Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:16:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another relative noob long term portfolio  (Read 489 times)
lelouchzero (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:58:42 PM

Long story short I decided to take the past couple years to pursue an Olympic dream.  Spent my life savings on it (ROI: -150k haha) but I left myself with a bit of money to not touch until it's all over. The olympic​s are coming up and I'm wanting to put together something to just check after the games. I already made a pickup of ripple and I'll hold that for a long while but was thinking about setting and leaving what i picked up yesterday when I invested into the exchanges
15% bitbay
35% waves
20-25% btc
32% is tied up right now in xrp

I also have the opportunity to invest in a couple of ico or other coins. I'm okay with risk, I think a year-term trend in cryptos is bullish given the increased awareness and development and adoption. Any thoughts? Maybe something I missed?
Maybe something like Satoshi Pie fund that takes 10% but is actively managed by someone much more knowledgeable?
Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:01:37 PM

Ethereum is one of the safest bets you can make right now for the long term.
dercvt

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:07:49 PM

I agree

ETH is a very good choice for longterm investment.
my second big invest is WAVES. I expect (hope) ~10 - 15$ by end of year 2017

*fingers crossed*
Bigzilla

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:26:32 PM

You think Ethereum is the safest bet after this huge pump? Ethereum could explode anytime soon.
thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:12:36 PM

You think Ethereum is the safest bet after this huge pump? Ethereum could explode anytime soon.

Yeah I think its a safe longterm bet, thats why I wrote it. Any of this could explode anytime soon, you could have made the same argument this time last month when it jumped from $80 to almost $200 in a few days. New money is building this floor and it hasn't found level ground yet. That combined with all the ethereum based icos generating its own ecosystem ethereum is going to stick around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: