Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:32:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Bitcoin Catalog is OUT and accessible to EVERYONE!  (Read 1996 times)
The Bitcoin Catalog (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 12:38:17 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 11:39:58 PM by The Bitcoin Catalog

We are really proud to announce the official release of The Bitcoin Catalog! This catalog is the biggest bitcoin listing containing more than 300 relevant websites classified into 4 main categories: Bitcoin Related, Goods, Services and Local.

Why a printed catalog?

- To ease and accelerate bitcoin integration among all new users.
- To give a credibility and notoriety boost to the bitcoin currency by promoting its legitimate market to the general public.
- To stimulate its economy by providing as much visibility as possible to all merchant using bitcoin.  
- To act as an incentive for merchants to accept bitcoin as a payment option by providing them a good targeted advertising infrastructure which is the catalog and its partners Bitcoin PR Buzz and AnonymousAds.
- To reach brand new markets unaware of bitcoin.
- And finally, to be a good reference to all users for anything related to bitcoin until bitcoin goes mainstream Smiley

Our distribution strategy

- 25 FREE copies are available to anyone having a blog or any kind of editorial and wants to write an article about it (PM me - Priority given to those with larger audiences).
- Printed catalog at COST price to anyone doing bitcoin conference / meetups or any kind of PR related to bitcoin (send us a request via our website to receive a quote).
- A FREE interactive .pdf edition is already accessible on our website.
- We will integrate an affiliate program to advertise the catalog and the products we are and will offer (send me a PM and we will keep you in touch shortly).
- We are seeking for distributors or resellers for the printed edition. Let us know if you are interested or have any opportunities for us.
- More is coming soon!

How to be listed in The Bitcoin Catalog?

You can be listed in the next edition simply by choosing one of the packages we are offering and send us the related request form.
All the details can be found here: http://thebitcoincatalog.com/request-form/
We are encouraging all new businesses to send us at least the FREE Catalog Listing Package to be part of the next edition.
(Note that the symbolic 1 cent fees are to avoid spamming and websites not related to bitcoin)

It’s now a good time to bug your favorite merchants to accept bitcoin and let them know they can be listed in the catalog for FREE.
Let us know and we’ll be happy to help you doing pushing on that merchant Smiley

WARNING: We did not necessarily tested all the websites listed in the catalog. Stay cautious of what you are doing with your bitcoins.  
Our next step will be to integrate a rating section on our website to allow you to share your good or bad experiences to other catalog users so stay tuned!

Don’t hesitate to give us any suggestions or comments that can help us to improve the catalog and achieve our goals.
Thanks to all of those who participate and already helped us on this project!

The Bitcoin Catalog Team

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:58:57 PM

Ordered.  Grin
The Bitcoin Catalog (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 06:16:13 PM

Ordered.  Grin

Thank you  Smiley

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
bitcoinstarter

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:19:48 PM

Looks great! you did a fab. job.  Bitcoin needs more things like this I do plan to purchase a hard-copy soon.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:51:31 PM

how come I can't buy it with BTC?  Huh

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
The Bitcoin Catalog (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 07:58:38 PM

how come I can't buy it with BTC?  Huh

Of course you can. You can checkout using bitpay.

Antony

MoneyCoin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:46:16 PM

I love it, Please post this in the Alt. Currency thread to if you would, and the others...looks great
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:59:52 PM

Your strategy seems to fail to include sucking up to the actual Bitcoin businesses of any import in the probably vain but still nonzero hope they may endorse you. As such it's beyond brain damaged, and certainly not apt to be called a strategy.

Do you have any sort of background in trade magazine publishing? Why do I even ask, not like the Bitcoin Rag folks do either.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
The Bitcoin Catalog (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 11:49:01 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 01:20:53 AM by The Bitcoin Catalog

Your strategy seems to fail to include sucking up to the actual Bitcoin businesses of any import in the probably vain but still nonzero hope they may endorse you. As such it's beyond brain damaged, and certainly not apt to be called a strategy.

Do you have any sort of background in trade magazine publishing? Why do I even ask, not like the Bitcoin Rag folks do either.

Yes we do have experience but hey! don't hesitate if you have any good suggestions for us!  Wink

Antony

The Bitcoin Catalog (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 12:09:17 AM

I love it, Please post this in the Alt. Currency thread to if you would, and the others...looks great

We will but we don't want to spam though

DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 12:53:10 PM

Nice Smiley   Thanks for this nice work.. from Montreal I think !!   Cheesy

Ordered one, quite usefull to show to friends / familly  Smiley

Keep up the good work !
The Bitcoin Catalog (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 10:35:57 PM

Nice Smiley   Thanks for this nice work.. from Montreal I think !!   Cheesy

Ordered one, quite usefull to show to friends / familly  Smiley

Keep up the good work !

Thanks for the order. That's exactly the purpose of a printed catalog!

and yes we are from Montreal Smiley

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:46:27 PM

Looks great!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:59:36 PM

We most certainly didn't, and it still defied every critics' expectations by being a success. Off-topic, but I have my doubts about the general direction of the magazine these days though (seems a tad on the activist side since I left) but I am proud of it just the same.

It is true that this catalog has yet to prove itself of being any more useful than a simple forum thread could be, or like my Market ads were in the back of the Bitcoin Magazine, but let's just wait and see. I just saw the price ($19 $14.95). At twice the price of the Bitcoin Magazine (68~80 pages) and with only a public list of products and services, I'm now convinced it's a waste of money.

OP, in all seriousness, contact someone about printing methods. There is no reason your catalog should be that expensive.

The Bitcoin Catalog (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 03:56:41 PM

@Matthew N. Wright

We are pretty aware of printing methods. The problem is that we cannot afford a very high printing volume without knowing how many will be sold and how fast it will be outdated. The risks are too high (especially after that bubble) and we need to start from somewhere. This is why we have chosen higher quality prints mainly for promotional purpose. This is also why there is a completely free pdf available on our website, we are aware that the prints are not cheap. Ultimately, prints of a catalog like this should be completely free either and backed by the businesses included in it. The facts are that actually, not enough legitimate bitcoin businesses are making enough money to have advertising budgets and those who are making good profits do not “need” advertising because the market is way too small (For your information, we did not charge anything for those included in the 1st edition). That being said, we are pretty confident that the bitcoin market we will be there in a near future Smiley. Meanwhile, we will work very hard to advertise and spread the pdf over the internet to reach new markets and help the growth of the bitcoin economy!

Don’t hesitate if you have any input for us on that mater!

Antony

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:30:51 PM

@Matthew N. Wright

We are pretty aware of printing methods. The problem is that we cannot afford a very high printing volume without knowing how many will be sold and how fast it will be outdated. The risks are too high (especially after that bubble) and we need to start from somewhere. This is why we have chosen higher quality prints mainly for promotional purpose. This is also why there is a completely free pdf available on our website, we are aware that the prints are not cheap. Ultimately, prints of a catalog like this should be completely free either and backed by the businesses included in it. The facts are that actually, not enough legitimate bitcoin businesses are making enough money to have advertising budgets and those who are making good profits do not “need” advertising because the market is way too small (For your information, we did not charge anything for those included in the 1st edition). That being said, we are pretty confident that the bitcoin market we will be there in a near future Smiley. Meanwhile, we will work very hard to advertise and spread the pdf over the internet to reach new markets and help the growth of the bitcoin economy!

Don’t hesitate if you have any input for us on that mater!

Antony

Thank you for your direct response Antony. Bitcoin Magazine also had to spend about $20k out of the gate and took a huge risk, so I am well aware of the call. The important thing is that we were prepared to lose and we provided something that sold itself (in most cases). I'm not quite over the critical issues with your product, but once I do get over them (or see a solution presented), I'll be more than happy to offer additional advice in support. There have been many before you try the same and similar things so you'll have to prove it first! (You know this)

Cheers!

The Bitcoin Catalog (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 12:28:33 AM

Thanks Matthew

zero3112

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:19:12 AM

Is there a pdf version that I can buy with bitcoin?

The Bitcoin Catalog (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 02:38:52 AM

Is there a pdf version that I can buy with bitcoin?

No. The pdf is free  Wink
Just visit our website

Bakemono

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:18:15 PM

By reading this thread i realized tha bitcoin magazine is an actual paper magazine.(I don't know how to call it , i am not a native speaker  Undecided )

Untill now i was under the impression that it is an "official" bitcoin blog that rarely updates its content.

BTC : 1Ct9opEdmq4ZuZmNQmhGBDcurrePFykTRt
LTC : LLqGtKpAdx6Ci8ZaSrvWG6WXfFF3mPK4V9
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: