Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:23:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Results of CCTV Coverage? A chart from BTC Guild  (Read 1105 times)
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:29:43 PM

Ever since Avalon showed up on the scene, I've noticed that traffic from China was growing fairly rapidly at BTC Guild.  Through April, China was generally the #2 most visits, trailing behind the US for BTC Guild.  This week has seen a stunning change.  I've been reading about the CCTV coverage, and I must say:  It looks like Bitcoin gained a lot of new attention, far more than what many people realize.

The following is a graph of the visits to BTC Guild from around the world in the last 3 days:

In the last 3 days, roughly 50% of the traffic to BTC Guild has originated in China, more than double the amount of traffic coming from 2nd place (US).  Are any other Bitcoin services seeing similar results over the weekend?

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:32:32 PM

probably chinese noticing that westerners giving their money away for 'bitcoins' that they can mine cheaply and easily

hell, they probably have actual chinese men working in factories now solving the blocks with paper and a pen
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:47:42 PM

If China ever decided to make ASIC miners everyone in China would have them, they would cost $1.99, be sold exclusively at Walmarts in China and they would be a month ahead of schedule. Say goodbye to mining profit for the Western World!

Coinseeker

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:03:33 PM

hell, they probably have actual chinese men working in factories now solving the blocks with paper and a pen

The visual actually made me laugh out loud.   Grin  Hilarious.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: