Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:47:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Federal regulation of BTC  (Read 211 times)
Bluengold341 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:42:23 AM

From what I've read so far this would drive up the price drastically would it not? So I've been getting an education on BTC recently and I remember reading that if a huge government like the U.S were to actually try to write legislation in regards to BTC's and taxation, regulation, litigation, reliable verification (if possible) that this would make the public's confidence in this type of currency "skyrocket". I'm sure this particular user might have been exaggerating but interest from any MASSIVE organization/corporation/government in obtaining/regulating/refining this type of currency will only be a good thing for bitcoin holders right?

I've also read another poster state that bitcoin's initial (and possibly continued) stalling of worth is due to that of the learning curve associated with using the currency as well as him comparing the growth of value to that of an S-shaped, double-growth curve as seen in some types of bacteria. This is one of the more speculative things I've read but how much truth is there to all of this?

In the end bitcoin seems to mostly be used for darkweb or gambling type of activities for the majority of the laymen out there such as myself who don't work in fields like the computing sciences or IT and don't want to go through the trouble of using a bunch of different fail-safes to access their funds when US/EURO/other world exchange currencies are federally insured not to mention your holdings within a bank. And at the end of the day no matter how valuable and robust a currency like bitcoin is it still doesn't beat hard EQUITY like titles, deeds, property, holdings, i.e: tangible property such as a house or a car.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: