Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:05:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You western guys are over-interpreting the CCTV coverage  (Read 5046 times)
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:08:42 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197349.0

huge influx of interest
as with anything it will take time.. but, at least we all know the direction is UP

ok
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jinni

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:11:48 PM

Bitcoin itself is not political. This the problem with a lot of the perspectives I've seen on this issue. What you might do with Bitcoin could be political... but it also could not.

It's the ideologies of some of the users of Bitcoin that give it a certain meaning but I doubt that everyone who touches Bitcoin or looks into it will see it in the same way

That is exactly the point. Bitcoin is apolitical and doesn't subscribe to one ideology, in fact is ideologically neutral. But it still has an impact on geopolitics. That is why the Chinese government can argue that Bitcoin is just a technology and incidentally it would also help defeat their nemesis at the same time.

If you read Sun Tzu you will understand that in the Chinese way of thinking the pinnacle of excellence is to defeat your enemy without even fighting.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:16:55 PM

I have my few personal rules to survive BTC market:

1. Don't believe in possible news, believe in real news.

2. Don't believe in wall that doesn't want to be eaten, believe in wall that does.

Ha ha, indeed. Wish it was so easy to distinguish possible news from real news and fake walls from real walls. Let me know if you work those out...!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: