some may ask for collateral (eg security deposit), and some may not, but if you default, they will come after you. If you default with bitcoins, we wont be able to find you, and any information you ever do give would not be reliable to the lender. I would highly recommend you read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.0 and see the types of collateral that is valid, and either present something as such to us that can be secured by the lender or a trusted escrow, or lock this thread before you get a red flag by a DT.

EDIT: To add, a file isnt a valid collateral either because you still have access to it. You would need to send your coins to the lender or a trusted escrow, otherwise any file you do give would likely be a malware, or an empty wallet.
Bluengold341 (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:01:20 AM

This isnt a bank. You dont "build credit" here. People who use that term, especially for their first time getting a loan here clearly dont understand what goes on here AND would very likely default in the future (if you dont default now if someone ever gave you a loan). People lend out based on trust AND/OR if you have collateral that is atleast 120% of what youre asking. You dont built trust from loans alone. You build trust by contributing to the forum, and even then you will likely need valid collateral to get a loan. Banks usually go off of your payment history, and would lend out that way. Some may ask for collateral (eg security deposit), and some may not, but if you default, they will come after you. If you default with bitcoins, we wont be able to find you, and any information you ever do give would not be reliable to the lender. I would highly recommend you read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.0 and see the types of collateral that is valid, and either present something as such to us that can be secured by the lender or a trusted escrow, or lock this thread before you get a red flag by a DT.

EDIT: To add, a file isnt a valid collateral either because you still have access to it. You would need to send your coins to the lender or a trusted escrow, otherwise any file you do give would likely be a malware, or an empty wallet.

Thanks, I get it, this isn't the bank it's the internet and no one trusts anybody. I am genuinely new (about 2 months now using btc) and am still learning the best methods on how to buy and sell and in general how transactions work.

I do understand what collateral is but how would you prove you have something of value? I just wanted to play a few hands of poker before I went to bed and I have bitcoins tied up in other transactions... I use LBC for all of my actual BTC trading from what i've seen LBC works kinda like this forum does but with less options because your trading personally with a trader/broker on there as well so why not buy directly from someone.

If you look at my post history and other posts, I AM looking to buy BTC at a reasonable rate and want to use blockchain as escrow. ID/phone number/social/pictures would have to be verified just like on LBC
condoras
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103

This is what I do. I drink and I know things.

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:54:04 AM

Thanks, I get it, this isn't the bank it's the internet and no one trusts anybody. I am genuinely new (about 2 months now using btc) and am still learning the best methods on how to buy and sell and in general how transactions work.

I do understand what collateral is but how would you prove you have something of value? I just wanted to play a few hands of poker before I went to bed and I have bitcoins tied up in other transactions... I use LBC for all of my actual BTC trading from what i've seen LBC works kinda like this forum does but with less options because your trading personally with a trader/broker on there as well so why not buy directly from someone.

If you look at my post history and other posts, I AM looking to buy BTC at a reasonable rate and want to use blockchain as escrow. ID/phone number/social/pictures would have to be verified just like on LBC

1. Choose what you want. To trade or to play poker?! Both of them though is NOT a way to gain trust here.
2. If you want to know how transactions work (?), read and educate yourself. Best way by far...
3. OFC nobody trust noone, that's why Collateral is a "must". Papewrwork is near to useless here, so no need to discuss this.
4. Blockchain as...Escrow? For what? A Loan?!....
5. At LBC, you do exactly what you describe. Direct trade of BTC from one member to another. So you "came" here to do the same?
Besides, you want a Loan, not to trade...
6. For me the best thing that you can do is to offer something Valid as Collateral (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.msg6311902#msg6311902).
If you don't have something, just lock this Thread of yours. You will be saved from a lot of...trouble. Wink

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Bluengold341 (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:01:26 AM

I came here to be educated on the methodology and general economy of bitcoins. If you look at my post history all of them within my first few weeks/months? of joining was about bitcoin armory and transactions.

Yes you guys are right, when I saw other people's posts I maybe thought that there was some way to verify or something but I know for every one honest person there are hundreds of people wanting to make a quick buck.

This was an entirely frivolous request on my part but at least I was honest about it I think any mod will see that if they view my post history and what I've been saying. I'm just a middle-class guy with a fairly good education (4+ year university B.S) who wants to learn more about this growing world and it's possibilities.

As a student of the life (medical/human anatomy) sciences I found this person's analogy of bitcoin's growth to that of bacteria intriguing but still lacking in substance.

If it should reach that point that you have stated which is likely possible although not in the short term looking at beyond 10 years, then what will happen is the price of bitcoin would have increased as much as 100folds to what we have now  and that alone does not mean countries will accept bitcoin as a form of currency as those who won't adopt won't still adopt and at the same time, it will not replace fiat.

Ok. I like your response. I'm not sure it would take 10 years to get to $80.9 trillion USD. I think it will take less.

And why do you think it will take less?
A 2000x increase in price from 2000$ is not like a 2000x increase from 1$.

From where will all those trillions to back the price up to those levels come?

Already the jumps are smaller and smaller in terms of percentage I highly doubt it cant even force myself to believe it will reach 30mils/btc in less than 10 years...

I think it (the market cap. getting to 80.9 Billion USD) will take less because there is a "learning curve" associated with using Bitcoin.

I've been eyeballing and analyzing the year, monthly, etc.. interest rate. I understand there was a steep curve at first, but Bitcoin is now transitioning in the upward direction.

In the biological sciences, there is something called a doubling rate. This relates mostly to bacteria and other microorganisms. Bitcoin is like a biological pathogen (coinmap.org) in that it has an epidemological aspect to it (it's growing like a biological organism). The doubling rate is getting faster (4 months now?).

The interest rates are going to be ridiculous (up and away). Social change is going to be ridiculous. I've read the power behind it is greed (I'll argue people want to see changes THIS--right here and now--lifetime). As such, the here-and-now desire for social change is propelling Bitcoin. Given that there is so much technological output (ability to track how this thing is moving), it's growing at a very popular rate now.

Society is learning to use Bitcoin. Simple as that.

From my background in studying psychology and learning, it appears that the curve is taking the form of a learning curve, whereby exponential learning is occurring: Market psychology--people are taking to Bitcoin. Also, the methodology that Bitcoin uses is pretty legit and works with the law of entropy: The thing is that the whole system resides on Earth making it really easy to manage.

Furthermore, I've read of Bitcoin fitting onto an S-curve (source: http://woobull.com/woos-law-of-bitcoin-user-growth-bitcoins-adoption-curve/).

Bitcoin isn't moving like a stock market ticker. It's kind of like a stock but only a very, very, very small amount.

I wonder how can Bitcoin reduce national debt? If a government does not adopt it or take advantage of the opportunities it brings?

I'm looking into this issue. Not many people are talking about it.
So far, I've been looking at the Federal Reserve print orders and looking for statistically significant decreases in print order value: https://www.federalreserve.gov/paymentsystems/coin_currency_orders.htm
https://www.federalreserve.gov/paymentsystems/coin_data.htm

image: https://www.federalreserve.gov/paymentsystems/files/coin_calprint.jpg

The amount of national currency to be printed for a print-order should decrease each year (this is in relation to the U.S. national-level understanding), for what I understand, because Bitcoin is supposed to get rid of inflation, thus increase deflation, thus cause less money to be printed out until Bitcoin replaces that form of currency. If you look at 2009 to now, it appears that on average the value of money to be printed has decreased.
Bluengold341 (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:15:40 AM

Thanks for the advice btw.. one of the more interesting exchanges i've seen is someone offer up bitcoins for a retainer agreement for some type of business/litigation attorney, another one was the legal implications of claiming taxes/depositing funds into more traditional banks when some/most of your earnings come from BTC.

My question is how safe IS providing your bona fides (ID/Picture/Background) on here?
condoras
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103

This is what I do. I drink and I know things.

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:04:57 AM

I came here to be educated on the methodology and general economy of bitcoins. If you look at my post history all of them within my first few weeks/months? of joining was about bitcoin armory and transactions.

Yes you guys are right, when I saw other people's posts I maybe thought that there was some way to verify or something but I know for every one honest person there are hundreds of people wanting to make a quick buck.

This was an entirely frivolous request on my part but at least I was honest about it I think any mod will see that if they view my post history and what I've been saying. I'm just a middle-class guy with a fairly good education (4+ year university B.S) who wants to learn more about this growing world and it's possibilities.

As a student of the life (medical/human anatomy) sciences I found this person's analogy of bitcoin's growth to that of bacteria intriguing but still lacking in substance.

If it should reach that point that you have stated which is likely possible although not in the short term looking at beyond 10 years, then what will happen is the price of bitcoin would have increased as much as 100folds to what we have now  and that alone does not mean countries will accept bitcoin as a form of currency as those who won't adopt won't still adopt and at the same time, it will not replace fiat.

Ok. I like your response. I'm not sure it would take 10 years to get to $80.9 trillion USD. I think it will take less.

Already the jumps are smaller and smaller in terms of percentage I highly doubt it cant even force myself to believe it will reach 30mils/btc in less than 10 years...

I think it (the market cap. getting to 80.9 Billion USD) will take less because there is a "learning curve" associated with using Bitcoin.

I've been eyeballing and analyzing the year, monthly, etc.. interest rate. I understand there was a steep curve at first, but Bitcoin is now transitioning in the upward direction.

In the biological sciences, there is something called a doubling rate. This relates mostly to bacteria and other microorganisms. Bitcoin is like a biological pathogen (coinmap.org) in that it has an epidemological aspect to it (it's growing like a biological organism). The doubling rate is getting faster (4 months now?).

The interest rates are going to be ridiculous (up and away). Social change is going to be ridiculous. I've read the power behind it is greed (I'll argue people want to see changes THIS--right here and now--lifetime). As such, the here-and-now desire for social change is propelling Bitcoin. Given that there is so much technological output (ability to track how this thing is moving), it's growing at a very popular rate now.

From my background in studying psychology and learning, it appears that the curve is taking the form of a learning curve, whereby exponential learning is occurring: Market psychology--people are taking to Bitcoin. Also, the methodology that Bitcoin uses is pretty legit and works with the law of entropy: The thing is that the whole system resides on Earth making it really easy to manage.

Furthermore, I've read of Bitcoin fitting onto an S-curve (source: http://woobull.com/woos-law-of-bitcoin-user-growth-bitcoins-adoption-curve/).

Bitcoin isn't moving like a stock market ticker. It's kind of like a stock but only a very, very, very small amount.

I wonder how can Bitcoin reduce national debt? If a government does not adopt it or take advantage of the opportunities it brings?

So far, I've been looking at the Federal Reserve print orders and looking for statistically significant decreases in print order value: https://www.federalreserve.gov/paymentsystems/coin_currency_orders.htm

The amount of national currency to be printed for a print-order should decrease each year (this is in relation to the U.S. national-level understanding), for what I understand, because Bitcoin is supposed to get rid of inflation, thus increase deflation, thus cause less money to be printed out until Bitcoin replaces that form of currency. If you look at 2009 to now, it appears that on average the value of money to be printed has decreased.

Well, i'm glad that you want to learn more both human nature and BTC mechanism/organism.
For the first part (human nature), i have already 3 degrees and i'm still...learning "humans"! So, i think it's better to discuss it elsewhere. Very long story the sapiens... Grin
For the second, the only thing i can say for sure, is that i'm honoured to be a very small part of it. That i can see it and understand the fundamental principle.
BTCE FREE!, BTCE TRUE!, BTCE YOU!

Their "money" born from Debt, this IS the truth. Why? Because that it suits them. It's NOT our choise. We didn't have any until BTC was born (thank you Satoshi wherever you are my "friend",respect...)
So NOW we can choose that we don't want a monetary system based on debt.
We don't need poverty, wars, hunger, pollution, debts, just to...create something that we don't even control it. We don't need it!

BTC is not bacteria or any other microorganism. It's a cure and spreads like one. When you "take" BTC pill, your eyes can open and see. No more blindless, no strings attached. You OWN what you have and noone can't take it from you. You have your keys, you have what is there. Period.

Yes, i admit it. I'm fanatic with crypto, i will never give my BTC. They are priceless and mine. Cool

Ofc that's not the appropriate place to post this, we are not here to discuss about BTC.
You asking a Loan that, if you want someone to fill it, you need to offer something Valid as Collateral.
Otherwise you need to lock this Thread. Good luck whatever you deside...                                                                                                                                                        

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Bluengold341 (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 08:27:20 AM

Well, i'm glad that you want to learn more both human nature and BTC mechanism/organism.
For the first part (human nature), i have already 3 degrees and i'm still...learning "humans"! So, i think it's better to discuss it elsewhere. Very long story the sapiens... Grin
For the second, the only thing i can say for sure, is that i'm honoured to be a very small part of it. That i can see it and understand the fundamental principle.
BTCE FREE!, BTCE TRUE!, BTCE YOU!

Their "money" born from Debt, this IS the truth. Why? Because that it suits them. It's NOT our choise. We didn't have any until BTC was born (thank you Satoshi wherever you are my "friend",respect...)
So NOW we can choose that we don't want a monetary system based on debt.
We don't need poverty, wars, hunger, pollution, debts, just to...create something that we don't even control it. We don't need it!

BTC is not bacteria or any other microorganism. It's a cure and spreads like one. When you "take" BTC pill, your eyes can open and see. No more blindless, no strings attached. You OWN what you have and noone can't take it from you. You have your keys, you have what is there. Period.

Yes, i admit it. I'm fanatic with crypto, i will never give my BTC. They are priceless and mine. Cool

Ofc that's not the appropriate place to post this, we are not here to discuss about BTC.
You asking a Loan that, if you want someone to fill it, you need to offer something Valid as Collateral.
Otherwise you need to lock this Thread. Good luck whatever you deside...                                                                                                                                                        

I'm not worried about it bro it was a stupid move on my part and totally unnecessary, what scares me is that btc just makes one of my biggest vices (gambling) all that much easier. I'll just buy it myself in the future, i'm now more into the actual trading portion of the forum and was wondering how reliable most of the mods are at escrow as well as the users are about releasing on time or just in their integrity of the average user in general
Bluengold341 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:37:24 AM

Guys this was pure ignorance on my part.. and i got -rep? LOOK AT MY HISTORY does it even seem like I know how to upload a virus or whatever the hell you think that is.. looking back yes i could have just given paper wallet but really? this deserves negative rep? At least teh mods here are diligent
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:05:20 AM

Guys this was pure ignorance on my part.. and i got -rep? LOOK AT MY HISTORY does it even seem like I know how to upload a virus or whatever the hell you think that is.. looking back yes i could have just given paper wallet but really? this deserves negative rep? At least teh mods here are diligent

You seriously dont understand do you?
Bluengold341 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:15:51 AM

whatever I'll deal with the consequences.. my question is how do i offer up physical collateral when i'm not physically there. I should have put up paper wallet.. i get that.. Im also ready to put up my ray bans, my id and my picture/id as collateral
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:24:25 AM

whatever I'll deal with the consequences.. my question is how do i offer up physical collateral when i'm not physically there. I should have put up paper wallet.. i get that.. Im also ready to put up my ray bans, my id and my picture/id as collateral
Just put a disclaimer that you are from this country/state and you are willing to use an item as a collateral so if anyone within the area noticed your post they may fund your loan but you have to accept the terms and conditions set by the lender. It's very seldom that lenders here accepts physical collateral. ID's with your picture is not a valid collateral.
Bluengold341 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:28:20 AM

Just put a disclaimer that you are from this country/state and you are willing to use an item as a collateral so if anyone within the area noticed your post they may fund your loan but you have to accept the terms and conditions set by the lender. It's very seldom that lenders here accepts physical collateral. ID's with your picture is not a valid collateral.

will u mods plz put my trust rating at neutral if i pay it back? I guess my mistake was not offering collateral and yea sending an online file from some random guy in a web forum always seems suspicious

as online collateral I have a 10+ year steam account (6dig cs-go steamid) with SKYRIM, CSGO AND GTA5, among a few other obscure games... these games at 50% are still worth at least $30-40 BTC in total

I'd be asking for more than .01 ofc and at a lower interest rate if i could escrow my account
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: