Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:11:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO or Indiegogo. Looking for feedback...  (Read 363 times)
armadamary (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 08:36:00 PM

Like to get feedback from the group on a potential ICO. 

Project Description:
People are using our platform to broadcast live online radio shows and broadcast prerecorded podcast episodes.

Issue
Figuring out what role blockchain technology is playing in our project.  I can see blockchain technology being used in the following ways:
1. Hold equity ownership
2. Buy products/services
3. Pay Hosts to create content
4. Pay for storage and bandwidth/phone credits
5. Purchase apps
6. Sale of tokens based on number of comments written
7. Incentivize Hosts, developers, and investors

We’re in beta, but we currently have 700 people registered on the site and 266 people who are either broadcasting live online radio shows or broadcasting prerecorded podcast episodes.

The funds raised in the ICO would go to speeding up development and accelerate our growth.

Anyway, I’m open to hearing any advice and feedback.  Maybe an ICO is a bad idea, who knows.  I have pretty thick skin so anything said won’t offend.

TIA...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clearclear

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

Run as fast as you can - or jump in a faster river

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 07:33:05 AM

I think one project you could look into to see how it could maybe be done is Reddcoin but with your options of ICO maybe. I think for your product it is very important to get the people to spend the coins + don't make them see it as a real valuable thing --- so what I could suggest is to get your core users on the train and make them enter the ico and then they get the possibility to share and create the coins maybe earlier than others - so this could create a rewarding environment where the word could spread easily
Bitcoinmeetups.org

Activity: 976
Merit: 1002

Bitcoinmeetups.org

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 07:50:32 AM

Project Description:
People are using our platform to broadcast live online radio shows and broadcast prerecorded podcast episodes.

Issue
Figuring out what role blockchain technology is playing in our project.  I can see blockchain technology being used in the following ways:
1. Hold equity ownership
2. Buy products/services
5. Purchase apps

We’re in beta, but we currently have 700 people registered on the site and 266 people who are either broadcasting live online radio shows or broadcasting prerecorded podcast episodes.

The funds raised in the ICO would go to speeding up development and accelerate our growth.

Anyway, I’m open to hearing any advice and feedback.  Maybe an ICO is a bad idea, who knows.  I have pretty thick skin so anything said won’t offend.

TIA...

Indiegogo does not provide ICO like tools so you should probably forget about it and just make an ICO unless you can take some features from Indiegogo and add them to your ICO.

Bitcoinmeetups.org: Writing, Blockchain and AI Project Development.
Telegram: Apply to join us here: https://t.me/joinchat/KU7ltBBaG59499AJ0Az4nw
Web: http://www.bitcoinmeetups.org
armadamary (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:19:55 AM

Thanks for the feedback.  Interesting idea.  I'll definitely check out Reddcoin and see what they did.

I was thinking about rewarding our core users for creating content.

I think one project you could look into to see how it could maybe be done is Reddcoin but with your options of ICO maybe. I think for your product it is very important to get the people to spend the coins + don't make them see it as a real valuable thing --- so what I could suggest is to get your core users on the train and make them enter the ico and then they get the possibility to share and create the coins maybe earlier than others - so this could create a rewarding environment where the word could spread easily
armadamary (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:23:00 PM

Thanks for replying.  I was actually thinking of doing one over the other. 

Project Description:

Issue
1. Hold equity ownership
2. Buy products/services
5. Purchase apps

TIA...

Indiegogo does not provide ICO like tools so you should probably forget about it and just make an ICO unless you can take some features from Indiegogo and add them to your ICO.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: