Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 08:39:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Problem] Compiling Litecoin on Mac  (Read 1689 times)
BitcoinBoard (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 09:31:26 AM

Hello,

I am trying to compile Litecoin-Qt on my mac, but everytime I do this I get the error in my Qt Creator: QtGui/QMenu not found.

Because of these errors I am not able to open litecoin, thus I can not compile it correctly. How did you guys overcome this problem? I have installed everything (boost etc) so it should work, but sadly it doesnt.

Any help?

Bitcoin (BTC) Adress: 1EJMCFdJMsNmp9jtSztnwu9yErRj1KAATc
Litecoin (LTC) Adress: LiTakTnY9Qv71GqQbpGpEbN39e5aQyqLGX
BitcoinBoard (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 09:44:53 AM

FYI: the errors seem to come from the macdockiconhandler.mm file which has the following lines which cause the error:

#include <QtGui/QMenu>
#include <QtGui/QWidget>

If I remove them completely I am stuck with another 10+ errors so thats not handy to do.

Any suggestions?

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 09:48:06 AM

Yes removing #include's is not generally something that will help - most likely you are either missing these or they are not in your "include path".

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
BitcoinBoard (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 09:49:36 AM

Yes removing #include's is not generally something that will help - most likely you are either missing these or they are not in your "include path".

How could I miss them? I downloaded the whole source code directly from the official Litecoin git which is also linked to at litecoin.org..

Is there a way to download these files seperately? Can't find them on the litecoin git aswell, so why are they even included?

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 09:52:30 AM

Qt is a separate project to Bitcoin so if you haven't installed it separately then you are not likely to get very far with creating a Qt app (the console daemon should be fine though - and being a fan of console UI I would suggest forget the Qt stuff and just learn to use a console).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

BitcoinBoard (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 09:56:24 AM

Qt is not a seperate project, and I should be able to compile it using the source code provided on Github. Im now very curious why I'm not able to compile while others obviously can.

Oh, and we are not talking about Bitcoin-Qt, but Litecoin-Qt

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 10:04:05 AM

I think you might want to try and Google "Qt" to find out what it actually is (and it is the same thing whether Bitcoin or Litecoin).

Smiley

BitcoinBoard (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 10:07:17 AM

I think you might want to try and Google "Qt" to find out what it actually is (and it is the same thing whether Bitcoin or Litecoin).

Smiley

Yes mate I know what it is and does but I am trying to solve a problem here. No need to act all smart and stuff, just try to help if you can. I wouldn't post this question on the forums if I hadn't did my research correctly but this problem is actually one that many Mac users experience (have talked and expirimented with a few of them). If we are able to solve this problem a lot of people can refer to this thread for a fix.

Thanks

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Qt is not a seperate project

So still sticking by this statement then?

BitcoinBoard (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 10:15:40 AM

Qt is not a seperate project

So still sticking by this statement then?

What I meant is that Qt Creater is just a compiler to create the Litecoin-Qt application from the source code provided on Github. My actual question is why it gives these errors which I pointed out in the OP, and why other people were able to compile the Qt client succesfully.

What did they do that me and lots of other people didn't do? Did I miss anything from the instructions which I have read over and over. Searched the forums for all different guides, tried them all, spent my whole saturday yesterday to try to compile it, but I'm still stuck. I hope that you or anyone else can help me, so we finally have a permanent fix as this is the most common problem where a lot of people are stuck when they are compiling.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 10:19:12 AM

And what I have been trying to suggest to you is that maybe you need Qt installed in order to create a Qt GUI application.

If that is trying to "act smart and all that" then I guess I will just leave you to it.

BitcoinBoard (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 10:23:18 AM

And what I have been trying to suggest to you is that maybe you need Qt installed in order to create a Qt GUI application.

If that is trying to "act smart and all that" then I guess I will just leave you to it.

Mate, I have already installed Qt. I seriously appreciate your help but I said exactly this on my OP:

"but everytime I do this I get the error in my Qt Creator: QtGui/QMenu not found"

and Im sorry if you feel like I have attacked you, as it was not my intention to hurt your feelings or anything like that. I'm just trying to solve this error here and I hope I could get some help from anyone on here.

Thanks Smiley

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 10:26:46 AM

Mate, I have already installed Qt. I seriously appreciate your help but I said exactly this on my OP:

If you read my original reply then you'll see I asked you whether the Qt stuff is in your "include path" - is it?

(as you didn't answer that I assumed you hadn't even installed Qt as your OP said nothing about it)

BitcoinBoard (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 10:31:15 AM

If you read my original reply then you'll see I asked you whether the Qt stuff is in your "include path" - is it?

(as you didn't answer that I assumed you hadn't even installed Qt as your OP said nothing about it)

How would I do that? Im guessing I need to add INCLUDEPATH += to my litecoin-qt.pro file? And what exactly needs to be included?

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 10:35:59 AM

And what exactly needs to be included?

Clearly the following (from your own post):

#include <QtGui/QMenu>
#include <QtGui/QWidget>

I do not have a Mac and haven't played with Qt myself so I can't probably be of much more help here - but for sure you need the "include path" to include the QtGui path.

Probably best to check your compiler documentation about that (the "include path" and "library path" are standard things for most if not all C++ compilers).

Mainbrain

Activity: 194

BaiQi

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 09:08:28 AM

the same problem,someone can solve it. Huh Huh

Show me your Bitcoin address.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: