Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:24:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Testing out EnerBot...  (Read 1136 times)
ChinaCoiner (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:17:34 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 03:28:38 AM by ChinaCoiner

bot-trader from Energizer

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148443.msg1575845#msg1575845

Apparently I can't post my results there yet , since I'm a newb. So I'll start here...

I was very pleased with how it worked and my first couple trading sessions. Here's my first 24 hour trading result...

-----------------------[tradable amount]-----------------------
         tradable buy amount @ market price: 0.00000
        tradable sell amount @ market price: 0.00000
             tradable buy amount for orders: 0.00000
            tradable sell amount for orders: 0.00000
---------------------------------------------------------------
                [orders] 201  buy: 52  sell: 149
    [in] 20.11859 BTC [cost] 2340.78166 USD [avrPrice] 116.34919 USD
   [out] 11.77121 BTC [cost] 1448.01156 USD [avrPrice] 123.01298 USD
[Profit] 65.47993 USD [avarage BTC traded per mint] 0.02483 BTC

I felt I was doing well on the second trading session, but ran into a bit of glitch and haven't been able to get it working again properly...

Currently testing out customer service, "after the sale". If there's any interest, I'll let you know how that works out, if it turns out to be good. If there's no interest, I'll still let you know how it works out, if it turns out to be bad....  Wink

UPDATE: Engerizer got me a new version on a Sunday night. Seems the previous version got Goxed by an api change. I'm a happy camper, more testing next week. I'll put a proper review in Energizer's announcement thread after I get a few more trading sessions in.... 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ChinaCoiner (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:04:45 PM

Oh, and since I need to work up post count, and testing bot-traders anyway. Anybody else find anything that seems to be successful?
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:11:33 PM

Anybody else find anything that seems to be successful?

I am testing the Gox Trading Bot
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gox-trading-bot/iejmifigokhpcgpmoacllcdiceicmejb
from about 3 weeks: in the first 2 I lost 20% of my investment, then it recovered all the losses and I am now up 10%.
But I am now using personalized triggers, not the default ones.
ChinaCoiner (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:22:21 PM

That looks interesting, but Enerbot is a lot more trick than just trading on the moving averages. You can make money on all the waves in-between the moving average crosses. Well, at least while it was working....
ChinaCoiner (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:29:08 AM

UPDATE: Engerizer got me a new version on a Sunday night. Seems the previous version got Goxed by an api change. I'm a happy camper, more testing next week. I'll put a proper review in Energizer's announcement thread after I get a few more trading sessions in.... 
MickeyT2008

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

This account was recently hacked

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:35:29 AM

One point is that if I lose out in my trading then that's my fault and I can accept that, but having a program lose money on my behalf would be really annoying.

This account has recently been hacked and taken over, I haven't posted anything for about two years.  Whoever has been using it and pretending to be me is a scammer.
ChinaCoiner (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:07:24 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 04:57:38 AM by ChinaCoiner

One point is that if I lose out in my trading then that's my fault and I can accept that, but having a program lose money on my behalf would be really annoying.

It would still be your fault, not Enerbot's fault  if you lost money. Since all your buy/sell amounts, i.e cash/coins to risk, spreads of how far down you buy, how high you sell, percentage change between buys and sells, you choose all before you launch the bot. Then, if you made a bad choice you can always kill the bot placed buys and sells at anytime.

Sure it's a little bit different than if you 'predicted' last week that BTC would drop all the way to 91 or so and correctly placed your 5k buy order right there, then correctly predicted it would go as high as 124ish over the weekend and correctly placed your sell order there. For sure if you had a crystal ball like that, you should go with it, that's the way to make huge gains...

The above was sorta what I was trying to do, and mildly successful with huge gains and losses in-between, it's really hard on the heart and holding back on the panic button when the market takes big dives...

Trading with a bot like this, is a bit different, because you spread your bets over a much wider range incrementally based on your own inputs and % profit your looking for. Unless you never sleep, and are really fast to input your own buys and sells when the market takes great swings, there's no way you can keep up with pre-thought bot-trader strategy making money for you while you sleep if you set the spread correctly when you kicked it off...

You make money both ways up and down if you set your spreads right. It automagically sets new buys and sells based on your inputs. For each sell order if the market is moving up, it generates a new buy order to gain profit if the market takes a sudden dip. IE. if you sold .3 btc at 124 , depending on your input, maybe buys back at 115. That's a profit over doing nothing, you bought back a coin or fraction of, 9 bucks cheaper than you sold it for. Same thing for each coin you buy low, sets a sell price, so for those coin I just started picking up now at 102ish , selling starts when it gets back to 115...

If you cover a wide spread, it's a way to be making money in all the waves of buys and sells whether up or down. It's not the same as predicting the future and making that huge score when you bought huge at 65 a couple few weeks ago and sold at 160 or whatever. It's just a safe (depending on your inputs) way to be incrementally making smaller gains over-all, and not get blown outta the market with one bad decision or panic-sell....

maverick1337

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:12:01 AM

Does anyone have access to a bot that just notifies when the EMA lines cross as opposed to automatically trading? I just want to be notified when the lines cross so I can execute my trades as I please. Do any bots now just allow this?
MickeyT2008

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

This account was recently hacked

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:35:33 AM

Unless you never sleep

That's the main problem with doing this manually of course!

This account has recently been hacked and taken over, I haven't posted anything for about two years.  Whoever has been using it and pretending to be me is a scammer.
maverick1337

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:14:58 AM

So how much was EnerBot? Is it easy to use and can I use it on my mac?
yououbier

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:43:58 AM

so much
antong0607

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:08:37 AM

so many
ChinaCoiner (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:16:01 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 08:26:44 AM by ChinaCoiner

So how much was EnerBot? Is it easy to use and can I use it on my mac?

You should ask the Energizer how much, he's free to set his own prices. Guessing it would not run on your Mac unless your running windoze emulator.

For me, it was plenty expensive, but I think I made the right choice. Bought it on high lucky profits, and not having a heart-attack anymore on huge market swings, just incremental profits instead...

And just to be clear, I'm not a shill for Energizer. I started by specifically searching for bot-traders on Google and ran across his announce here, from way back in March.

This part of his announcement below made it worth the money for me. I mean he's way ahead of my curve, maybe he's onto something...

"EnerBot is a modular/custom Mt.Gox trading bot. I've started developing EnerBot 18 months ago. During this period EnerBot used hundreds of different trading strategies until it matured and reached its final flexible/profitable trading algorithm, that I've been using privately for the last 6 months."

So far it's working for me. I took a week or so before I actually took the plunge to purchase. These things you never can tell, mostly just looked back on posts here long-time back from Energizer to feel comfortable he's not a scammer. I felt that most scammers don't take a year or so making posts that portray themselves as up-standing citizens, before they scam you...

I was right, Energizer is indeed an upstanding citizen and has a good product and good support after the sale. If you can afford it, I recommend it... Smiley    

maksm

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:19:51 PM

I've been working on my own bot but still haven't got the time and money to test it practically. In simulated runs I get a nice profit, hopefully that will also be happening when I try it live Tongue

Can you post some more trading results? I guess you won't be willing to share much details about the bot itself Wink
tkntobfrk

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:49:06 PM

Ill have to take a look at this bot.
maverick1337

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:19:51 PM

Just received an email and the bot is $1600 with GUI and $800 without. I'll pass as its just another EMA threshold trader.
maksm

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:27:58 AM

Just received an email and the bot is $1600 with GUI and $800 without. I'll pass as its just another EMA threshold trader.
Good info mate. But how do you know its just another EMA trader?
jamesblack

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:40:37 AM

what about the time ?
maksm

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:49:03 AM

time.is
ChinaCoiner (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:59:47 AM

...I'll pass as its just another EMA threshold trader.

Not sure where you get that idea, or maybe I don't understand the definition, but from my perspective you can't be further from the truth.

Eh, I have no pony in this race, Energizer can defend, or not, that comment....

Here's my recent stats, been running for a couple days. I'm looking for 15%+ gains on the buy and sells. Pretty much just stuck in the doldrums , no big swings happening right now....

-----------------------[tradable amount]-----------------------
         tradable buy amount @ market price: 0.00000
        tradable sell amount @ market price: 0.00000
             tradable buy amount for orders: 0.00000
            tradable sell amount for orders: 0.00000
                [orders] 114  buy: 21  sell: 93
    [in] 17.66376 BTC [cost] 1885.33904 USD [avrPrice] 106.73486 USD
   [out] 10.45759 BTC [cost] 1228.47314 USD [avrPrice] 117.47192 USD
[Profit] 101.49823 USD [avarage BTC traded per mint] 0.00576 BTC