Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:11:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud Mining BTC to support UASF-SegWit-BIP148  (Read 560 times)
Tusk (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:54:10 AM

I would like to support BIP148 UASF to activate SegWit

If miners aren't going to support innovation by continually blocking SegWit to the point of cannibalizing BTC, then the BTC ecosystem has become a scam. I support UASF to prevent the Bretton Woods take over of Bitcoin.  For BTC to succeed miners must be service providers and not become tollgate operators.

As mining has become so specialized I was thinking that the best way to do this would be to cloud mine with a company that supports UASF-SegWit-BIP148. I know that cloud mining is not the most profitable way to approach mining but for the purpose of supporting UASF I don't care if its not profitable, I view it as a user voluntary tax to support UASF.

I would like to know if something like this is already offered by a cloud mining operation and hear others views. Thanks.

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 11:57:14 AM

If miners aren't going to support innovation by continually blocking SegWit to the point of cannibalizing BTC, then the BTC ecosystem has become a scam. I support UASF to prevent the Bretton Woods take over of Bitcoin.  For BTC to succeed miners must be service providers and not become tollgate operators.

As mining has become so specialized I was thinking that the best way to do this would be to cloud mine with a company that supports UASF-SegWit-BIP148. I know that cloud mining is not the most profitable way to approach mining but for the purpose of supporting UASF I don't care if its not profitable, I view it as a user voluntary tax to support UASF.

I would like to know if something like this is already offered by a cloud mining operation and hear others views. Thanks.

I don't know if already exists, but if not, you can always rent some hashrate directly from sites like miningrigrentals.com, and point it to a pool supporting whatever you want to support Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tusk (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:01:44 PM

I don't know if already exists, but if not, you can always rent some hashrate directly from sites like miningrigrentals.com, and point it to a pool supporting whatever you want to support Wink

Thanks will look at that

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
dady12

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:34:44 PM

how profitable is it to rent hashrate? can you please emphasize on that?
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:17:29 PM

If miners aren't going to support innovation by continually blocking SegWit to the point of cannibalizing BTC, then the BTC ecosystem has become a scam. I support UASF to prevent the Bretton Woods take over of Bitcoin.  For BTC to succeed miners must be service providers and not become tollgate operators.

how profitable is it to rent hashrate? can you please emphasize on that?

From what i have expierenced it is not profitable at all to rent hash. When Cex was doing that it was terrible. The price per ghash you have to pay always goes up because difficulty goes up every 7 to 10 days.

So if you have 30Gigahash lets say this week and had to pay 10 btc for it, in 7 to 10 days difficulty goes up 25%. So now your 30Gigahash gets you 25% less rewards. You always need to continuqlly buy more hash.

Then on top of that your 30Gigahash that was worth 10btc is now worth 7.5btc because difficulty increased 25percent.

Not worth long term. Maybe for a day or two then sell your shares and get out before it crashes at each difficulty increase.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: