Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A questions about fixing the first post in the topic and about BB-codes panel  (Read 479 times)
G.Butrik (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 350

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:34:42 AM

Good afternoon, Dear Developers!
I wanted to ask something - is it possible to implement the Forum this little mod that will make it easier to read any of the topics which we have?

[TopFirstPost] - Mod allows you to consolidate (to stick) the first message on all pages of any topic.
https://www.simplemachines.ru/index.php?topic=1915.0

Because right now, many people (including me) have a problems with that, it's hard to find some information inside the topic and first post only on first page of the topic, which is very inconvenient...
I sincerely hope that You will understand our problem and will be able to improve the code of the Forum, using this handy mod Smiley

P.S.: One more question - why do I see buttons for BB-codes only in the extended form of the answer?
Is it possible to make visible the BB-codes in a quick reply form? Well, or at least the main ones (bold text, insert picture, text color, text size).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 07:48:44 AM

Good afternoon, Dear Developers!
I wanted to ask something - is it possible to implement the Forum this little mod that will make it easier to read any of the topics which we have?

[TopFirstPost] - Mod allows you to consolidate (to stick) the first message on all pages of any topic.
https://www.simplemachines.ru/index.php?topic=1915.0

Because right now, many people (including me) have a problems with that, it's hard to find some information inside the topic and first post only on first page of the topic, which is very inconvenient...
I sincerely hope that You will understand our problem and will be able to improve the code of the Forum, using this handy mod Smiley

P.S.: One more question - why do I see buttons for BB-codes only in the extended form of the answer?
Is it possible to make visible the BB-codes in a quick reply form? Well, or at least the main ones (bold text, insert picture, text color, text size).

I don't expect this to happen... Since a couple of years, there is an ongoing development for a replacement of SMF. Money was raised and epochtalk is currently running in beta here: https://beta.bitcointalk.org/
I don't think the admin will do a lot of modding for the current SMF, since the plan still seems to be to move to epochtalk (altough nobody seems to know when this will happen). Also, AFAIK, Theymos has manually modded SMF's sourcecode, so there isn't any guarantee that the mod will work.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
G.Butrik (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:19:17 PM

It will be very sad, if they not even going to listen me.
I believe that it is not difficult to add a few lines of code while we are waiting (and very long time, by the way) new Forum...
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 06:02:26 AM

---
Afaik, Currently there is no way to enable those button in the quick reply form. But as you want to use the formatting, you can still manually type the bbcode for bold, image, text,... respectively.
It's not hard to type ~10 characters and the codes are easy to remember !

as mocacinno said, don't expect the features to be implemented on SMF.
Though you may post about it in the "New Forum Software" board.

G.Butrik (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:34:25 AM

Is it possible somehow to know if there any sense of hope that the Administrators of this Forum can just see topic?
Because it seems to me that the topic remains simply ignored for now...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: