Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:29:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple wallet getting ripped on Coinpayments.net  (Read 7482 times)
MissEmVa (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:37:12 AM

Dear,

It is with deep regret we must inform you of an error we discovered in our Ripple service on June 5th, 2017 that allowed a few users to withdraw excessive XRP from hot wallet XRP accounts. Our records show that you are one of the users affected by this unfortunate activity. The issue was hard to detect because of the rarity of circumstances where it could happen. We have done a full review of our systems and added additional checks and protections to make sure similar issues don't occur in the future.

This isolated incident is the first of its kind on our platform and affected only ripple wallets which were not taking advantage of our long-term coin storage solution, the Vault. The people who exploited the glitch were not hackers, but other long term users of our service who made errors or chose not to report the discovered issue and ended up withdrawing other client’s XRP. Their detailed personal information has been collected and they all have been contacted to return the funds immediately. We are in communication with some already and reclamation process has begun with the help of our lawyers. Early response indicates that honesty appears to be prevailing. Some of the funds have already been returned and through a series of escalating steps we will be making every effort to ensure the XRP is returned to its rightful owners. We will be working diligently with local and international authorities for the safe return all balances and will proceed with criminal prosecution of those who do not return the funds willingly.

Your patience is greatly appreciated as we work through this matter. Note that your balance has been updated to reflect your new balance. Our support staff will not be able to give any information regarding the situation or adjust your Ripple balance.

We would like to remind everyone that any coin stored for an extended period should always be Vaulted. This service is free and offers the highest level of protection for any funds kept online. Additionally, we will dedicate 1/4 of our revenue flowing directly to effected users until we restore all of the missing value in their accounts. All coins recovered will be evenly distributed among all accounts effected as those come in.

Sincerely,
 Alex Alexandrov
 Chief Executive Officer
 CoinPayments Inc.

Other people who are a victim of this ?

I think and hope Coinpayments will/can fix this... Still have a lot of trust in the company...

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scardom

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:32:08 AM

Yes.. Wtf i lost my Ripple.

I hope they do something about it.
If they don't i hope alot of us can come together and i will prepare a lawsuit for sustained financial damages..
hiddenmonkey

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:53:19 AM

I have also received the above email. There is a significant amount missing from my account. I hope they are quick to recover the funds as the amount will increase if ripple goes up.

I'll keep you guys posted and you do the same.
Vaseto

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:03:07 AM

Hey, guys mine Ripple missing too SadSad If they dont do anything to bring the missing ripple for all of us im with you to go search help from layers!!
jobje3

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:08:55 AM

Same here! All XRPs gone from my wallet. I have emailed support to ask for an indication on when we can expect our XRPs to be restored, but no answer yet.
wizziweb

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:10:45 AM

There is already a petition for Coinpayments.net to pay back the ripple or face legal action
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1986688654888260/
Scardom

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:14:16 AM

Thanks for pointing us at that, i will look at it right away.
CryptoSAGuy

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:17:13 AM

Hi Guys, My Ripple is also gone this morning and I also received the same email.
caszor

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:29:53 AM

There is already a petition for Coinpayments.net to pay back the ripple or face legal action

thats a waste of effort, they clearly say they are working on restoring the funds, not taking them. why can't people just read lol?
wizziweb

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:37:39 AM

thats a waste of effort, they clearly say they are working on restoring the funds, not taking them. why can't people just read lol?

If your money was involved in this you will not say that. With crypto currencies, time is everything. I could have traded my ripple for some other currency to increase its value. You cannot hold onto someone's money for whatever reason. It is the company's responsibility to restore all the missing amount in a timely fashion however they want to do it rather than spread all the payment and pay peanuts to member's account until the balance is complete. What is this? An investment site or what?
hammie1234

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:23:00 AM

yeah me and 5 friends of my received the same e-mail from coinpayments... do you guys really believe there is hope they will recover our funds? I really hope so, i had a very large amount holding XRP Sad
MissEmVa (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:56:11 AM

I hope they can fix this... They have to if they want their reputation stays intact...
MissEmVa (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:02:15 AM

One guy lost 2.45 million in XRP...
jobje3

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:03:15 PM

Got a reply from support:

We are working on restoring everyone's balances as we are collecting back overdrawn funds. All reimbursed funds will be distributed evenly between all effected user as those come in. We will also divert 33% revenue share to all accounts in order to speed time of balance recovery. Unfortunately we are unable to provide any more information for individual accounts, in short; your balance will be restored once we collect the missing funds for everyone.

Mr. Data - Technical Support

Let's wait and see Smiley seems like they are working on it
Keihatsu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

crypto revolution

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:51:11 PM

surprised the price isn't down more today

faith in authority is the enemy of the truth.
jouzads

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:05:24 PM

Same here.. let's know us if you have any issue guys
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:37:46 PM

So this is a mess up by coinpayment ,most of the time the company wont compensate for these kind of losses,lets see what their official decision would be,this is the exact reason i hate trusting online service providers to hold my assets,as these sort of things happen all the time and the end user has to bear the loss.
shivamchawla

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 02:52:13 PM

It is always bad to see people losing money. Always try to keep as less money as you can on exchanges. Luckily I didnt have anymore funds there. Hopefully CoinPayments will refund everyone as bitfinex did. Is there any official announcement on bitcointalk by Coinpayments yet on how did this happen?
MissEmVa (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:27:18 PM

It is always bad to see people losing money. Always try to keep as less money as you can on exchanges. Luckily I didnt have anymore funds there. Hopefully CoinPayments will refund everyone as bitfinex did. Is there any official announcement on bitcointalk by Coinpayments yet on how did this happen?

This isolated incident is the first of its kind on our platform and affected only ripple wallets which were not taking advantage of our long-term coin storage solution, the Vault. The people who exploited the glitch were not hackers, but other long term users of our service who made errors or chose not to report the discovered issue and ended up withdrawing other client’s XRP.

This is what they saying through mail...
caszor

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:19:11 PM

If your money was involved in this you will not say that. With crypto currencies, time is everything. I could have traded my ripple for some other currency to increase its value. You cannot hold onto someone's money for whatever reason. It is the company's responsibility to restore all the missing amount in a timely fashion however they want to do it rather than spread all the payment and pay peanuts to member's account until the balance is complete. What is this? An investment site or what?

It did involve my money, and I can read, unlike most of the people here crying about an email they aren't even reading. I've been using them for almost 4+ years, never had no issues. Support always helped with what they could. So when I got this email, I opened a ticket support ticket and asked. (Even tho in the email it says support can't answer questions about this.) They said they are working on it, and its a big mix so they are working hard to get it all fixed. If they wrote it down and sent it to everyone, then that's what I have to go by. Other places that get hacked and other things, just go hide behind lawyers and bankruptcies. These guys at least admitted that shit fucked up, and they are trying to get it back. Instead of fuck you, find us in court. All I can do is give them time to fix the shit, like anyone else. Starting pathetic facebook groups for something that is slowly being solved shows what kind of illiterate scumbag you are. lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: